First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
when you call, just ask them which way the engine is pointed in the bay, should clear it up.
If they canā€™t read the giant lettering on the back, theyā€™ll never find the hood release. :LOL:

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future?
No. I see a ton of them, as do others because they tell me. And the interiors are generally pretty nice and, arguably, more thought out than the Bronco.

The explorer and expedition are above (the latter being WAY above) the needs or wants or the target audience. Think Cherokee, Renegade, RAV4, etc.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
That's hilarious! šŸ˜‚

I got news for you, buddy. Bronco Sport is here to stay. The Sport is the third-highest volume unit in Ford's current portfolio, behind the venerable F-Series trucks and the Explorer. The Sport ain't going anywhere, so you might as well get used to it. Read 'em and weep!

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport Bronco Sport

In all seriousness, the target market for the sport are Millennial Jeep owners who want a better product for their active lifestyle. The Sport was turning in just 15 days on dealer lots at the end of June, as the vehicle continued to source conquest sales from more customers outside of the Ford brand. The Sportā€™s No. 1 source of conquest sales is coming from Jeep! Who knew?!! šŸ˜Ž

I can't wait to see the reaction from all the yahoos on this forum who poo-pooed the Maverick, once sales start to hit amongst the young, urban demographic.

Damn, it's a good time to own stock in the Blue Oval! šŸ’°

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least 10 of my friends have let me know they saw the new bronco only to discover itā€™s the sport every time.

every.

dang.

time.
Ditto...I told a retired Ford Service Manager (a friend of mine) that I was getting a new Bronco.

He said...ā€youā€™ll never fit!ā€ (I am a 6-3, 310 wide body).

I replied, ā€œsure I will.ā€

He said, ā€œno way, I have seen one they are tiny.ā€

Insert explanation about the difference between the Bronco Sport and Bronco.

A couple weeks later I had to have the same conversation with his son (one of my best friends)...who is also a car guy!?

If I have to clear up the confusion with car guys, there is no hope for 90% of the rest of the population!

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
I get that itā€™s frustrating when people confuse the Big Bronco with the Sport, but I think there is a market for the Sport. My wife wants one. She likes it a lot better than the Escape and the Explorer is too pricey for her taste. It also has some cool features that other SUVs donā€™t have. The average Bronco Sport is selling on a lot in less than 15 days. I say that means itā€™s doing pretty well.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't wait to see the reaction from all the yahoos on this forum who poo-pooed the Maverick, once sales start to hit amongst the young, urban demographic.
Your exactly right I think there is a huge market for the Maverick. I have seen a ton of guys on F150 pages railing on it (and the Ranger), but not everyone needs a massive truck (like the modern day 1/2 ton has become).

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mostly just hate the Sport name. I wish Ford had simply paid VW for the rights to use the Scout name. Sport sounds like a trim level to most people.

It competes nicely with other small crossovers:
- I'd rather have a Sport than a Compass
- I'd rather have a Sport than the new Escape.
- I'd rather have a Sport than a CRV
Ford should have put a stick-shift in it. That's really my only complaint.

Our Expedition is great for camping trips, and can tow a small horse trailer with ease, but it's kind of a pain in parking lots.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that itā€™s frustrating when people confuse the Big Bronco with the Sport, but I think there is a market for the Sport. My wife wants one. She likes it a lot better than the Escape and the Explorer is too pricey for her taste. It also has some cool features that other SUVs donā€™t have. The average Bronco Sport is selling on a lot in less than 15 days. I say that means itā€™s doing pretty well.
And the Mustang Mach-E, which purists claimed was "NOT A MUSTANG!!!", because it didn't have 2 doors, is now outselling regular Mustangs! šŸ˜œ

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco Sport is not going anywhere. My parents bought a OBX Bronco Sport and they love it. I actually drove a BL Bronco Sport in Moab and it was quite capable. Yeah it sucks that people donā€™t know the difference, but itā€™s a quality vehicle. With that said, itā€™s not Bronco. Hopefully when the Bronco starts to show up on the roads more, people will realize the difference.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 M998, ā€˜89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I experience this so regularly that no matter how many times I read this comment in the forums I still am tempted to type it myself.

We all experience it probably because none of us shut up about our bronco orders in our personal lives. So thereā€™s lots of opportunities to debate, correct and inform people.

I think it helps us process the conversations we have or surrounding confusion between the bronco and the Sport. I find it a tiny bit therapeutic any time I see someone else post this message.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the Mustang Mach-E, which purists claimed was "NOT A MUSTANG!!!", because it didn't have 2 doors, is now outselling regular Mustangs! šŸ˜œ
I just picked up a Mach E about a month ago. Yeah, not a Mustang, but a pretty damn good EV.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.