Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i did my order way back it 2020 and had just

i did my order way back in 2020 and had done it through directly through the Ford, I submitted my reservation fee through the ford website directly and on my bank statement it shows (ford motor company) and not the dealership. It wasn’t till the beginning of 2021 that the reservation was converted to a order and then I believe it auto populated the dealership to the nearest dealership to my address at that time.
see this is interesting, it’s all about the verbiage... because when we placed our reservation with Ford for a fee of $100 and then Ford made us choose a dealership I feel Ford is culpable when a dealer wants to add ADM with or without a purchase agreement. Placing the reservation/order is our agreement with Ford since we paid the $100 reservation fee to Ford...we didn’t pay a reservation fee to a dealer....I’m no lawyer, I’m sure that’s obvious, just kinda thinking out loud. I welcome someone much smarter to call me stupid😂 at my train of thought.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeFury

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wow, I'm impressed that the state of Utah helped you out! I filed a complaint with Idaho's consumer protection division when BMW failed to honor a warranty repair and Idaho just came back with "BMW said they didn't do anything wrong - case closed"
Honestly I didn’t think they would be able to help and they were really open the whole time telling me they didn’t know if they would be able to do much but they were the biggest help

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utahs department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!
4D93C5D3-182F-40A5-9E32-D4858159B728.jpeg
B7FE6B83-500C-4061-A8BA-FC6185110A55.jpeg
Wow. And what looks like a 2-door base. Congrats.

Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 1651598219431

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer interactions are so dependent on first impressions. I don't leave bad reviews - I just take my business somewhere else. Hell, I'm good friends with the higher up's at a large auto group. I've purchased 3 new vehicles from them in 8 years. All of them WELL under invoice. Went to order a Bronco (was prepared for MSRP so it wasn't a price issue) for my wife. The new guy in charge of the ordering process took forever (as in 3-4 days for a quick answer and he never returned phone calls) to answer emails, then told me stuff like "$1500 min deposit to order" and all kinds of other complete garbage. Contacted another local dealer recommended by a friend. Within 45 minutes - ALL via email I ordered a Bronco, got a signed buyer's order, MSRP, deposit done over the phone ($500). This was in Dec '21. Fully expected to be getting a '23. New Car manager emailed me the day my order was picked up and I got a VIN. Salesman who took over my sale provided me a rail car # etc. Heck, the used car mgr saw my '19 Mustang GT when I met my wife there to appraise her trade in ('17 Mustang ragtop) and made me an offer and ended up buying my car. Trade in offer for my wife's was great as well.

Our Bronco is sitting at the local railyard / auto holding facility waiting for a truck to take it the final 25 miles to the dealer.

Ironically, my salesman from my original dealership (I bought two cars from HIM) called about "if I was still ordering Bronco." I told him what happened FOUR months ago and that I'm picking up my Bronco shortly. Turns out the dipshit I dealt with was fired. I wasn't the only customer he pissed off who went somewhere else.

Apparently the guys tried to sell a FE Bronco out from under a longtime customer. It didn't work out for him.

Most dealerships will have to adapt as the car business changes - and it is changing. Some dealerships will fail. Many will get absorbed (like many already have) buy larger auto groups. Some just see sales numbers and profit margins on units. Others realize that making a smaller profit on the sale might end up making them A LOT more money on the back end in repeat customers, recommendations and the big one - service.

I'm glad the OP got it worked out.

Richterman

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally have an update and it’s truly been a roller coaster ride. After Ed Kenley Ford sold the bronco I got involved with Utahs department of commerce. This ended up going to ford corporates attorneys who told the dealership they were not allowed to do this and to avoid a substantial lawsuit against the dealership for voiding my order. Long story short the dealership had to find a matching order and sell it to me last week. Everyone at the dealership was real pissy but it felt good to walk in there and get the keys and drive MY bronco off the lot. So now I’m joining the Bronco family for real!
Awesome. Glad to hear it worked out for you

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Congratulations!
Very happy to read your positive update.
Sponsored