Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love how you post that a lady picked up and told you the dealer had a Bronco in stock and yet you yourself can't even say if she was a sales person or not. For all you know she was the cleaning crew for the evening. If you want other folks to be knowledge and and precise then you should be also, don't you think. As for being out for 1 year the first deliveries started in December making it about 6 months now. As for not liking them then just don't buy one, there are plenty of people that like the vehicle. Here in Virginia Beach they can't keep them on the lot. If I'm ragging on you a little it's because I get tired of hearing people bitch about a vehicle they don't want to buy, you don't want one then just walk away, it's that easy! :rolleyes:
I think the moral of the story was the deal doesn’t know the difference from a bronco and a sport and the miscommunication caused him to drive 13 miles out of the way.
Sponsored

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
long live the sport. Just makes the bronco that much more badass

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I get tired of telling my non car friends that the Bronco Sport is not the real Bronco after they swear up an down they saw one before they shipped and then complain it looks small and worthless.

VinceWright14

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not everyone wants 35's and a hardcore off roader, not everyone wants s super luxury vehicle...the Sport sells. There's a market for it...look at EVERY Subaru currently sold, the Jeep renegade, patriot , the Fiat 500X, the Trailblazer. Just because its not for YOU and you hate it....doesn't mean someone else wont love it. The more money they make on these...the more money they have to spend on development of other vehicles. If I "HAD TO" lol.....I would buy a Bronco Sport over any small jeep,fiat,chevy,subaru vehicles.

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I live in a small town and I have seen a bunch running around , good looking bronco S. if I say so myself.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not everyone wants 35's and a hardcore off roader, not everyone wants s super luxury vehicle...the Sport sells. There's a market for it...look at EVERY Subaru currently sold, the Jeep renegade, patriot , the Fiat 500X, the Trailblazer.
Exactly. The "I hate driving and I'm terrified of the speed limit" demographic is the sole reason CR-Vs keep selling. Some people just want that AWD thingy for snow

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's hilarious! 😂

I got news for you, buddy. Bronco Sport is here to stay. The Sport is the third-highest volume unit in Ford's current portfolio, behind the venerable F-Series trucks and the Explorer. The Sport ain't going anywhere, so you might as well get used to it. Read 'em and weep!

Bronco Sport.jpg

In all seriousness, the target market for the sport are Millennial Jeep owners who want a better product for their active lifestyle. The Sport was turning in just 15 days on dealer lots at the end of June, as the vehicle continued to source conquest sales from more customers outside of the Ford brand. The Sport’s No. 1 source of conquest sales is coming from Jeep! Who knew?!! 😎

I can't wait to see the reaction from all the yahoos on this forum who poo-pooed the Maverick, once sales start to hit amongst the young, urban demographic.

Damn, it's a good time to own stock in the Blue Oval! 💰
Customer’s who placed an order for a “Bronco” only to show up at the dealership for pick up to find it’s a Sport will be like…

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 897C5D80-7D13-4D0B-B079-0C5DC8ACB574

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

when you call, just ask them which way the engine is pointed in the bay, should clear it up.
They can't tell it's a sport you think they're going to know anything about what's under that hood?

I find the best way to simply ask them if there's a spare tire hanging on the back. It's really the only clear indication for a novice as to know the difference between the two.

At a Bronco event they had a sport park right next to the Bronco and in all honesty, had it not been for the fact that I know the difference, I can see how people can get them confused. They look a lot alike especially if you're comparing it to a hard top.

..but that large tire hanging off the back is a dead give away.

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They can't tell it's a sport you think they're going to know anything about what's under that hood?

I find the best way to simply ask them if there's a spare tire hanging on the back. It's really the only clear indication for a novice as to know the difference between the two.

At a Bronco event they had a sport park right next to the Bronco and in all honesty, had it not been for the fact that I know the difference, I can see how people can get them confused. They look a lot alike especially if you're comparing it to a hard top.

..but that large tire hanging off the back is a dead give away.
I know 30 odd people who thought the sport was the bronco and didn't see what the "big deal" about the new bronco really was. Some of them bought something else. Guess Ford doesn't care with the real bronco sold out.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know 30 odd people who thought the sport was the bronco and didn't see what the "big deal" about the new bronco really was. Some of them bought something else. Guess Ford doesn't care with the real bronco sold out.
Totally different target markets. Both vehicles under the Bronco brand are going to sell like hotcakes. This is not an either/or situation. Ford's marketing has been spot on with the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, and the Maverick. It's the most exciting new product line in the automotive industry today.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They should have called it the Pinto Sport. If it's a quality vehicle they shouldn't have a problem selling it right?

If Ford truly believed in their product they wouldn't need the name Bronco in front of Sport to sell it .

At least Jeep brand got that part right, the Wrangler Sport well it's an actual Wrangler. So far today they've been loyal to that name Wrangler that I can see and everything else spun off the Jeep brand has its own unique name.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMO your willingness to assume the dealer didn’t know the difference is generous! Her answers were not “yes”, but “it’s a Bronco”, which is true in a branding sense. I don’t think I am a fan of that dealer, because I think she rolled you. :D

Clearly a different (but still huge) target market. I get a kick out of all these people who insist they got “a Bronco”, and will probably start nervously referring to THE BRONCO as “oh well yeah that’s the full size”, once they are regularly confronted with an in person reality check.

This is a brief period of confusion. It will end. So I make jokes about it!

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport E297091A-9384-474F-9F75-8764D2A09C93

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 3E693BEA-E068-4F34-8EBF-EFD2BA594331

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not everyone wants 35's and a hardcore off roader, not everyone wants s super luxury vehicle...the Sport sells.
I think you missed OP's point. The sport would have been much better received by this group if they didn't call it a Bronco. We are all sick and tired of explaining to coworkers that they have not seen a Bronco on the road yet. IMO the sport is the reincarnate of the Ford Flex. I probably would've been fine with calling it the bronco sport if they put a blue oval on the grille instead of BRONCO.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.