Sponsored

Dealership waiting until next week (10/18-10/22) to to place/convert our 2021 orders to 2022!

Ckrrm3

Big Bend
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 3.5 Ecoboost, Fusion 1.6 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealership finally returned my email questioning the next step to get my 2021 order converted/placed for the 2022 model year. He advised they are waiting until next week to gather information from customers so they can put that information together and place the orders for 2022. That should have already happened and orders placed tomorrow. Just logical. He claims the reservation timestamp is still in effect and will be honored, so waiting until next week will not make a difference. We know how that has worked out for us so far. Unless I am wrong, now I will be behind thousands and thousands of other orders and builds. And he still won't tell me how many orders they have. How many they have filled, or where I possibly fall in their process. Am I wrong in thinking waiting until next week will delay things further? Kinda wishing I wouldn't have sold the wife's 4Runner back in June now....Just so frustrated.......
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealership finally returned my email questioning the next step to get my 2021 order converted/placed for the 2022 model year. He advised they are waiting until next week to gather information from customers so they can put that information together and place the orders for 2022. That should have already happened and orders placed tomorrow. Just logical. He claims the reservation timestamp is still in effect and will be honored, so waiting until next week will not make a difference. We know how that has worked out for us so far. Unless I am wrong, now I will be behind thousands and thousands of other orders and builds. And he still won't tell me how many orders they have. How many they have filled, or where I possibly fall in their process. Am I wrong in thinking waiting until next week will delay things further? Kinda wishing I wouldn't have sold the wife's 4Runner back in June now....Just so frustrated.......
When you order hasn't ever mattered as long as it was before 3/19 for MY21
So don't worry.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds kind of shady. Especially if 2022 scheduling is starting next week. Waiting till next week means they may miss the first batch.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Relax. Youā€™re fine. Your time stamp remains. You are fine!!!

Whether you order tomorrow or on the 25th matters not one bit. All you need to do is ensure you have a clean order in the system prior to October 28. This is when Ford will start pulling orders for scheduling. In fact, you can wait until after then. It will only mean you will miss the first round of being in line to get pulled. Your time stamp will still remain.

Again, this has been clearly communicated from Ford. You are fine.

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Relax. Youā€™re fine. Your time stamp remains. You are fine!!!

Whether you order tomorrow or on the 25th matters not one bit. All you need to do is ensure you have a clean order in the system prior to October 28. This is when Ford will start pulling orders for scheduling. In fact, you can wait until after then. It will only mean you will miss the first round of being in line to get pulled. Your time stamp will still remain.

Again, this has been clearly communicated from Ford. You are fine.
Here's the Ford email. As FF911 said, just have a valid order in before 10/28 when scheduling begins.
Ford Bronco Dealership waiting until next week (10/18-10/22) to to place/convert our 2021 orders to 2022! 1634091862259

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what's happening is the dealership's know there going to be bombarded with orders and taking only orders with the earliest time stamps first, you might be down the list some. Just my thoughts.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The time between the 13th and the 28th is only for putting your names in the hat. The sorting happens after the 28th.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is consistent with what my dealer advised and Ford has said. If you have a MY2021 order your place in line is the same and we have a month or more to place transfer to a my2022 order.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what's happening is the dealership's know there going to be bombarded with orders and taking only orders with the earliest time stamps first, you might be down the list some. Just my thoughts.
Absolutely false. Good grief, your original time stamp determines that, not an order date. Itā€™s like ground hog day around here from the original order period!!!

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just think itā€™s odd heā€™s not more forthcoming about where you sit in line within their orders. I ordered from a mid size to small dealer and I knew from the get go that they had around 45 orders and I found out I was 25/45.. anytime Iā€™ve asked where they were in getting orders placed just to see how many were in front of me still, he was always gracious enough to give me an idea of where I was in the processā€¦ it was more of a conversation but Iā€™ve always felt respected and like he wasnā€™t showing me all of his cards but it was definitely more of a hand of go fish rather than poker šŸ˜‚ sucks but maybe itā€™s time to switch dealers?

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're okay, it won't delay your Bronco.

Actually not a terrible idea by the dealer since Ford hasn't already answered some fairly major dealer questions about the process. Can't blame them for wanting to take a wait and see approach this first week.

More cynically, they could be waiting around to see what kind of ADM other dealerships are tacking on during the reorder.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's fine man. Dealers don't want to sort through 11ty orders this week while they're still learning the order guide and wdbo platform updates. If I was a dealer I'd want to spend this first week playing with different configs and finding all the conflicting items and problems before having retail orders converted. It won't make a difference as long as your order is in by the time scheduling starts

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If I were 2022, I would put my order1st day and if you are in a hurry, remove constraints.

8DaysDazed

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just think itā€™s odd heā€™s not more forthcoming about where you sit in line within their orders. I ordered from a mid size to small dealer and I knew from the get go that they had around 45 orders and I found out I was 25/45.. anytime Iā€™ve asked where they were in getting orders placed just to see how many were in front of me still, he was always gracious enough to give me an idea of where I was in the processā€¦ it was more of a conversation but Iā€™ve always felt respected and like he wasnā€™t showing me all of his cards but it was definitely more of a hand of go fish rather than poker šŸ˜‚ sucks but maybe itā€™s time to switch dealers?
The difference is order vs reservation. Soon after the OP places his order the dealer should be able to tell him where he is at in line. At least that's what my dealer told me and she's been great with communication.