Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the funniest for me. "Hey I saw one of the new Broncos" which gets me excited, but is then followed by some version of "Theyre a lot smaller than I thought, and pretty ugly too" after which I realize they meant a sport. Which prompts me to have to give an explaination. If it is family or someone I like, I pull up my order on my phone and show them the difference. Then theyre response is usually confusion.... Ford fucked this up big time naming it this way. They tried to do the whole "Cherokee/Grand Cherokee" which I hate enough as it is beimg a Mopar guy. It just doesnt work. Hope that marketing guy got/gets fire.
Ford cares about selling cars, and the Bronco Sport sells. Nobody is getting fired for this. They executed the roll out of the Bronco Sport very well.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ponder this [I did :) ]
1. Are people buying the Sport because they believe they are buying the new Bronco?
2. Are people buying the Sport because it just looks good and fits the SUV market segment well?
3. Are people buying the Sport because they've researched it and it's "the" vehicle for them and their lifestyle [it's the right family member]?

Regardless of the reason for purchasing the Sport... it's kinda cool that we get to help clarify the differences between the Bronco and the Sport. Opportunities to expand the community, help others learn just a little more, and generally have a conversation with someone that's not COVID nor Politics related! :cool:

Hell if I wasn't already set on an electric vehicle as my 2nd, I'd probably have a Sport in my driveway now.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's hilarious! 😂

I got news for you, buddy. Bronco Sport is here to stay. The Sport is the third-highest volume unit in Ford's current portfolio, behind the venerable F-Series trucks and the Explorer. The Sport ain't going anywhere, so you might as well get used to it. Read 'em and weep!

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 1625566686428

In all seriousness, the target market for the sport are Millennial Jeep owners who want a better product for their active lifestyle. The Sport was turning in just 15 days on dealer lots at the end of June, as the vehicle continued to source conquest sales from more customers outside of the Ford brand. The Sport’s No. 1 source of conquest sales is coming from Jeep! Who knew?!! 😎

I can't wait to see the reaction from all the yahoos on this forum who poo-pooed the Maverick, once sales start to hit amongst the young, urban demographic.

Damn, it's a good time to own stock in the Blue Oval! 💰
It's outselling the big Bronco 10:1 ;)

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only thing that bothers me more is the Maverick should have been called the Courier.

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
They are selling well, my daughter just ordered one. You have major displaced anger it seems 😃

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s annoying but Ford is selling a shitton of them. They have their place, we will have to just get used to it for awhile, it will change once the big boy is rolling down the streets in more towns.

my uncle bought a sport and to be honest it is pretty cool ..... I would even consider one for my wife....
Take a breath everything will be ok....

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
Technically it IS a Bronco and is so at Ford's design. I also suspect that dealer representative you spoke to knew the difference as well but was trying to get you to come in, (which interestingly worked). The key question to ask is, "does the tailgate open to the right or does it lift up". You can also add an additional qualifier, "is there a soft top option for that model".

From my perspective out here in the cheap seats, I just consider the Bronco Sport to be another trim level below the base. By the way, they are selling like hot cakes around here. I would also say they are pretty nice for the audience they are targeted to. My daughter has one with the Big Bend option package. It's way more roomy than an escape and rides much better as well.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It wouldn't be so bad if the delay between Sport / OG wasn't so big.

When coworkers mention they saw a Bronco, I usually ask if it had a rear-mounted spare tire. Pretty easy way to explain the difference because it's so visually memorable.

stupidrookie

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I also suspect that dealer representative you spoke to knew the difference as well but was trying to get you to come in, (which interestingly worked).
And this is why everybody hates dealerships. They are trained to say whatever it takes to get you in the door, and whatever it takes to make the sale regardless of the truth. We have been flat out lied to by dealers saying this or that is in stock when it’s not. Or come on in and we can order that Bronco for you today - it should be here in a month or two. We ended up going over 100 miles away to find a dealership that could keep things honest past the first conversation.

It’s a strange position to be in when you are waving stacks of money and saying “this is yours if you can keep things honest.” Like the first time your dad gives you the keys to the nice car and says “just bring it back in one piece, junior” and you proceed to lose control and hit the telephone pole before the first stop sign on your street.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve had several people text me over the last few months saying “saw a bronco those things suck you’re buying that PoS” I’m it’s a sport you A-hole.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.