Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Really?

I asked my original assigned dealer a question by email. No response was ever provided.

Switched to Stephens and they immediately got in contact.

So there's a customer service anecdote.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ine
Here's the thing, you're just as likely to come across a dealership that charges more and still has shitty customer service or tries to rip you off on maintenance when you send your wife to take the car in. I'll take the transactional relationship with a 7 hour drive and read the manual or get online to learn how to adjust the seats or program buttons, its just not that hard. Besides, you are talking to enthusiasts here, we are reading the manual and on the forums anyway! Then I'll get recommendations locally on where to have service done, and honestly, recommendations on dealerships that people love in my local area are hard to find and we have a lot of them.
Indeed. I'm that guy that downloads the manual off the interwebs and digests it before delivery.

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ine

Indeed. I'm that guy that downloads the manual off the interwebs and digests it before delivery.
Yeah, sometimes it's rather funny. I traded my (2015)Suburban for a (2018)Denali and the sales guy was training someone. He goes on about how much nicer the interior is in the Denali over my other vehicle. Me - Not really, besides color, there's no difference. Him - Well, this one has the wireless phone charger on the center console. Me - That was a late 2015 addition and mine had it. :ROFLMAO: Heck, I didn't realize it. But, they had removed the Pause/Play radio in the newer models. So, it actually had fewer features.

My buddy bought a C7 and that was the only sales person I've seen that would actually call him on his birthday of buying his car from the guy. He bought the C8 from the same guy.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just hope people who are switching to these below invoice dealers in droves dont end up screwed or having to wait 1+ years for their Broncos.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hope people who are switching to these below invoice dealers in droves dont end up screwed or having to wait 1+ years for their Broncos.
buying a mansquatch. fully expect to wait a year+ due to late availability.
if filson green happens, that will probably push it even further back.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm 100% getting a Bronco. I still haven't reserved. I will make my reservation with Albert. I'm hoping that I'm in the very back of the line so my order is place in the Unscheduled Order Bank and stays there after the MY2022 changes are announced. At which point, I can still make changes to my order availing myself of the new options. White Top? New colors? Perhaps actual rear A/C vents in the console and not blowing on rear passenger's toes.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that's what you're agreeing to when you sign up for that. By the time you receive your Bronco, my feeling is that deal will be easily found which will actually end up costing more due to shipping or driving back a long distance, not to mention you could be enjoying a Bronco that much sooner. Waiting around for the next best thing is endless. Something will change every year, being it a couple of paint colors, different model, different engine.

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having to wait works out very well for me. Isn’t it grand that we have so many choices and free will?

I’ll be perfectly happy driving my Tundra for another 18 months. I’ll be giving up some creature comforts in exchange for the Bronco anyway.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the "hope" sent, but I wouldn't worry too much. They'll be more than fine.

Sponsored

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This sales guy says his dealership has the most reservations. He says we may have a poor experience with dealerships offering below invoice deals. Hopefully he joins this forum.
I'm pretty sure if I asked the Bronco guy at my local dealership 'where some trails were' he would think I was joking

FTFRS

I'm happy with the "deal" I'll be getting through my new dealer. I didn't go for any of the bigger deals like Granger is offering, but my new dealer is being very straightforward with MSRP or X-plan if eligible, no markups or add-ons. Compared to my first dealer that hinted at unknown ADMs and no X-plan, I'll be saving at least a couple grand just by driving 30 minutes further than my first dealer. No, it's not the best deal I've seen on here, obviously, but it's a good balance of being a "deal" I know they can stick to, while also still being a very reasonable distance from me. Trying to save much more on the Bronco up front would end up being an overall wash mostly, when factoring in travel time and potential for needing a night or two in a hotel and meals etc. with the Mrs.

I'm also a later reservation, but I'm okay with that, it'll just allow me to save more for a bigger down payment. I still don't believe there will be a 75% reservation to order conversion rate, but if that does happen I won't care, especially if they release some cooler stuff as late availability that won't make a difference for me to choose.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Forget the WHY of what he's saying, thats irrelevant to us, and focus on his actual point.

I totally get his point. At the end of the day, you are probably talking about hundreds of dollars, maybe $1000-$1500, and for that you get the headaches involved in shipping and/or travel?Definitely not worth it to me.

Local dealer wants to charge MSRP? Fine, Im confident I can negotiate some perks for that.

I haven't done ANY price shopping among dealers. I reserved at my local dealer because I want my money to stay in-state, and as local as possible. No way in the world I would buy from an out-of-state dealer.

Two other big reasons:

1) Simple convenience of buying local. Any problems can be dealt with face-to-face, and promptly. You can be in their face everyday if need be. The day the dealer receives your Bronco, you can be there to see it in person and reject it if you want, or even negotiate again, if something is wrong.

2)Having it serviced at same dealer you bought it from. You will absolutely get treated better by the service department if you bought it from that location.

Some people are simply buying the satisfaction of knowing they paid a lower price than what their local dealer would offer, even though, ultimately, the time and money they spent on that, combined with the future satisfaction they are giving up, costs them just as much, if not more.

Its just irrational, and in my opinion, borderline insane, actually.

But, different strokes for different folks I guess.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forget the WHY of what he's saying, thats irrelevant to us, and focus on his actual point.

I totally get his point. At the end of the day, you are probably talking about hundreds of dollars, maybe $1000-$1500, and for that you get the headaches involved in shipping and/or travel?Definitely not worth it to me.

Local dealer wants to charge MSRP? Fine, Im confident I can negotiate some perks for that.

I haven't done ANY price shopping among dealers. I reserved at my local dealer because I want my money to stay in-state, and as local as possible. No way in the world I would buy from an out-of-state dealer.

Two other big reasons:

1) Simple convenience of buying local. Any problems can be dealt with face-to-face, and promptly. You can be in their face everyday if need be. The day the dealer receives your Bronco, you can be there to see it in person and reject it if you want, or even negotiate again, if something is wrong.

2)Having it serviced at same dealer you bought it from. You will absolutely get treated better by the service department if you bought it from that location.

Some people are simply buying the satisfaction of knowing they paid a lower price than what their local dealer would offer, even though, ultimately, the time and money they spent on that, combined with the future satisfaction they are giving up, costs them just as much, if not more.

Its just irrational, and in my opinion, borderline insane, actually.

But, different strokes for different folks I guess.
While I don't agree with some of this, I especially respect what you said in your last sentence. Everyone is entitled to make their decisions based on what's most important to them, and we need to respect each other when we outline our reasons. They can be very personal and specific.

That said, there's no way I think your second point is universally true. I have lived in multiple major metro markets and in each case, I searched high and low for the best service department based on finding a trustworthy service rep who had complete faith in his techs. I bailed out of the selling dealer's service department when it was clear they didn't have a reliable, honest shop. It was worth every second of my time and cent from my wallet to make the effort to eventually lock in the right shop. True peace of mind can't be valued when you are trying to make your everyday driver as dependable as possible.

Again, just my opinion. YMMV.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I don't agree with some of this, I especially respect what you said in your last sentence. Everyone is entitled to make their decisions based on what's most important to them, and we need to respect each other when we outline our reasons. They can be very personal and specific.

That said, there's no way I think your second point is universally true. I have lived in multiple major metro markets and in each case, I searched high and low for the best service department based on finding a trustworthy service rep who had complete faith in his techs. I bailed out of the selling dealer's service department when it was clear they didn't have a reliable, honest shop. It was worth every second of my time and cent from my wallet to make the effort to eventually lock in the right shop. True peace of mind can't be valued when you are trying to make your everyday driver as dependable as possible.

Again, just my opinion. YMMV.
But it IS universally true that the selling dealer's service department is going to treat you better than if you had NOT bought it there.

And, for convenience sake, you would want to get it serviced at your local dealership. You dont want to drive hundreds of miles (or more) to where you bought it from, everytime you need an oil change for the first 36k.

There are easy ways to prevent yourself from being ripped of at a dealer's service department anyway. Just have them do what the maintenance book says, and nothing else. Just dont let them upsell you on anything. Just say "No" everytime. Then, when it runs out of warranty, find an independent shop. Thats good practice regardless considering the lower labor rate.

But what it sounds like you are actually saying is that a dealer's service department should be a factor in deciding where you buy from, and that supports my main overall point which is that, bottom dollar price for the vehicle shouldnt be the only criteria.
Sponsored