Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to validate my concern
People with reservation order - dealer marks up price when delivered to original reservation holder to make them walk
Call their buddy and sell it to them at msrp
Sounds like Ford has created rules to keep this from happening ?
I actually have felt my dealer may try to do this to me - been shopping a change
Sponsored

FTFRS

I can definitely see dealerships having their own staff or even relatives and friends making reservations to have for "dealer stock". I know Granger has eluded to Ford trying to prevent shady stuff by there being a penalty for Broncos not sold to the original reservation holder...but if they take a gamble on a bigger ADM to cover the penalty, and somebody buys it, why not?

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't expect it across the board. But can certainly see a few dealers here and there doing it.
Yeah, and hopefully Ford keeps a close tab on this and penalizes the dealerships that do this. This is too big for Ford to allow a few shady dealerships to mess with it... which in turn hurts reservation holders that are legitimately waiting for their delivery while people without reservations are already driving one.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we're all assuming that these dealerships (and Ford) are much more squared away than they actually are. We've seen and heard so many stories of one random person at some dealership not being up-to-date, that this shouldn't be a surprise any more. It's waaaaaaay more likely that someone is cold-calling their internal list without fully understanding the product roadmap, than anything else.

If you're that concerned, you can always pick up the phone and ask. At the end of the day, the enthusiasts who are devouring and analyzing every Bronco-related syllable are right here. We tend to forget that for most of the people at the dealerships, this is just a job - not a passion.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you lock in the price, tax, tag, title “out the door” bottom line price at time of ordering. If the dealers try to add ADM, well, we have all of Dec and Jan switch dealers. Just make sure not to wait until the end of Jan to convert your reservation to an order; dealers might screw with those last minute people.

Sponsored

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry, wasn't intended as making fun or an insult. But unfortunately dealers are making false claims as evident from this forum. None of us know at this time what to expect as far as deliveries and time table until orders are placed and production based on those orders. Sometimes my sarcasm can be interpreted as being rude- I'm working on it. ?
LOL... even still.. all this I heard this and I heard that, I mean unless its from a verified credible source, I'm just all done hearing from the peanut gallery. IMO, unless you have a decently early reso, you probably wont see a bronco (on the primary market at least) for a while, and if someone does? Good for them, because I have an early reso and I am certain I will get mine asap, hopefully with a F@$%ing WHITE TOP!

SS-

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I've been hearing reports of at least one local dealership that's been calling customers promising them broncos next year when they come out. These calls are to people without reservations. I know one of these people and have been arguing with them back and forth that its just not possible. But this dealership has them convinced they'll be getting one in April or May when they're available. Anybody heard similar stories? Are dealerships coming up with some back door around the reservation process?
Not really, but:

Any Bronco that was legitimately ordered by a customer... then not delivered, due to a customer circumstance (bad credit, marriage, new baby takes priority, relocation, or even just changed my mind), will go to that dealers inventory (to be sold).

Reservation holders have certain Ford guarantees, like will not be sold over MSRP, and in many cases that a selling dealer will not charge any ADM's and they might accept X Plan; however, a retail sales customer does not enjoy any of those same guarantees or commitments. At that point (a sale to a retail customer), it will come down to Supply and Demand).

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've been hearing reports of at least one local dealership that's been calling customers promising them broncos next year when they come out. These calls are to people without reservations. I know one of these people and have been arguing with them back and forth that its just not possible. But this dealership has them convinced they'll be getting one in April or May when they're available. Anybody heard similar stories? Are dealerships coming up with some back door around the reservation process?
There are dealers on this forum who have blatantly said they're gaming the system and that they're aware of the penalties. It's going to happen.

What is also 99% going to happen is a bunch of small and maybe a large one or two media outlets getting a story about it, but they're only going to buy it after the deed is done. Who will look worse? Those dealerships or Ford? Most will only associate Ford with the shenanigans which is what they're trying to prevent, but if it hits on a slow news day...

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But this dealership has them convinced they'll be getting one in April or May when they're available. Anybody heard similar stories? Are dealerships coming up with some back door around the reservation process?
They are the Ford Mannequins we will get at least 1 for people to drive and we have to keep the vehicle for certain miles and time before it can be sold

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My hunch is that most of these are dealers (or more likely salespeople) that don't know anything, but it is entirely possible. There are some dealers that didn't accept reservations, so they won't get reservation allocation, but they will get the allocation from sales/Jeep, so they will have some Broncos and no reservation orders to use them on so they can go right to fresh retail (sold) orders.

Sponsored

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, my local dealer who I just switched from, told me they have been allocated 4 demos. I wonder if they are promising these to someone who might be willing to pay a premium to not wait? I was told they would be using these for test drives etc for those ordering but I wonder if a dealer might try to make a small mint off selling some of these early?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, my local dealer who I just switched from, told me they have been allocated 4 demos. I wonder if they are promising these to someone who might be willing to pay a premium to not wait? I was told they would be using these for test drives etc for those ordering but I wonder if a dealer might try to make a small mint off selling some of these early?
I'm pretty sure they (like other dealers) are for a 1-day display, only. They belong to Ford, not to the Dealer!

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm pretty sure they (like other dealers) are for a 1-day display, only. They belong to Ford, not to the Dealer!
Perhaps, so much misinformation out there. They made it sound like they were theirs. They said "We were originally allocated 2 Broncos to use as demos but now we have been allocated 4". Made it sound that as their reservations went up, their allocated demos went up. Said they would be at the dealership for people to test out when they came to finalize order and pricing details.

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I assume that scenario is based off reservation holders converting to orders, then rejecting the final product for a myriad of reasons. The Bronco hits the lot and sells in hours.
Sponsored