Sponsored

Dealership telling me to set an order appointment next week?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Definitely switch dealers if the one you have your reservation through currently is telling you they're applying a markup.

Sales manager at my dealer told me that they're expecting ordering to open up sometime in September for the 2 and 4-door full size Broncos.
Time to consider switching dealers, how can your dealer start the ordering process in September when Ford will not start it until December?

Not that your dealer would be a lier....
Sponsored

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Time to consider switching dealers, how can your dealer start the ordering process in September when Ford will not start it until December?

Not that your dealer would be a lier....
Good question that he didn't really have an answer for. He said once the package / option pricing is live in August they'll be able to start taking orders in September. Maybe they don't get submitted / placed with Ford until December?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good question that he didn't really have an answer for. He said once the package / option pricing is live in August they'll be able to start taking orders in September. Maybe they don't get submitted / placed with Ford until December?
The simply want to drain a $1,000 deposit out of your pocket, thereby eliminating you having the simple ability to get a refund and moving your reservations to an honest dealer.

tripjammer

Wildtrak
First Name
tripjammer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Switch dealers bro! There are some good ones out there!

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Ford dealer that was closer than the one I chose but I went with another one based on their reputation. I guess that's why they are on the ADM list and they called me right back.
Is there any way to change your dealer pick after the fact?
Originally heard that changing your dealer would not be a problem, but later heard it now will be. As in if you don't use the original dealer you reserved with that you'll lose your spot in line. Hoping that is not true.

I did finally hear from my dealer I reserved with and they're saying no ADM over MSRP for them, but that they don't yet know anything about plan pricing being honored on the Bronco.

Also claiming that if it is honored I'd still have to pay their ridiculous doc fee, which I'm about 99 percent sure is BS, so I'm likely going to have to try to change dealers too.

Sponsored

Dasefex

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mitsubishi Mirage
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,
I’d be a little suspect if a dealer told me that. I researched before picking a dealer. Ended up picking one about 240 miles away. They called me the day after I made a reservation, and gave me the usual congratulations. Then they said that they will be following up with me every month until I could place my order. I asked if I didn’t want to go with the big bend, but the base instead would not be a issue. A lot of questions though they did not know. Which is understandable they don’t want to say the wrong thing. I imagine this how most dealerships are handling it.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Originally heard that changing your dealer would not be a problem, but later heard it now will be. As in if you don't use the original dealer you reserved with that you'll lose your spot in line. Hoping that is not true.

I did finally hear from my dealer I reserved with and they're saying no ADM over MSRP for them, but that they don't yet know anything about plan pricing being honored on the Bronco.

Also claiming that if it is honored I'd still have to pay their ridiculous doc fee, which I'm about 99 percent sure is BS, so I'm likely going to have to try to change dealers too.
You will be able to select a different dealer when ordering without losing your place in line

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be able to select a different dealer when ordering without losing your place in line
Awesome, and I thought that was the case. I'd love to stick with them because they are right by my house, but only if they properly honor the x-plan pricing (if available). Just seems like they're already being shady...

Not opposed to flying to Iowa and driving back to Charlotte if it makes the most sense. Just sayin'... ;)

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The simply want to drain a $1,000 deposit out of your pocket, thereby eliminating you having the simple ability to get a refund and moving your reservations to an honest dealer.
Yeah, I have a sinking feeling that you're correct. I'll have to call around to the other Ford dealerships in my area to see who else is opening ordering up "early" and who is actually starting ordering in December per Ford's statement. I haven't done business with the Ford dealer I was assigned when my reservation was made (or any Ford dealership, for that matter!). As far as I could tell, they were the only dealer option available to me when I was making the reservation... Here's to hoping I can find one locally with a mentality like Granger! If the $100 reservation fee can suffice as the order deposit (I think that's what Granger is doing), then I'm all in. It'd pain me to have to drop $1-2k in December only to have to wait 18+ months to take delivery.

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Again Chuck Anderson’s Ford is selling them well below msrp.
@Richtor be honest.... are you, in fact, Chuck Anderson of Chuck Anderson Ford?
just kidding. Glad to see someone that passionate about their dealer. Shows loyalty.

Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the world gets official and solid confirmation from Ford that reservations are, in fact, mobile, I expect that most dealer behavior is going to change.

Why would almost any dealer NOT want to match the best price or at the very least sell at MSRP. Its not coming out of their 'allocation', so it costs them nothing but a little staff time.

Plus the dealer gets the benefit of a Bronco coming in early for other customers to see, etc.

When that 'mobile reservation' notice shows up, I am pretty sure I could get almost any local dealer to give me MSRP or a little better, but I am rewarding Granger with not playing games, providing us good information, and hitting $1K below invoice while the hype was still super high.

OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To update: They mistook my reservation for a Bronco Sport reservation. Um cool. But then they said Bronco orders will be available in a couple weeks... ugh... I hope switching dealers at time of ordering will be hassle free.

Vic2020

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
I got a call today, the dealers asked for a 3K Refundable deposit to put me on spot #10, he said they’ll take my order next month. What do you guys think?

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got a call today, the dealers asked for a 3K Refundable deposit to put me on spot #10, he said they’ll take my order next month. What do you guys think?
I would not and you do not have to at all. Your reservation number and order date will put your place in there line. They are either misinformed at the least and I. The other end of the spectrum they are deceiving you. I'm a glass half full in admit, but it's disappointing if it's purposeful. Nobody, Has to or should give your dealer any more than the 100$ required to reserve
Sponsored