Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not an attempt to bash BBB, but I have had dealings with them on several occasions-unfortunately. I think your understanding of the goal of the BB is mistaken, their only goal is to make money (like any business). While they claim to be a consumer advocacy group, in my experience they are clearly on the side of the businesses that pay them.

My experiences with the BBB and solving any consumer issue have led me to believe they are completely useless! In one case the business I was having problem with was able to pay the BBB to have the negative outcome of the case removed from their history. In another, the BBB would not even look into the situation unless I agreed to binding arbitration first.

If people do have problem with their dealer, they may be better served to go thru State Attorney General Offices, or other Government Regulators (I can't believe I'm even saying this), but the government or private attorney may be your best hope for resolution.

CNN Money article on BBB

100% agree with this, based on direct experience.
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes and that's a shame that happened to you but opening up the floodgates to the entire forum to 'display and shame' a dealership is just going to make this community look vengeful, and probably drag some innocent business owners into it.

I like the thought process, but the execution is not something I'm comfortable with. Best of luck getting your dealer scenario solved fellow forum member.
Awful lot of pearl clutching going on here on behalf of the poor beleaguered dealers that have earned a spot here.

@jacobim hasn't said he'll automatically add anybody he's just asking for input.

How about we give him 5 minutes to figure some things out like classifying the dealer based on their alleged actions:

- stole reservation
- changed terms of deal
- forced unwanted crap

Notice there's no "charged ADM" or "wouldn't budge from MSRP"

And for those mentioning the "flyer" with @DealerInsider, it was self-corrected by the forum in 30 minutes.

And ultimately there's nothing preventing the dealership from coming on the forum and defending themself.

Thanks @jacobim for taking this on.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see several dealers listed as "Best Offer Was MSRP". How is that dirty or taking advantage of a customer if disclosed up front? Don't like it, just move the reservation. It was stupid in the first place to reserve somewhere you had no idea on how your Bronco was going to be priced.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see several dealers listed as "Best Offer Was MSRP". How is that dirty or taking advantage of a customer if disclosed up front? Don't like it, just move the reservation. It was stupid in the first place to reserve somewhere you had no idea on how your Bronco was going to be priced.
Stupid?.........On 7/13 and early on, guessing not many even knew that information and few dealers were posting it

BenB007

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Although I don't qualify "asking MSRP" or more as shady, I like the idea of holding a dealer's feet to the fire through social media. Why should dealers be immune to criticism any more than anyone else? Maybe it's an unfortunate reality we all live with. But, it's the reality nonetheless and If dealers think they can pull the same shady crap they used to pull 10 years ago, they better get ready to get called to the floor.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is Falls Church not on the naughty list.
You probably could have added all of the Koons Ford locations, but yeah - Falls Church is bad regardless of what you are trying to buy. Visited once for the wife to check something out and I will never return. it just reminded me why it's so worth driving 7-ish hours back to my hometown to buy from the dealership I've used my entire life.

OP
OP
jacobim

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhhhh how about no usernames...if not remove my submissions lol.
Sounds like you're happy with your dealer, feel free to add them to the list.
If agreed upon up front, paying MSRP or even MSRP+ isn't an issue. Many on this forum had issues with dealerships saying one thing and then when it came time to convert, the deal changed drastically.
Regarding reservations and not knowing the price or offer... I'm not sure anyone on the forum knew what the offer was going to be when they placed the reservation.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Updated Bob Utter Ford for being an Upstanding Dealer. Not sure why Bill Utter Ford is getting whacked because they didn't budge from MSRP. That seems petty.
Sponsored