Sponsored

Dealership Switch after 3/19 is it possible?

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you switch dealerships after 3/19 after reservation was converted but dealership failed to inform the person that they were charging 5K over MSRP?
Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just copied this from Ford's website:

"Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection through March 19, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp."

I guess officially as of now, no. I would try anyway, who knows?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you sign anything agreeing on a price? Were you provided a pricing summary sheet or DORA? Sounds like another shady dealer move. I'd be spending some quality time w/ Ford customer service.

OP
OP
shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you sign anything agreeing on a price? Were you provided a pricing summary sheet or DORA? Sounds like another shady dealer move. I'd be spending some quality time w/ Ford customer service.
It isn't my reservation but someone I know on Facebook.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like another shady dealer move.
If the customer never discussed pricing, the dealer is free to set whatever price they wish.

This is where the dealers will make a killing on the Bronco...an uninformed customer base.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It isn't my reservation but someone I know on Facebook.
If they didn't do their due diligence to agree on a price they may be shit out of luck. I'd still be calling Ford.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd be spending some quality time w/ Ford customer service.
Go back and review the terms and conditions of your reservation agreement. Ford takes no responsibility to set the price between the dealer and the reservation holder. That's a negotiation between those two parties. Even in several emails from Ford they advise reservation holders to discuss pricing with their dealers before they order their Bronco.

Ford customer service is not going to interject themselves here.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Go back and review the terms and conditions of your reservation agreement. Ford takes no responsibility to set the price between the dealer and the reservation holder. That's a negotiation between those two parties. Even in several emails from Ford they advise reservation holders to discuss pricing with their dealers before they order their Bronco.

Ford customer service is not going to interject themselves here.
[/Q

I agree the buyer needs to do their due diligence however in my mind this is still a shady dealer when Ford has inferred MSRP all along. To spring this on someone last minute is "technically" playing buy the rules but it's BS IMO. I'd still be making the call to Ford.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PWillette said “Ford has inferred MSRP all along.”

All manufacturers set MSRP. In the T&C’s of our reservations it clearly says that Dealers can set whatever price they wish. That’s why Ford gave us the right to switch dealers BEFORE we converted our reservations to orders.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pail Leyte said “Ford has inferred MSRP all along.”

All manufacturers set MSRP. In the T&C’s of our reservations it clearly says that Dealers can set whatever price they wish. That’s why Ford gave us the right to switch dealers BEFORE we converted our reservations to orders.
Even more than the T&C's, Ford cannot legally tell the dealers what price to sell the vehicles in most (all?) states, due to state dealer franchise laws.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my dealer converted my res to an order without talking to me. I was mad at how they were handling and asked Ford (800) 334-4375 they said they would take care of it. FF and they did nothing. Now they are telling me I have to have the dealer cancel the res and I need to get a new reservation. Ford (800) 334-4375 claims I can call them and they will edit the timestamp. I'm pretty frustrated with Ford at the moment. I just wanted my res pushed back to a my22 at a dealer I trusted and now it looks like this dealer is angling to use my res to get a bronco for the dealer to markup to someone else. Dealer was Franklin Ford trying to switch to Jannell Ford in MA.

Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PWillette said “Ford has inferred MSRP all along.”

FYI, dealerships are converting orders without the customers consent.

You also don't really know that the guy HADN'T talked pricing prior to ordering. My local scumbag dealership (Corwin Ford in Reno) wanted me to give them $500 without having a SINGLE thing in writing. No price agreement, no list of options, absolutely nothing. What's to stop them from saying the price is $5,000 higher after they put the order in? Or the day the vehicle is delivered to the dealership? Nothing.
Sponsored

Last edited: