Sponsored

December 2021 order — no vehicle until 2023?

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an order originally placed 11/17/21.

I wasn’t too confident in how my dealer was communicating (i.e. they weren’t) after my order, so I ordered a backup at another dealer in early December.

Well, by some miracle I got my VIN from dealer one last week.

I contacted the second dealer to see if they had any updates, and she just told me

“So you will most likely not be getting a VIN and build date until 2023. They announced we are getting 75 this year and and we have over 400 existing orders”

WTAF. I know wait times have been brutal for many of you. But this was shocking — an allocation of 75 for 400 orders? I don’t even get how they could tell me to expect 2023 if that’s the case?
Sponsored

capterik

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex, ram promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
i love all these whiners from 2021 orders when alot of members here reserved in mid 2020 and ordered when opened in january 2021, long line in front of u, and u have already jumped in line on some

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i love all these whiners from 2021 orders when alot of members here reserved in mid 2020 and ordered when opened in january 2021, long line in front of u, and u have already jumped in line on some
Well, I’m not whining. And I acknowledged that wait times have been extraordinary for so many of you. Honestly I get that it must be maddening.

I’m expressing surprise at hearing that apparently 325 of 400 current orders at a local dealership are going to have to wait at least another year.

That, to me, is surprising — even with the history of the Bronco orders being what it is.

in other words, this seems newsworthy to me, which is why I posted it.

Sponsored

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an order originally placed 11/17/21.

I wasn’t too confident in how my dealer was communicating (i.e. they weren’t) after my order, so I ordered a backup at another dealer in early December.

Well, by some miracle I got my VIN from dealer one last week.

I contacted the second dealer to see if they had any updates, and she just told me

“So you will most likely not be getting a VIN and build date until 2023. They announced we are getting 75 this year and and we have over 400 existing orders”

WTAF. I know wait times have been brutal for many of you. But this was shocking — an allocation of 75 for 400 orders? I don’t even get how they could tell me to expect 2023 if that’s the case?
Which two dealerships? We're waiting for ours through Joe Myers on 290.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Matt, it's the way Ford set up their '22 allocations to make the mega dealers happy. So, Ford screwed a lot of their customers that went with smaller dealers. Enjoy the first one, and cancel the second.

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Which two dealerships? We're waiting for ours through Joe Myers on 290.
Tommie Vaughn is the one with the wait. I had luck with Planet Ford in Humble.

Last edited:

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was warned that while they think it will be sooner, I had the potential to be stuck waiting till 2023 from Doggett with my late res/order. Nothing on how long the 'line' is or how many allocations they're getting every month.

/obligatory "my dealer said"

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
maybe if we all put a few orders in at different dealerships it'll help...

do I need green text or something to indicate sarcasm on here?

OP
OP
mattymik

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Matt, it's the way Ford set up their '22 allocations to make the mega dealers happy. So, Ford screwed a lot of their customers that went with smaller dealers. Enjoy the first one, and cancel the second.
Cancelling the second was always the plan. I went with two different size dealers to hedge bets.

maybe if we all put a few orders in at different dealerships it'll help...

do I need green text or something to indicate sarcasm on here?
Maybe you should consider it. And just cancel whichever order doesn’t get you a VIN.

I opted out of MIC, roof rack, tow and other accessories because people said they’d be delayed by months or longer. That’s a game basically everyone here seems willing to play to get all truck sooner.

If there’s some mysterious dealer allocation formula I could be on the losing end of, why wouldn’t I hedge bets and see which dealer gets me a VIN first? Especially when the first dealer took over a month to get me into the Ford system at all?
Sponsored