Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have called it the Pinto Sport. If it's a quality vehicle they shouldn't have a problem selling it right?

If Ford truly believed in their product they wouldn't need the name Bronco in front of Sport to sell it .
Shaq didn't need to dunk, either, but that didn't stop him. Did you honestly expect him to grab the ball under the basket, dribble out to the free throw line, and attempt a set shot while the clock was ticking? šŸ˜…
Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. The "I hate driving and I'm terrified of the speed limit" demographic is the sole reason CR-Vs keep selling. Some people just want that AWD thingy for snow
As a current owner of 3 CR-Vs (mine and two kids) the reason they keep on selling is the extremely high value to cost they bring to the table. They are fantastic vehicles.

And I can't keep mine anywhere near the speed limit šŸ˜‰

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How could anybody NOT like this car?!? It fuckin' GORGEOUS!!! šŸ˜

Mach-E Cyber Orange.jpg
The GT version is quite awesome and looks badass!

Just like I think the Bronco Sport is a real Bronco and is a pretty nice package for many and is capable off road.

Most of these guys rambling through this thread are going to get the Bronco, and add Sasquatch no less, yet I bet even 2 years later, thing won't have seen anything beyond a gravel road, yet here they are, talking big stuff on the internets and looking down on the Sport but couldn't even wheel it!

Ego is a killer, sort of like how all guys seem to want to look tactical, yet didn't join the "real" military although they've been right there waiting for you this entire time......

If a guy wants a Sport, more power to him and I bet many Sports will pass a lot of these "big" Bronco buyers at the Wal-Mart on the way to the trailhead. :)

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you missed OP's point. The sport would have been much better received by this group if they didn't call it a Bronco. We are all sick and tired of explaining to coworkers that they have not seen a Bronco on the road yet. IMO the sport is the reincarnate of the Ford Flex. I probably would've been fine with calling it the bronco sport if they put a blue oval on the grille instead of BRONCO.
Just to understand your point, when you say "this group", are you talking about the people here, that don't want one?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gearing/driver issue with the Wrangler? Looks like the Bronco Sport driver had the proper ticket with a bit of momentum. The Wrangler driver was crawling up too slowly at the start. One of those times where super low crawl is not the best choice - driver should have used a higher gear or given more gas with some momentum. Plus high center of gravity with lifts and big tires isn't always the best option either, as some future Sas owners might find out.

Also I saw quite a few Bronco Sports on a recent visit to Colorado. Some folks appeared to be sleeping in one at a campground. I think Sport is a nice vehicle, and arguably a better real usage match for many future big Bronco owners.

And finally I saw Anti-Matter Blue on one of the sports - and actually liked it. In the shade it did look quite dark, but could still tell it was blue not black. Anti-matter is now on my possible list of colors - need to see it on an actual big Bronco and in direct sunlight.

Sponsored

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just to understand your point, when you say "this group", are you talking about the people here, that don't want one?
The B6G crowd wants a Bronco. The frustration with the Bronco Sport is that its called a Bronco Sport. It's a different kind of vehicle that deserves a different name. You would see the same frustration if Jeep called the Renegade a Wrangler Sport. But they didn't, because it's not a Wrangler.

MartyBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm officially sportaphobic. I called different dealers around the Houston area today asking when they would be receiving a bronco demo vehicle. I called one dealer, a lady picked up, and told me they had a bronco come in this morning and is on display. I said, "just to make sure, it's not a bronco sport right?" She replied, "Its a Bronco badlands." I asked, "But is it a bronco sport?" she replied, "its a bronco." I said thank you and drove 13 miles over to the dealership to find out it was a bronco sport.

Its annoying when everyday people mistake the sport for a bronco, but dealerships doing it takes it to a whole new level. I don't think I have ever disliked a vehicle so much and there are plenty of people on B6G who think its a disgrace to the Bronco name. I don't understand what the target consumer of this vehicle is either because if you want an offroader, get a bronco, if you want a luxury suv, get an explorer or expedition. The Bronco sport is neither good at offroading and has a far from nice interior. I see one of these things on the road maybe once every month in one of the biggest cities in the country and its been out for almost a year. Do you think Ford will cancel it in the near future? I don't see bronco sport sales being any good once the real bronco hits dealerships.
There is definitely a market for the Bronco Sport. It's more practical for a lot of people, and I've had a few people concerned that the full size Bronco won't fit in their garage but a Bronco Sport will. Have you sat in the Badlands? The Ebony/Brown interior is really quite nice in my opinion. When you get in contact with a sales person next time, ask them to text you a picture of the Bronco sitting in the showroom so you don't drive 13 miles needlessly.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The B6G crowd wants a Bronco. The frustration with the Bronco Sport is that its called a Bronco Sport. It's a different kind of vehicle that deserves a different name. You would see the same frustration if Jeep called the Renegade a Wrangler Sport. But they didn't, because it's not a Wrangler.
Understood.

1. "The frustration" is mostly from people who don't want a Sport. Thus it doesn't really matter from a sales perspective. Ford knows it's getting my money even though I cringe when Sport people post hilarious stuff like this:

Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport IMG_4468

2. The Renegade is still a "Jeep", and a LOT of people, even many Wrangler owners included, refer to a Wrangler as a "Jeep". That's what Ford is doing here (including launching standalone dealerships).

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gearing/driver issue with the Wrangler? Looks like the Bronco Sport driver had the proper ticket with a bit of momentum. The Wrangler driver was crawling up too slowly at the start. One of those times where super low crawl is not the best choice - driver should have used a higher gear or given more gas with some momentum. Plus high center of gravity with lifts and big tires isn't always the best option either, as some future Sas owners might find out.

Also I saw quite a few Bronco Sports on a recent visit to Colorado. Some folks appeared to be sleeping in one at a campground. I think Sport is a nice vehicle, and arguably a better real usage match for many future big Bronco owners.

And finally I saw Anti-Matter Blue on one of the sports - and actually liked it. In the shade it did look quite dark, but could still tell it was blue not black. Anti-matter is now on my possible list of colors - need to see it on an actual big Bronco and in direct sunlight.
Lots of young people will get the Sport, since it has a great price and I know that many will beat on it pretty good to get to hike, bike, and ski spots; particularly in Colorado and Utah. I've seen a few down here as well. Sure, they're going to look at the Bronco and want it, so it'll give them something to aspire to.

However, my Bronco is one pricey 2Dr, so even me in my 20's wouldn't be driving it, so I would have gone with the Sport and been happy.

The ridicule and calling the Sport fake needs to stop, because what about all of these fake Bronco drivers who aren't going to go wheeling? That's not fair to say, so let's not judge anyone's purchase, as they both are going to keep selling like crazy.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco sport is a perfectly fine vehicle. Itā€™s stout, capable for what it is, and looks pretty nice. Itā€™s a different target market. Nothing wrong with calling it a Bronco. Look at what Jeep did to the Jeep Renegade name (used to be a C7-J trim) now its a fiat 500. How about the grand Cherokee (now it's based on the old Mercedes ML). Even the new Ford Explorer. A far cry from the one they built in 1992 (truck based, real 4x4, body on frame). Ford had the bronco/bronco II back in the day and those vehicles didnā€™t share a single part. Both pretty good vehicles for their time.

The new ā€œfull sizeā€ bronco could be poked fun at just as easily by us old guys. An independent front suspension electronic gizmo equipped SUV based on an outdated ford ranger platform with no V8 options? Rack and pinion steering on a truck? No leaf springs in the back? Sounds more like a car :)

My last bronco was a 93 so I could have been upset that the new bronco wasnā€™t a 6.2 or 7.3 liter equipped f150 based full size 2 door monster but Iā€™m not. Iā€™m excited to get my Bronco.

I just try to keep an open mind and if a vehicle does what the designers intended it to do, and people buy it and like it, then it's a success. Plenty of my friends are going to make fun of me for having a new big bronco since it's not super manly, but I like it.

Cant wait to get my big Bronco Black Diamond. Although it's not a "Real Bronco" I am still excited for it. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ponder this [I did :) ]
1. Are people buying the Sport because they believe they are buying the new Bronco?
2. Are people buying the Sport because it just looks good and fits the SUV market segment well?
3. Are people buying the Sport because they've researched it and it's "the" vehicle for them and their lifestyle [it's the right family member]?

Regardless of the reason for purchasing the Sport... it's kinda cool that we get to help clarify the differences between the Bronco and the Sport. Opportunities to expand the community, help others learn just a little more, and generally have a conversation with someone that's not COVID nor Politics related! :cool:

Hell if I wasn't already set on an electric vehicle as my 2nd, I'd probably have a Sport in my driveway now.
Same here. The Mach E is our second vehicle. I would have gladly taken a Bronco Sport.

Reactions: rws

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Itā€™s a cool vehicle. I wish they didnā€™t call it a bronco. I am tired of telling people the Bronco isnā€™t out yet (now it is a little) and having everyone say ā€œyeah but I see tons of them. Itā€™s just a dumb conversation. I think Iā€™d almost consider it if it had a removable roof OR was 8-10k cheaper. I compared it alongside my Crosstrek and spec for spec it was similar but about 8k more and Iā€™d trust the Crosstreks reliability more. I think they are marketing it to the right group of people

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Totally different target markets. Both vehicles under the Bronco brand are going to sell like hotcakes. This is not an either/or situation. Ford's marketing has been spot on with the Bronco, Bronco Sport, Mach-E, F-150 Lightning, and the Maverick. It's the most exciting new product line in the automotive industry today.
Yeah, they did such a great job naming them, that even the dealers don't know which one is which.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love our Bronco Sport. Iā€™m even considering leasing one seeing as I wonā€™t find a 2door BaseSquatch until 2023. Itā€™s a rad little SUV.
Ford Bronco Death to the Bronco Sport 50801431-B069-4586-9581-524BE6E1FF5C
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.