First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well sure! You are 2 hours from Granger! Makes sense! But price shopping dealers all over the country several hundreds or thousands of miles away for a car that can be had anywhere? That, probably more often than not, does NOT make sense.
Unless they get a good price on shipping.
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless they get a good price on shipping.
For example, @Granger Ford shipping a Bronco via truck hauler from Iowa to Denver for $450. Lots of Coloradoans are going to take advantage of that and X-Plan and still get $800 or more off their Bronco.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is why I agree 100% with this. My salesman has been there 18 years and knows I'll be buying again, so anything within his power, he'll take care of it.
So the value with going with a local dealership is....their word that they will treat you well in the service department if you run into a tricky warranty situation? Pretty hard for me to count on this goodwill (I have been to Missouri).

With your specific use case, I do think there is value in building a relationship with the dealership. If I had a single dealership where I knew the salesman I worked with was going to be there 18 years and I continually bought from that dealership\salesman\manufacturer. If I also had the frequency of car purchases at that specific dealership, then yes, I see a lot of value in this point. They wouldn't want to lose FUTURE sales. However, your use case is the exception and not the rule. For the average person who buys a small amount of different manufacturer cars over the course of decades, this point is moot. There is no leverage for the customer.

I still don't see a single good reason for me to buy a Bronco from any specific dealership outside of price, transparency and communication. IMO, there are a lot of dealerships out there that can't seem to deliver on those attributes much less some unwritten word that they will do me a solid if I ever ran into a problem in their service department.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, I think of local vs my 4-5 hr drive/trip to Granger along these lines. IF, and that's a big if right now, my local guy says MSRP or honors my X plan eligibility, then I get a Bronco for invoice or slightly above invoice on the low end. When I go to Granger, I have around $2000+ in savings from the local guy and I get to take a roadtrip with my bride of 12 years and make a memory I wouldn't have gotten buying local.

Yeah, time is money, but life is about memories too. Which way can I make memories at the same time I've waited 30 years to buy a brand new Bronco? My answer was the 4-5 hour roadtrip to Granger, but someone could easily answer that the other way too. And... that person would be correct for making their decision for their reasons.

Each decision is an isolated decision and not something I can advise others what to do.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I think of local vs my 4-5 hr drive/trip to Granger along these lines. IF, and that's a big if right now, my local guy says MSRP or honors my X plan eligibility, then I get a Bronco for invoice or slightly above invoice on the low end. When I go to Granger, I have around $2000+ in savings from the local guy and I get to take a roadtrip with my bride of 12 years and make a memory I wouldn't have gotten buying local.

Yeah, time is money, but life is about memories too. Which way can I make memories at the same time I've waited 30 years to buy a brand new Bronco? My answer was the 4-5 hour roadtrip to Granger, but someone could easily answer that the other way too. And... that person would be correct for making their decision for their reasons.

Each decision is an isolated decision and not something I can advise others what to do.
It sounds like the deal you're talking about is the one that's 1 1/2 plus years in the future. My belief is by that time, you could go to a local dealer and get that much off. The hysteria will be over by then and the deal that looks appealing now will be far from the best deal then. A lot of things can happen that length of time. As an example, suppose there was a big recall on Broncos for some major issue. What do you think will happen to value? You may recall when the Focus RS came out the same hysteria happened. It didn't take long for problems and things went from $5-7k ADM to incentives and dealers still had trouble selling them. In the end everyone will do what they believe works for them, regardless of how long people argue their point.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It sounds like the deal you're talking about is the one that's 1 1/2 plus years in the future. My belief is by that time, you could go to a local dealer and get that much off. The hysteria will be over by then and the deal that looks appealing now will be far from the best deal then. A lot of things can happen that length of time. As an example, suppose there was a big recall on Broncos for some major issue. What do you think will happen to value? You may recall when the Focus RS came out the same hysteria happened. It didn't take long for problems and things went from $5-7k ADM to incentives and dealers still had trouble selling them. In the end everyone will do what they believe works for them, regardless of how long people argue their point.
You might be right if I keep the Oct 1st reservation, but I don't have a local guy committed to anything except MSRP either. Even that isn't set in stone right now. I also have 2 reservations with Granger. 1 from July and 1 from Oct 1st. I'm weighing my options at the moment, but a roadtrip either way sounds like a blast.

edit: I also haven't made any dealership changes, so if something happens I'm free to move too. Which if the most recent post about extending the move date, then it looks like I'll have plenty of time to see what the local dealerships do. I'm not holding my breath on the local Chicago big boys doing much for little 'ol me. They never have. They have enough lemmings walking through the door up here believing everything they tell them.

Hell, another edit: Also, if your scenario plays out, I don't have to take delivery either. In either reservation scenario, I won't be one of the first wave of Broncos delivered. I'm late July reservation with the first one, so either way I'll be watching what happens.

Last edited:

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For example, @Granger Ford shipping a Bronco via truck hauler from Iowa to Denver for $450. Lots of Coloradoans are going to take advantage of that and X-Plan and still get $800 or more off their Bronco.
Exactly...I remember someone posting they were getting a good deal on shipping.

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Im saying that the service department you get your car serviced at will treat you better if you bought it from that dealer than if you had not.
Inconceivable. Like I have said before, service departments have never cared one iota where I bought my cars/trucks/motorcycles from. Yes, there are both bad and good dealerships and service departments.

So how can they treat me any better than by not being rude? Swag? Money? Back massages? Front massages? Password to enter the local illegal cat juggling venue?

wavydave

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8 GXP, 04 F150 FX4, Wildtrak 2DR, Badlands 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This sales guy says his dealership has the most reservations. He says we may have a poor experience with dealerships offering below invoice deals. Hopefully he joins this forum.
Okay. Not the worst guy in the world, and he has some points, but I think I've heard some of those points being made in the video below. I think segment 32:26...

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like the deal you're talking about is the one that's 1 1/2 plus years in the future. My belief is by that time, you could go to a local dealer and get that much off. The hysteria will be over by then and the deal that looks appealing now will be far from the best deal then.
I disagree on this point. Grangers October Surprise Broncos are still going to be delivered before any dealerships start taking stock. Dealerships won't even have had a chance to push the ADM envelope yet and see how much money they can milk out of their customers. No deals to be had off the lot until 2023 at the earliest.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gotta agree with xusarmy on this one. In fact, my best service was from a stealership that I didn't even buy my vehicles from. The service I received from the place I bought 2 brand new vehicles from was atrocious.
Same here. The service department at the local Ford dealership where I bought my last car stole parts from it and damaged it. I wouldn't trust them with my roller skates.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard Yormum S. Ford Dealer has the most rezzies.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I disagree on this point. Grangers October Surprise Broncos are still going to be delivered before any dealerships start taking stock. Dealerships won't even have had a chance to push the ADM envelope yet and see how much money they can milk out of their customers. No deals to be had off the lot until 2023 at the earliest.
Who told you this? 2022 allocation is going to have different attributes than 2021. If one dealer in the country had 10k reservations, Ford isn't going to fill all those before 3000 other dealers get Broncos too(especially 2022 models.) Not the way it's going to work.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who told you this? 2022 allocation is going to have different attributes than 2021. If one dealer in the country had 10k reservations, Ford isn't going to fill all those before 3000 other dealers get Broncos too(especially 2022 models.) Not the way it's going to work.
So you are saying that dealerships will start taking stock inventory before they deliver all reservations.
Sponsored