Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Allocations can be stripped/reduced from Dealer by Ford Corp. !

Yes, and Ford has published the terms for those stripped allocations. Only 60% have to go to the original order holder for them to start loosing allocations.

My point was that there was nothing they could do on a single specific order. Not under their current published policies and dealership agreements.
Sponsored

bigedizzle

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge st and a 2017 Fiesta st
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We don't know that this dealer was trying to upsell this particular vehicle, though. We do know OP chose to post a bad review, before the sale was complete. At that point, the dealer may see the customer, as the bad actor and choose to not do business with him. Why should the dealership be obligated to work with someone like that? What incentive does the dealership have to maintain its relationship with a customer who is giving bad reviews, before they have anything to review? That said, the dealer will probably sell the truck for well over MSRP, now; but we cannot say that was their intention, prior to the bad review.
I work for a ford dealership and that pre purchase rant was the nail in the coffin. They have no interest in selling you a car that you will subsequently trash them on a survey which is tied into 75k the dealer can receive for having survey scores at or above region. You $Hit the bed on this one op.

TantoIndian

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco , 2,7
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Police are probably not going to do anything, as that vehicle is not yours. The dealership owns that vehicle and an order is not a contract.

Not what you want to hear, but I would research a good dealer in your area.
Police will not and cannot do anything about this , since this is technically a "contract" or civil issue. But if its legit and you have the documentation for it, it would prob be a decent case for small claims court. Not sure if its worth the lawyer fees, court times, and days off of work for it though. Sounds like you just need to continue to NOT promote their dealership and leave a negative but honest review on Google or their website.

michaeldc46

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK - 2 Door Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, and Ford has published the terms for those stripped allocations. Only 60% have to go to the original order holder for them to start loosing allocations.

My point was that there was nothing they could do on a single specific order. Not under their current published policies and dealership agreements.
My point does not align with Ford Corp. Allocation Policy - Some Ford Executives and District Sales Managers do have some control over individual dealer Allocations of various high demand vehicles - depending on the Ford Executives with some clout and some District Sales Managers that care can and do redistribute Allocations from "Problem Dealers" - does not happen across all Ford Areas, but they can and do in some cases "punish" bad acting dealers by reducing allocations of some "Hot Vehicles" ............ and some just don't care and are waiting on Ford Corp.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ed Kenley Ford in Layton is where my order is. My buddy is a salesman there, so I ordered thru him. I noticed on your review you wrote "buyer beware. RACiSTS, bigoted, unprofessional... Bla bla bla. So you lied about the dealership and complained about waiting a couple months when others have waited long past a year. I think this is a you problem.
Nowhere in the original post did OP say anything about racism or bigotry. In fact, in one of his responses he claimed, "I was civil the entire time and don’t know why my review was taken so harshly."

To my way of thinking, calling someone racist or bigotted is far from civil. I have absolutely no doubts as to why the review was taken so harshly.
I'd like to say I'm surprised at the low level of reading comprehension on this board .... except I'm not.

As for the overall thread, posting the negative review prior to acquiring the Bronco, that was clearly a tactical error. Sometimes you have to hold your tongue for a while. Live and learn.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's a civil issue not a criminal one. The police won't do anything.
That's it right there. Being an old LEO the only thing I could have done was ask the dealer if I could take a test drive in that Bronco. Nuttin' else.................

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd like to say I'm surprised at the low level of reading comprehension on this board .... except I'm not.

As for the overall thread, posting the negative review prior to acquiring the Bronco, that was clearly a tactical error. Sometimes you have to hold your tongue for a while. Live and learn.
If you aren't following what was said, maybe go back and reread the thread. That should help with your reading comprehension.

Good luck!

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you aren't following what was said, maybe go back and reread the thread. That should help with your reading comprehension.

Good luck!
Says the person who accused the OP of saying something racist that he never said.

Back atcha.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Says the person who accused the OP of saying something racist that he never said.

Back atcha.
That's too funny. You really do need to read for comprehension...seriously. Show me exactly where I accused someone of saying something racist. You can't, because it never happened. Of course, if you are not comprehending what I did say, you may think I said that. Go back and read it, until you get it. Until that happens, you may want to reconsider your suggestion that others need to read for comprehension.

Man, the comedy never ends, here. I'll say that much.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's too funny. You really do need to read for comprehension...seriously. Show me exactly where I accused someone of saying something racist. You can't, because it never happened. Of course, if you are not comprehending what I did say, you may think I said that. Go back and read it, until you get it. Until that happens, you may want to reconsider your suggestion that others need to read for comprehension.

Man, the comedy never ends, here. I'll say that much.
yeah....you might want to delete this post, doubling down on your error by claiming someone else had a reading comprehension lapse instead of yourself was maybe not the best move here.

It is apparent you skimmed post number 47, took a review clearly under someone else's name and believed (and argued) that it was from the OP. It is pretty bad, the actual post being discussed was even circled.

Nowhere in the original post did OP say anything about racism or bigotry. In fact, in one of his responses he claimed, "I was civil the entire time and don’t know why my review was taken so harshly."

To my way of thinking, calling someone racist or bigotted is far from civil. I have absolutely no doubts as to why the review was taken so harshly.
Your quote above was about a review that was above the review being asked about.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah....you might want to delete this post, doubling down on your error by claiming someone else had a reading comprehension lapse instead of yourself was maybe not the best move here.

It is apparent you skimmed post number 47, took a review clearly under someone else's name and believed (and argued) that it was from the OP. It is pretty bad, the actual post being discussed was even circled.

Your quote above was about a review that was above the review being asked about.
My quote was about a comment that was made reagarding the review OP made. In the comment the other guy said that OP had called the dealership/sales peoe racist and bigoted. Neither he nor I called anyone racist.

You can try to read into it, more than what is there; but I was commenting on what would happen if someone were to call a dealership raicst, in a review, prior to receiving their ordered vehicle. So, yeah, to say thar I called someone racist is factually wrong and requires a more thorough reading of the posts.

Trippled the fuck down.

Last edited:

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can try to read into it, more than what is there; but I was commenting on what would happen if someone were to call a dealership raicst, in a review, prior to receiving their ordered vehicle. So, yeah, to say thar I called someone racist is factually wrong and requires a more thorough reading of the posts.
Fascinating! I know this won't get through to you but this is amusing for its own sake.

Nah, I'll let you do that, reading in more than what was there. You're doing great! "I was commenting on what would happen if someone were to call a dealership raicst, in a review, prior to receiving their ordered vehicle." The OP did not do that. That is not what happened. Hence my original comment. He made a tactical error by posting a *different* review, but he didn't call the dealership racist.

I suppose the other possibility is that you're now claiming that you never did think that the OP posted the review accusing the dealer of being racist, you have great comprehension skills, but you just have really poor communication skills. Reading your earlier post, one would have to think that you completely understand, and that you have "absolutely no doubts," why the dealer would punish Person B for a review accusing the dealer of being racist posted by Person A.

If you meant to say that you understood why the dealer got mad because the dealer mixed up the two reviews, well, maybe you should have said *that*. That certainly wasn't communicated in what you wrote, however. Otherwise why would you have even mentioned this: "Nowhere in the original post did OP say anything about racism or bigotry." Because why would the OP have thought to mention it if he didn't write that particular review?

Read for yourself (if you can). Take as much time as you need.

Anyway, you win. I'll never convince someone with low comprehension skills.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Fascinating! I know this won't get through to you but this is amusing for its own sake.

Nah, I'll let you do that, reading in more than what was there. You're doing great! "I was commenting on what would happen if someone were to call a dealership raicst, in a review, prior to receiving their ordered vehicle." The OP did not do that. That is not what happened. Hence my original comment. He made a tactical error by posting a *different* review, but he didn't call the dealership racist.

I suppose the other possibility is that you're now claiming that you never did think that the OP posted the review accusing the dealer of being racist, you have great comprehension skills, but you just have really poor communication skills. Reading your earlier post, one would have to think that you completely understand, and that you have "absolutely no doubts," why the dealer would punish Person B for a review accusing the dealer of being racist posted by Person A.

If you meant to say that you understood why the dealer got mad because the dealer mixed up the two reviews, well, maybe you should have said *that*. That certainly wasn't communicated in what you wrote, however. Otherwise why would you have even mentioned this: "Nowhere in the original post did OP say anything about racism or bigotry." Because why would the OP have thought to mention it if he didn't write that particular review?

Read for yourself (if you can). Take as much time as you need.

Anyway, you win. I'll never convince someone with low comprehension skills.
After rading all that, I still cannot find the answer to my question. I will ask again. Where did I say someone, OP or otherwise, is racist?

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone call me a racist? It's been a while. 😂

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i suggest do exactly as ford told you to do. print out what they told you along with the preorder and deposits you paid. Any evidence that will help. When you walk into the dealer act as youre picking up your car and go with it. if trouble happens involve the police as Ford mentioned and let the dealer know thats what Ford told me to do.
Don't forget to have them film it for YouTube later 🤣
Sponsored