Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I couldn’t agree more! I’m not saying all Jeep owners are assholes. I was just commenting on the experience I had with one owner. How this thread became a bashing of the entire off-roaring community and/or all Jeep owners is beyond me.
The second post
Sponsored

OP
OP
BamBamBilly

BamBamBilly

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 OBX Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, thank you for proving my point. You can't say "not jeep owners in particular" but then say "becasue they were a Jeep owner". You sir, have a bias against Jeep owners, whether you think so or not. You ran into a someone who was just a jerk, and you are associating it with the car he drives, without a shred of evidence.
I don’t really know why or how I’ve offended you so badly but I apologize. Wasn’t trying to cause any biases, I don’t like or dislike Jeep in any way, shape, or form. I will say that yes I am completely making an assumption based on the way that jackass was parked but other than that 🤷🏽‍♂️.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pulled into the parking lot of my local watering hole to find a packed parking lot. Next to the main lot is an unlined dirt lot which was also almost full except for one small space next to a Jeep Wrangler who decided to park horizontally in a lot where everyone else was parked vertically therefore taking up what could be 2-3 spaces.

I didn’t park particularly close to the Jeep and they also had plenty of space to back up and maneuver out of the space but when they left they still decided spitting on the hood of my Bronco was the right call because… Jeep things? No real harm done and I’m just venting about it. Anyone else have any bad experiences with Jeep owners?

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haven’t read anyones comments, only yours. Assholes are assholes, they know who they are. More than likely this guy was one, whether he drove a Jeep, BMW or a Pinto.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sure is a civilized view. Some rando spits on a guys Bronco and you immediately profile a whole community. Care to expand on this freedom loving type that is attracted to off-roading and which has you concerned so that we may all be made aware and on the lookout for?

There are d-bags in every hobby, sport, past time. No need disparage a whole community for the actions of one.
I can expend on it, just by linking almost any thread in this very forum and other off-road forums. 😂

A portion of the community, at least the ones online, seem to have developed the strange notion that 4x4s, good tires, and suspensions are only for those who play on trails on the weekends, and everyone else is a "mall crawler" or poser or some other condescending word... while THEY are the ones who don't actually "need" the technology. 😂

I can't count how many times I've countered insulting behavior on this forum alone, as I am one of many who needs a 4x4 for it's intended purpose... To get where I need to go.

The guys assessment isn't totally wrong. If some of these people get so condescending and angry behind the keyboard, I imagine some could be "spitters" too.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to add some positivity here:

I had the opposite effect with a NEW Jeep owner. I pulled up to a really nice black rubicon with paper plates and my paper plate Bronco. We both had our windows down and he said “man I should have gotten one of those!”

Here in Austin Jeeps are everywhere. I haven’t ran into a mean one yet!
Tell him nope your driving now instead you would've been waiting.

BroncoThunder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever been off road? The people I meet have always been great…no matter what they’re driving. Always willing to help. Have you actually ever met people involved in off roading?

There are jackasses everywhere, but less in the off road community in my experience. The double parked jackass spitter may not even ever take his vehicle off road.
This ^

I know some offroaders and they may seem a little rough around the edges to say the least lol... but even on road, they've pulled more regular drivers out of ditches in crap winter storms than idk what..always willing to go out and try to haul someone out of a ditch- don't matter how cold or bad the weather is. Good people.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This ^

I know some offroaders and they may seem a little rough around the edges to say the least lol... but even on road, they've pulled more regular drivers out of ditches in crap winter storms than idk what..always willing to go out and try to haul someone out of a ditch- don't matter how cold or bad the weather is. Good people.
After your reception you're probably thinking Bronco owners are the angry ones. 😬

Sponsored

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife and I currently own at TJ. We kicked around the idea of purchasing a new wrangler as the Bronco rollout was such a disaster. Her response was "I don't want to be affiliated with Jeep owners anymore" the yee yee community in my area is obnoxious and unruly. Kinda disgusting that people have put passionate political views in the forefront of their hobby and basically flip off anyone who chooses to disagree. As someone pointed out earlier, we have more in common with those than we don't. I prefer to keep my political views under wrap until someone points their finger.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I said I've met some off-road enthusiasts who are jerks, where did you read "All Jeep owners hate Broncos"
I’ve met people from all walks of life that are jerks, it just seemed pointed at the Jeep folks. Mabey I’m wrong but that’s how i took it.

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
when you are parked at a "local Watering hole" makes me wonder if the problem is more about how much "water" is consumed inside before the offender leaves or if it is just a character flaw with the said person-- and has nothing to do with what vehicle you drive.
Sponsored