Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Change dealers or pay it?
this topic keeps coming up in the forum... it makes sense why a dealer would want to do this, there’s a penalty if the bronco isn’t purchased by the reservation holder, not to mention the waste of time and energy ordering Broncos to spec for tire kickers when they have a line of people behind you who would be happy to take your place. But it’s also a free country, there are lots of dealers out there who are not charging deposits and you’re welcome to move your business to one of them, because you probably have valid reasons why you don’t want to pay a deposit. Just, do whatever you wanna do? ?‍♀

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep. I’m with everyone else. Change dealers. There should never be a situation where it’s non refundable. I’ve never heard of a dealer doing that. You can’t 100% guarantee you can get it 6-8 months. Anything could happen. They aren’t going to be hurting if you decide not to get it. They’ll add 15k and someone will buy it

Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any advice?
personally, I would not do it. Call around and look for a dealership that's not asking for a $2500 non-refundable deposit. It's a free loan to the dealership for which you will get nothing in return.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you don’t want to do the leg work on finding a new dealer and you are in agreement on price negotiate for a refundable deposit. Assuming you’re certain you will purchase.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As has been stated several times - change dealers or take your chances. Personally, the moment I heard the words 'non-refundable deposit' I would be looking elsewhere. My small town Vermont guys told me months ago that they would not need an additional deposit - these things are going to be in such high demand that they will have zero problem selling any units that reservation holders do not follow through on, with more than enough upcharge to cover any additional fees incurred.

Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on your situation. If you know you’re 100% getting a Bronco no matter what happens over the next year and their pricing is otherwise good, go for it. Otherwise I’d bail to another dealer not requiring a deposit.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Laugh and switch.

Unless you're 100% positive you're buying it AND are getting a great deal (x below invoice or financing that can't be beat) there's no reason to stick with them.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like others said, you can change dealers. However, if the dealer is local and you like the price, get the deal in writing. Get the price in writing so you have it incase they try and change it later on. A $2k deposit is quite a bit of money to some for sure but that just means you will be putting down less when the time comes to actually pick the vehicle up.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Some of these stealerships act as if they are selling crack to a junkie. Change dealers.
Sponsored