Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in my 60's and bought my fair share of new vehicles. It has been my experience that after you take delivery the salesman drops you like a used condom.
They usually don't stay around. We had one salesman at a Ford dealership named "T-Rex." We met him again a few years later at the Chevy dealer when my son was test driving a used car. :LOL:
Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Granger probably added 684 reservations at 12:01am on October 1. ??

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone needs to go flag the post for false news just to mess with him
Maybe not false news, but perhaps some sour grapes. I agree with him when he said find a deal somewhere in the middle. I've bought from the same dealer 11 times and they've proved to me why that's important. I may pay $1k more for a Bronco, but I only need to go 7 miles. I don't have to worry about shipping or flying somewhere and drive 2 days home. That balances the cost for me. Some have placed certain dealers above God when to be fair, they've only managed to draw large numbers of reservations. None have delivered a single Bronco yet, so I think it's not the time to judge any of them. Time will tell if they deserve that praise.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is obvious this guy is an enthusiast just like we are, as well as someone who works at a dealership. I am in no way offended by anything he said. They have a ton of orders - so maybe he overstated how many in relation to others. Big deal. The point was just be cautious if price is your only motivating factor. The dealer he works at has tons of the awards that Ford gives out and they have a great reputation locally. They even have a "Fords Garage" restaurant at the location.
You get what you pay for most of the time. If you only care about bottom dollar pricing, go to that dealer.
I liked his roofing comparison since I worked for a roofing contractor in the early 70's. The same shingles don't always result in the same quality job. The installer makes the difference.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe not false news, but perhaps some sour grapes. I agree with him when he said find a deal somewhere in the middle. I've bought from the same dealer 11 times and they've proved to me why that's important. I may pay $1k more for a Bronco, but I only need to go 7 miles. I don't have to worry about shipping or flying somewhere and drive 2 days home. That balances the cost for me. Some have placed certain dealers above God when to be fair, they've only managed to draw large numbers of reservations. None have delivered a single Bronco yet, so I think it's not the time to judge any of them. Time will tell if they deserve that praise.
All great points. I was mostly kidding and don't consider everything false (though I think their dealership as having the most reservations is a bit of a stretch).

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone talked to a Ford dealer since July 13th that has actually had MORE information than you yet? Because I haven't even come close to it, I feel like I'M the one holding a Ford training seminar when I'm on the phone with them!
Had a "breakthrough" today with a local dealer. Just went to check out the Ranger cabin and cloth seats, he did ask if I was interested in leather. We had a quick chat before he gave me the keys, just handed me the keys and told me where they were on the lot (NOT NORMAL in this area). He even went so far as to choose one that had the Ranger version of "washout flooring". Those are "wins" by a dealer in my book. The kicker was that he mentioned that the "training/sample" Sports that were scheduled were even cancelled. His optimism, possible realism though, is that he expects B&P sometime in Dec with maybe dealer switching moved to Jan.

We will see. However, there MAY be some hope for moderate honesty by dealers in the Northeast.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Granger October special is $2K off of INVOICE, not MSRP
The problem with that is the need to wait at least a year and a half. By then, that deal will likely be available locally. May be I'm reading a bit too deep, but I've noticed that many that say they signed onto that deal have very low post counts. That suggests to me that they aren't that committed to a Bronco and will drop out long before that time.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
You get what you pay for most of the time. If you only care about bottom dollar pricing, go to that dealer.
I liked his roofing comparison since I worked for a roofing contractor in the early 70's. The same shingles don't always result in the same quality job. The installer makes the difference.
While I wholeheartedly agree with you on this in principle, a car is just a car. Once you have a tried and true (Proven) dealer or salesperson, I Somewhat agree. I had some really great customers I could just talk like friends with and I'd bend over backwards to help them. It made future car deals with them easier as well. However, buying from another dealer if it actually saves you thousands is the route I will continue to go. It isn't like I'd be receiving a different quality of vehicle.

@Granger probably added 684 reservations at 12:01am on October 1. ??
I was one of them!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They usually don't stay around. We had one salesman at a Ford dealership named "T-Rex." We met him again a few years later at the Chevy dealer when my son was test driving a used car. :LOL:
Yea, probably not worth getting too wrapped around the axle with what an employee or sales person might say at any business. I understand they are a reflection of the establishment, but most of the time don't speak for the business, per se.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, if I pay less for my Bronco, the employees at Ford know this, and therefore, will do a worse job building my Bronco because I get what I pay for? :LOL: If you pay over MSRP or under invoice, guess what? There is no difference in vehicle quality.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, if I pay less for my Bronco, the employees at Ford know this, and therefore, will do a worse job building my Bronco because I get what I pay for? :LOL: If you pay over MSRP or under invoice, guess what? There is no difference in vehicle quality.
I think you may have missed the whole point. Sadly, your Bronco won't stay new and trouble free forever. Most of us want a dealer we can count on to take care of us when the need arises with a minimum of fuss, give a loaner vehicle free of charge and not tell you "we can try to squeeze you in in 2 weeks" because they don't know you from Adam. Those are the kind of things a trustworthy dealer will give you. That's my experience anyway, actually 11 of them at the same dealer.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, a lot of these guys are trying desperately to keep to the old sales tactics. You see guys on FB talking about how those dealerships are lying. How you should buy local. Just like the guy in the video, they either don't know how the dealer makes money on holdbacks and other incentives or is just lying. There are 4 dealerships to choose for service in my area. The service department doesn't care where I purchased the vehicle.

About the only perk that's worth anything is some dealerships will give you a car while you are getting serviced if you buy from them. But around here, that's going to be a German dealership.

With a lot of these dealerships having a dedicated person, I think they will know a lot more than usual on the vehicle. But, everyone on here is going to know a lot more than most sales people. We are going to know down to the bumper/winch/light setup/wheels/tires we want exactly.
Sponsored