First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did you leave negative reviews about? Just the long wait to receive the Bronco?
I left the bad review because my salesman Bryce Taylor wasn’t responding to my messages and the 2 responses he gave me were rude and didn’t seem like he even read my messages and so I asked the dealership to switch me salesperson which they refused to to so after 3 more months of Bryce acting a fool I left the negative review. I was civil the entire time and don’t know why my review was taken so harshly. The sales manager did say Bryce was dealing with some issues from ford but that was the only excuse I got for his behavior before being told my order was going to be canceled.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JoeFury

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
Another story that makes no sense. If anybody were able to do anything, it would be ford. What can a cop do, you don’t own the vehicle? I don’t get why ford told you that.
The ford rep I spoke to said that
I’m Not trying to cause argument, but trying to understand. Maybe there is something missing here

From the pictures you attached though, It doesn’t look like your dates line up with what you’re saying.

It looks like the Bronco was supposed to arrive on the 21st but that you were not chatting with Ford until the 22nd.

It also looks like Ford told you you still need to work directly with the dealer since they’re an independent facility.

If it was supposed to arrive on the 21st, you should have been buying it on the 22nd.
I had multiple messages with Ford and the department of commerce and utahs consumer protection agency. That’s just one of many screenshots from my interactions with ford. The first time I’d reached out to ford was 3/14/22 because on my conversation after visiting the dealership

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t know if anyone can offer any advice. I reserved a 2022 Ford Bronco in 2020 directly from Ford. It was converted to an order and was built. I was given the VIN number and window sheet directly from ford. Ed Kenley Ford who was receiving the delivery of my Bronco started refusing the sale after I left a bad review for poor customer service and requested a new salesperson. I was told they would not do business with me and were canceling my order. I contacted Fords corp Customer service 3/18 and was told my bronco will be delivered on or around 3/21/22 and that my reservation is still confirmed and was advised by the Ford representative to go to the dealership on this date to claim my bronco and involve the police if The dealership does not let me claim order. I was told by the Ford corp that vehicle was mine and would sold to me and I am protected by my preorder and They are denying me my the property I contracted through Ford. Please let me know if this is something I can get any suggestion on routes to take. I was told on 3/28/2022 the the bronco had been sold.

AF919E16-1B21-43CE-856F-1825C358C0EB.png

ABF25922-4DDB-4964-B2F3-5664760DB67D.png

53950F32-D030-44D6-BF7C-7D208F723FBF.jpeg
I'm thinking the bad review could have waited until after delivery. That is, if you were actually hoping to receive a Bronco from the same dealer you were reviewing. Burned bridges...

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I left the bad review because my salesman Bryce Taylor wasn’t responding to my messages and the 2 responses he gave me were rude and didn’t seem like he even read my messages and so I asked the dealership to switch me salesperson which they refused to to so after 3 more months of Bryce acting a fool I left the negative review. I was civil the entire time and don’t know why my review was taken so harshly. The sales manager did say Bryce was dealing with some issues from ford but that was the only excuse I got for his behavior before being told my order was going to be canceled.
I would guess that it was taken harshly, because it was a BAD review.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand, I’m just saying that you don’t actually own the vehicle, so I don’t really know what a police officer can do to stop the dealership. If that’s what ford told you, then that’s bonkers, because it seems to me if the people who actually build the vehicles can’t stop them what’s the point?

Sponsored

BMcCJ

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, 56TBird, Atlas, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 4BE319F5-C64A-44FC-BC6E-7D7B4353B95D

my reservation, MR. BANKS
VIN: 1FMDE5BH0MLA…

#metoo (not that original #metoo)

Did you receive your $100 back? I did. I think you may be out of luck with this dealer, but your last resort might be a heartfelt conversation with the owner of the dealership. He/She might get you back in the que with a different salesperson.

What I discovered in this process was that ultimately the dealership owns the order. Ford corp can not sell cars directly, that’s a violation of their dealership contracts. Some of those dealership contracts were signed 100 years ago by Henry Ford. Tied to those, Ford corp can only sell to dealers. Dealers choose who to sell to. Legally we had “reservations” not “orders”. Contrary to Ford’s confusing marketing emails. Those VIN marketing emails from Ford Corp are for brand loyalty building and use language that presumes that the dealers will be good actors and support your claim to that VIN. But mine was not, yours was not. I became emotionally attached to that Blue Outer Banks. I named my order MR. BANKS. Now I have to use CarFax if I want to see who is driving MR. BANKS. It’s a romantic disappointment, akin to some Olivia Rodrigo ballad. I have to say though, that my MR. BANKS order got me into Bronco Off Rodeo and some cool marketing merchandise like a desk calendar.

So, even though we had a “reservation” with $100 earnest money, that just helped establish original allocations and dealership orders. The dealership places the order and they own it. They would prefer to skip the reservation and upsell it to a preferred customer that pays above MSRP or is better connected to the Bronco/Internet Order sales person.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand the urge to slap on that review...but it's like telling the waiter before you get your food that you aren't leaving a tip because he was slow getting to your table. Bad idea until the bird is in the hand. You live and learn...

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bro... Never post a review before your transaction is completed. You seriously demanded to speak to a manager :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 1648587314087
Ford Bronco Dealership sold my bronco Order 1648588373347

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damn, if this escalates that Ford rep is probably not going to have a job anymore. Their advice to have you call the police is absolutely ludicrous. As much as I agree you were very much entitled to this vehicle, from a legal perspective the dealership does still own it 100%

Crazy that they suggested this tactic instead of putting pressure on the dealer themselves.

Sponsored

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i suggest do exactly as ford told you to do. print out what they told you along with the preorder and deposits you paid. Any evidence that will help. When you walk into the dealer act as youre picking up your car and go with it. if trouble happens involve the police as Ford mentioned and let the dealer know thats what Ford told me to do.

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow. That sucks you had a bad dealer. But I have to agree that leaving a bad review is only something you do AFTER you get what you want. I did nearly everything I did to become my dealer's best friend. And I visited in person many times during my 528 day wait. I asked my dealer how they handled situations when an angry Bronco order holder started trying to damage their reputation. He said there is a clause somewhere that let's them cancel the order on the customer - it is at the dealer's discretion. The consumer has no right to the car. But with a signed purchase agreement, the consumer does have a right to the price. It all comes down to finding a dealer with integrity and being a "valued" customer.

If the deal looks like it's heading south, you must take action BEFORE the car is shipped to the dealer. Consumers have no entitlement to Bronco just because they placed an order for one.

That said, if I were you I would now do everything I could to ruin the dealership's reputation.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn, if this escalates that Ford rep is probably not going to have a job anymore. Their advice to have you call the police is absolutely ludicrous. As much as I agree you were very much entitled to this vehicle, from a legal perspective the dealership does still own it 100%

Crazy that they suggested this tactic instead of putting pressure on the dealer themselves.

Still haven't seen anything from the OP that indicates a Ford Rep actually said call the police. The screen shots shared only say they can't sell it out from under him (which isn't true if they can't come to terms on the sale price) and to work with the dealer because they are an independent facility.

The police claim is about as credible as a "My dealer said" claim on this forum

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't get why you'd post a bad review about what ever before even getting your truck, what prompted that hissy fit? Not a smart move.

They order and buy it from Ford, it's their truck, they can set it on fire or sell it to whom ever they want or give it away to the next pretty woman walking in the door. Or sell it to the person that "ordered" it - which they didn't, nobody but dealers can order any vehicle directly from Ford.

Burning bridges before you even cross them by posting bad reviews is not a great idea. They have zero obligation to deal with you or anyone else they don't like walking in. And while we don't know half of the story here it seems, if I were a dealer, I'd certainly not entertain the idea of selling a vehicle to someone that posted a bad review before "their" order even came in. I'd sent "that" customer to take a hike.

Neither the $100 reservation nor placing an order with the dealer make the truck "your" truck in any legal way what so ever. It's all in the fine print. Pretty much the same anywhere actually, until you pay for it, it's not yours to take home, be it Amazon, any local store, or a car dealer.

But I'm not sure what was going on here, if you were just "that" guy or there's more to the story that you have no posted.
Just have to say that THIS is everything that is wrong with the dealer system.

I'm not an asshole, I'm friendly, and I get along well with people, but I shouldn't have to 'think tactically' or kiss ass to get a vehicle I ordered months or years ago.

No one whether sales or customer should have to deal with this current arrangement and I'll never understand how people defend it.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just have to say that THIS is everything that is wrong with the dealer system.

I'm not an asshole, I'm friendly, and I get along well with people, but I shouldn't have to 'think tactically' or kiss ass to get a vehicle I ordered months or years ago.

No one whether sales or customer should have to deal with this current arrangement and I'll never understand how people defend it.
A lot of dealers suck, but the alternative is essentially setting up a monopoly on any given model. If there weren’t dealers, you’d have to deal directly with Ford and there would be no competition.

Look at Tesla. No one complains about ADM with Tesla because whenever market conditions change they just change the price on their website. I think the models S is up 16k this year. People on here complain about MSRP going up 2k and most have price protection against that.

What I don’t get about these posts is people who are shocked to find out that their dealer is a sleaze. It’s not like they just became a sleaze. Dealerships have reputations, look into them. I talked to every dealer in the area back in July ‘20 and moved my reservation to the one I felt most comfortable with. Guess what, I had a great experience.
Sponsored