First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utahs department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!
Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 4D93C5D3-182F-40A5-9E32-D4858159B728
Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order B7FE6B83-500C-4061-A8BA-FC6185110A55

OP
OP

JoeFury

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would guess that it was taken harshly, because it was a BAD review.
In the long run they were fined 15k by the Utah department of commerce and still had to sell me a Bronco. One way or the other these dudes were the most unprofessional group I’ve ever had to deal with

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What statute did they use to compel the dealer to reverse course? This is interesting and not some sort of outlier case, should make a bunch of dealers in Utah very nervous.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What statute did they use to compel the dealer to reverse course? This is interesting and not some sort of outlier case, should make a bunch of dealers in Utah very nervous.
I want to know as well. I know states have different consumer protection laws but it would be nice to know what/which was used in this instance so we can check our local laws/regulations.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is interesting. I ordered my First Edition through Ed Kenley Ford and it was a great experience. I had verbal commitment to MSRP with no markup and they were true to their word. Buying process was seamless and they have followed with a few unexpected gifts in the mail.
My guess is you got yours before they realized how much they stood to gain on a highjacked order. Also, a FE may have garnered a lot more attention than a base so they thought they could sneak by with this guys bronco.

Shefoot

Wildtrak
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is interesting. I ordered my First Edition through Ed Kenley Ford and it was a great experience. I had verbal commitment to MSRP with no markup and they were true to their word. Buying process was seamless and they have followed with a few unexpected gifts in the mail.
I'd say, most is based of off initial interactions and the sales person. I had a not good experience at a dealership at the beginning and swapped from that dealership. Some people had good interactions at that one. The dealership I went with was great from the start and through the entire process. Sometimes its the luck of the draw on the sales person and whats been in the impersonal contact modes.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I notice that OP keeps saying “I reserved/ordered with Ford.”

I don’t know if anyone can offer any advice. I reserved a 2022 Ford Bronco in 2020 directly from Ford. It was converted to an order and was built. I was given the VIN number and window sheet directly from ford. Ed Kenley Ford who was receiving the delivery of my Bronco started refusing the sale after I left a bad review for poor customer service and requested a new salesperson. I was told they would not do business with me and were canceling my order. I contacted Fords corp Customer service 3/18 and was told my bronco will be delivered on or around 3/21/22 and that my reservation is still confirmed and was advised by the Ford representative to go to the dealership on this date to claim my bronco and involve the police if The dealership does not let me claim order. I was told by the Ford corp that vehicle was mine and would sold to me and I am protected by my preorder and They are denying me my the property I contracted through Ford. Please let me know if this is something I can get any suggestion on routes to take. I was told on 3/28/2022 the the bronco had been sold.
my question is how did you order directly from Ford? When wife reserved her bronco she was forced to pick a dealer.

Sponsored

ritzy114

Wildtrak
First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy to hear you received your Bronco! Sorry you had to go through such a horrible experience to get it!!

OP
OP

JoeFury

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bro... Never post a review before your transaction is completed. You seriously demanded to speak to a manager :LOL::ROFLMAO:

1648587314087.png

my question is how did you order directly from Ford? When wife reserved her bronco she was forced to pick a dealer.
i did my order way back it 2020 and had just

i did my order way back in 2020 and had done it through directly through the Ford, I submitted my reservation fee through the ford website directly and on my bank statement it shows (ford motor company) and not the dealership. It wasn’t till the beginning of 2021 that the reservation was converted to a order and then I believe it auto populated the dealership to the nearest dealership to my address at that time.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utahs department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!
Wow, I'm impressed that the state of Utah helped you out! I filed a complaint with Idaho's consumer protection division when BMW failed to honor a warranty repair and Idaho just came back with "BMW said they didn't do anything wrong - case closed"
Sponsored