Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well sure! You are 2 hours from Granger! Makes sense! But price shopping dealers all over the country several hundreds or thousands of miles away for a car that can be had anywhere? That, probably more often than not, does NOT make sense.
It might not make sense if your looking to just buy a car. On the other hand, if your looking for an adventure to buy a future classic from the Bronco “ field of Dreams” Granger Motors- then yes it makes all the sense in the world!
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you this condescending to all your customers as well or are you just pissed Ford trying cutting stealerships like yourself out of the picture?
I typically try not to feed the trolls so late at night but it happens some time.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am simply passing along what my thought process is and why it is what it is. I am also passing along some things that I have seen happen after years in the car business.

I have worked in franchise dealer service departments and sales departments. For the last 15 years or so, I have been buying, selling, brokering, transporting, shipping and delivering cars to and from auctions, dealers and private individuals all over the continental US, as my own business.

I totally understand shopping for the best possible deal no matter where it is, I get thinking all dealers are scumbags and getting off on turning your nose up at your local one because you found a better price somewhere else. I get the satisfaction of walking away from a deal strictly based on price, I get the concept of a transactional purchase and not wanting or needing anything more from the seller than a low price.

And I once purchased a car from a dealer auction in San Francisco, California for the specific reason of driving it back across the country to South Carolina, because I had always wanted to drive across the country. (Shocker, I didnt make any money on that car, but I knew that was probably gonna happen, and it was worth it)

So, I get it.

But, when it comes to simple dollars, I have seen what can happen and how one thing can throw your whole profit margin, or savings in this case, out the window.

Ive been on both sides of the negotiating table and am currently on the customer side and speaking from that perspective. And Im just providing food for thought, not based on my personal opinion, but based on my experiences.

Everyone has their own personal reasons and motivations for their purchase, and Im certainly not trying to tell anybody what they should or shouldnt do. Im just trying to add some insight and things to think about which I have learned that may be helpful to others.

??

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘16 Explorer, ‘13 F150, ‘99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This sales guy says his dealership has the most reservations. He says we may have a poor experience with dealerships offering below invoice deals. Hopefully he joins this forum.
I stumbled on this from a little more than a year ago..!! Reading thru the snarky comments, GIF's and memes was interesting.! The "sales guy" was prophetic....ya think.!?!

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I stumbled on this from a little more than a year ago..!! Reading thru the snarky comments, GIF's and memes was interesting.! The "sales guy" was prophetic....ya think.!?!
Prophetic? Not really. Most dealers knew what was going to happen if you ask me.
Sponsored