Sponsored

Dealership telling me to set an order appointment next week?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a call today, the dealers asked for a 3K Refundable deposit to put me on spot #10, he said they’ll take my order next month. What do you guys think?
Don’t do that. Read some of the threads about ordering and you’ll know more than your dealer.
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm getting my Bronco from the dealer I work at,will let people know when more info on plan pricing is available in Canada.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Someone is getting screwed and it is not me.

Sponsored

Vic2020

Big Bend
First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm getting my Bronco from the dealer I work at,will let people know when more info on plan pricing is available in Canada.
That would be great, I wish I could find a dealer I can trust in Calgary

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good ones are out there and time will kill the scumbags off...

When I first entered the car business late 80's I was appalled by some of the thing I heard the older car guys say to people...

Promised myself that I would not do or say that kind of things to another human being...

Had to move a little later to my current dealership, it was wearing me out listening to it...
With the power of the internet, it's a lot harder for them to get away with the crap they did in past.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's be honest, they're trying to rip him off. @Dick_Castlesmurff go somewhere else don't waste your time with those clowns.
They'll ask for a non refundable deposit and when it comes time to take delivery, no plan pricing and will charge ADM. Customer will be stuck between losing the deposit or pay their price. That call was a warning.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good question that he didn't really have an answer for. He said once the package / option pricing is live in August they'll be able to start taking orders in September. Maybe they don't get submitted / placed with Ford until December?
They may be able to TAKE orders but won't be able to place them. They'll just be stacking up on someones desk, presumably with a deposit check.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Originally heard that changing your dealer would not be a problem, but later heard it now will be. As in if you don't use the original dealer you reserved with that you'll lose your spot in line. Hoping that is not true.

I did finally hear from my dealer I reserved with and they're saying no ADM over MSRP for them, but that they don't yet know anything about plan pricing being honored on the Bronco.

Also claiming that if it is honored I'd still have to pay their ridiculous doc fee, which I'm about 99 percent sure is BS, so I'm likely going to have to try to change dealers too.
On X plan, doc fee is maximum of $100 stated in the rules of the plan.

Sponsored

bfabpt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On X plan, doc fee is maximum of $100 stated in the rules of the plan.
requested x-plan pin recently 7/24/20, and this is included in the certificate/instructions

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.32.25 PM.png

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
requested x-plan pin recently 7/24/20, and this is included in the certificate/instructions

Ford Bronco Dealership telling me to set an order appointment next week? Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 11.32.25 PM
This also

Document Fees

• Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
  • Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just got off the phone with my dealership, they said I need to come in next week to order and that they only had 37 appointments available. I thought actual orders were taking place in December. But when I asked about that the sales managers said, "Nope, Ford has bumped that up."

I also asked about dealer markups and X-plan, but they dismissed those questions and said the sales rep will go over pricing when I come in.

For clarity I reserved a 2 Door Badlands, not a Sport. And this is Sheehy Ford in Maryland.
Awesome, tell them you will want a trade in value for your 2020 Bronco while you are there......

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I don't see the point of customer placing order with dealer if dealer isn't going to submit order to Ford soon after.
Those dealers are trying to get people in to their dealership and lock them into an order with a deposit. They will tell you whatever you want to hear to get you to put some money down. I live in Michigan but haven’t bought a car in Michigan in years. I love the dealers that understand the new business plan and dealing online with educated customers. It really illuminates a lot of the bull.

Bimmerxi

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, BMW R1200GSA
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thing is they made it clear they only had 37 appointments available and that they "were filling up fast." That's where I was like, look I have a reservation and I'm going to have to call around because what you're telling me doesn't sound right.
This 37 statement tells me your dealership might be a little bit shady. They’re trying to get you to rush and telling me they’re only willing to sell 37 Broncos and then they won’t sell anymore to anyone else? Total bull.
Sponsored