Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe I'm wrong, but this sounds like a troll post. OP comes in, drops off a bomb like this then disappears without giving any specifics.
100% fake story
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Were FE ever a "retail stock"? I can see how any Ford dealer could possible think that a random FE just showed up as dealer stock.

Sounds like the new management decided they wanted an FE and just took it.

At least that's how a jury should see it!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok. so let's ASSUME your story is true. Let's have the name of the dealership, name of the GM you originally spoke with and the name of the GM or who ever gave you this story.

If your story is true, no need to worry about defamation lawsuit from the dealership because we're ASSUMING you can back up this story.

If, your story is true let's make sure others who use this dealership and Ford know what they're about it. Not that Ford will care.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, the OP needs to come back on here and give a bit more info.

One thing I find curious is how we all approached our own order differently. I physically went to the dealership after placing the reservation to put a name to a face, both ways. Then I periodically stopped in when I was in the vicinity, about every 6-8 weeks. When I got a VIN#, I texted my dealer so they knew. Same for when I got a build date and a shipping date. After I got the shipping date, I called or texted once a week just to see if they had any new info.

I feel I was pretty low key about the whole thing while still maintaining a presence with the dealer. My uncle on the other hand placed a reservation and never talked to anyone. He asked me many months later when he needed to put his order in. Unless the dealer called him to come in, he hasn't done anything on his own other than placing the reservation, and he's a big Ford guy.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The dealer saw an opportunity to sell an FE (that did not even cost an allocation as they are tied to the FE's, so...literally zero cost, opportunity or otherwise, to the dealership to get it) and appears to have decided to sell it without notice to avoid any hassles from the person who trusted them to be ethical. That about right? Asking Ford to lecture their dealer customer on ethics (it's Ford we are talking about here, mind you) is not much of a plan.

Sad, but not surprised to hear of your loss.
And if this happened I'm very saddened for you, but I would get an attorney to see if there is any legal action available to you on this.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Were FE ever a "retail stock"? I can see how any Ford dealer could possible think that a random FE just showed up as dealer stock.

Sounds like the new management decided they wanted an FE and just took it.

At least that's how a jury should see it!
Only way to have one in stock, was to have an employee order it in their name or create a fake retail order. I'm sure this happened a few times too, very sadly!

Or if someone bailed on their order, but doubt this happened often on these.

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Contact Ford CS and get an attorney. Bottom line, your dealer fucked up. Nearly all Bronco are customer ordered vehicles they should have known and even checked. I'm sure there was something that let them know it was a special order.
very strange... like what did the dealership think... a first edition just happened to show up at their doorstep and it was theirs to sell... dafuq

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

very strange... like what did the dealership think... a first edition just happened to show up at their doorstep and it was theirs to sell... dafuq

Honestly, I don't know what to think given the information at hand. How long had the Bronco been sitting at the dealer before they sold it? Had they tried to contact the OP and were unable? When did he actually contact them and what emails from Ford did he receive on timelines for shipping and delivery date.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
A completely crazy thing happened posted by someone who has only posted once ever, and this is the post, and they never follow up. Are people making money with posts like that? It happens enough it makes you wonder.

Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What’s so tragic about this situation is that even if you had called everyday about the order status, this probably still would’ve happened.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It would be good if the OP re-joined the discussion. While it's his/her first post, the OP did join the forum in October 2020, so seems less likely to be a trolling.

All that aside, assuming the facts and docs stack up correctly, the FE is a limited and unique product, which might give an argument in support of specific performance under whatever contractual agreement can be argued. I recall a recent post by someone discussing there are dealer to dealer auctioning of the Broncos and I imagine there are some FE's in there. If the dealer is honestly saying we messed up due to a change in management, then the dealer might be persuaded to step up and buy one of the FEs in auction to mitigate the damages and make things right with its customer. Something you might discuss with them.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If OP doesn't provide additional details, I'd advocate for removing this thread. I understand that plenty of dealers have acted like scumbags, but with zero details from the op, this stinks of trolling in an attempt to pile on to actual sketchy dealer antics.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need some help/advise. I was a night one early reservation and chose a First Edition. I got the email from Ford about it being built. Given all the delays I figured it would take 4-6 weeks before it showed up to my dealer. I decided to call and check on it and found out they sold my Bronco. No notification it arrived or even trying to tack on an ADM. They just sold it. The dealership recently had a change in staff at the general manager level who was the one I did everything through and they blamed it on that
Hey dude, dm me your contact Info. I have some friends at ford wanting to rectify this.
Sponsored