Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel the same way when everybody says "Order a non Sas Big Bend it'll be produced right away" . First day res here, non Sas BB...still waiting...
Key #1 is more-door soft top. Key #2 is being with a dealer that doesn't have a lot of other more-door soft tops reserved. Only then does the non-SAS BB get your number pulled...
Sponsored

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Would definitely not be cool if all reservations haven’t been filled…
Look up the Granger thread on here.... Mr Levine replied to it. The new allocation quota percentage they just changed will do just that. They are rewarding larger dealerships that sell a lot of all model Ford Cars/Trucks. The smaller ones, like Granger, that took a shit ton of Bronco reservations will be a number of years filling all their reservation holders/allocations, while the bigger dealers will have Lot stock to sell. Ford never told people to look into this when we all placed our reservations at our choice of dealer.........

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The most interesting thing to me about the Bronco mess is the constraints on the options. I would think they would want to have as many options available at the factory as possible. (I understand the Webasco issues..... I am sure they wish they could get more....).

I would assume that Ford (and their dealers) would want to sell more of the more expensive builds as generally there is more profit in the higher priced units than base units.

So while I understand that they are having trouble getting the parts from their suppliers (or other plants), I would think they would boost up production of the desirable parts.

The towing package should be the easiest to fix. Just about about any metal fabrication shop could start making them for Ford, and the necessary wire harness shouldn't be that much more complicated for someone that specializes in that stuff. Same with the bull bar, it can't be that hard to make. They should be able to solve those issues rather quickly (sure they can't get them for $ .85 each, and may have to pay $ 1.15 ea or something, but fill those easy to fill voids.

I would imagine a more technical package may be more difficult to ramp up production as chips may not be available. Other things that are longer to source may also be difficult like leather interiors.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I met with my salesman a few weeks ago to re-submit my 22 order. I know the dreaded “My dealer said….” But he mentioned that they’d be receiving around 10-20 before the year ended. He mentioned they’d be base, big bend or outer banks builds. All soft tops with nothing fancy on them.

TLDR: Stanley Ford (McGregor, Tx) (not my dealer) currently has 10 broncos for sale and 8 of them have blue window stickers and currently listed for sale, so it appears there may be some truth to what I was told

https://www.stanleyfordmcgregor.com/searchnew.aspx?Model=Bronco

I haven’t spoken with them but most are on the lot and available according to the website.
Called them, they swear that they are selling at MSRP.

Sponsored

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprised. Ford did say they would keep the line going with dealer stock orders if there weren't enough people that changed their orders to soft tops. Having them sitting on lots hopefully will tone down the ADM craze that seems to be rampant these days. Aren't the people who were willing to pay these markups going to feel a little foolish when the pricing/demand normalizes?
I don't think that the availability of the lower end models will affect the demand for the higher end models. The F-150 Raptor didn't lose value when the F150 was readily available. Until they release a Raptor Bronco the Wildtrak will not be a dime a dozen. The Badlands Sasquatch likely will still be high demand and low availability for a while.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Somehow, maybe I am wrong but I keep thinking that Ford should not have offered so many options and build levels from the start if they couldn't build them for the people who really, really want one (it is their fault, and it should be more acknowledged by more of an honest effort to get us our Broncos first). It is kind of agonizing to hear that dealers will have 10-20 in stock and we are sitting here on the side lines watching the world go Broncoing (when we were the ones who are the loyal, really, really want a Bronco crowd). Geez. A hammock, a frameable print of it a mug or other swag is nice but it just isn't a Bronco. Come on Ford. Make good on us (please?).

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Somehow, maybe I am wrong but I keep thinking that Ford should not have offered so many options and build levels from the start if they couldn't build them for the people who really, really want one (it is their fault, and it should be more acknowledged by more of an honest effort to get us our Broncos first). It is kind of agonizing to hear that dealers will have 10-20 in stock and we are sitting here on the side lines watching the world go Broncoing (when we were the ones who are the loyal, really, really want a Bronco crowd). Geez. A hammock, a frameable print of it a mug or other swag is nice but it just isn't a Bronco. Come on Ford. Make good on us (please?).
I want my damn hammock, mug and poster dammit! How the hell can I hang in there with nothing to hang in there with?

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That Oxford White Badlands Sasquatch is very tempting!!!! At MSRP, I might fly from MN and take the LOOOOOOOOONG drive home!

Gasherbrum

Base
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra Off Road, Beater Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not surprised. Ford did say they would keep the line going with dealer stock orders if there weren't enough people that changed their orders to soft tops. Having them sitting on lots hopefully will tone down the ADM craze that seems to be rampant these days. Aren't the people who were willing to pay these markups going to feel a little foolish when the pricing/demand normalizes?
I think - and hope - you're right about available stock inventory easing the ADM frenzy by certain dealers.

I went into my assigned dealership yesterday to place my 2022 order and also asked for a print-out of a buyer's order, i.e. what's the bottom line I'll need to write a check for including taxes, fees, etc. They were reluctant to do so, but finally gave me one which of course included a $ 10,000 ADM.

I was pretty miffed because my 2021 order was at MSRP. My situation is a little unique in that the dealership I placed my 2021 order was sold afterwards and I had to place my updated 2022 at the successor dealership which holds the reservation. They of course said my MSRP agreement was with the prior dealership not them. True, l can't bind them to an agreement they didn't make, but I can try to move my reservation and order to another dealer, Ford willing.

But the conversation I had with the sales manager about them them charging $ 10,000 ADM got a little odd. I told him most dealerships only charge ADM on vehicles they actually have in inventory, not on a customer ordered vehicle that is likely not going to arrive for 9 months at best. The sales manager said their ADM reflects the current market, my point to him was that my vehicle is not going to be delivered in the current market and that through simple supply & demand as more Broncos appear on lots, the hefty ADM's charged by some dealerships will definitely begin to decrease.

I believe the appearance of dealer stock will definitely help push pricing back towards MSRP. While there will be a few zealots that are willing to pay crazy ADM, many more people seeing a $ 10,000 or $ 15,000 mark-up on a Bronco will simply wait, or consider buying a Wrangler or 4Runner instead. At least that's what I'm hoping if my Econ 101 teacher really was correct.

Sponsored

Cincykyle1020

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My dealership was originally getting 10. Now, I don’t think that’s happening.

Rubicon79

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just did a deal on a base Big Bend 4 door 2.3 with soft top and 7mt for $5k over sticker. I’m in the market and need a vehicle and wanted a Bronco.
I’m keeping my order in for 2022 on a base 2 door auto 2.7 eruption green with zero options. That’s the Bronco I want. I swore I’d never pay ADM but in this market I felt it was fair.
What’s the odds of the 2022 coming in the spring now then I’ll be stuck with 2 Broncos.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the dealers are getting a lot of stripped down Big Bends. Took the same equipped BB for a 24 hr. test drive. Good bang for the buck, but I need a hitch and at least a rear locker.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure about that, my dealer in SoCal just raised their ADM from $20K to $25K on the Bronco, they are selling them while en-transit.
How do people still live in California? I guess when you get taxed to death ADM is a drop in the bucket. No thanks. I agree with others tho, these lower and less desirable builds will squash a lot of the ADM garbage.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would assume that Ford (and their dealers) would want to sell more of the more expensive builds as generally there is more profit in the higher priced units than base units.

I would imagine a more technical package may be more difficult to ramp up production as chips may not be available.
Pretty much everything needs a chip. Well, other than the bull bar, that's insane. What's irritating though is that Tesla managed to fix this problem yet somehow Ford just can't. :(

I went into my assigned dealership yesterday to place my 2022 order and also asked for a print-out of a buyer's order, i.e. what's the bottom line I'll need to write a check for including taxes, fees, etc. They were reluctant to do so, but finally gave me one which of course included a $ 10,000 ADM.
Contact Ford. They've been letting people switch dealers if the dealer is charging ADM.
Sponsored