Sponsored

Decent trails in Snowbird Resort, Utah area?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife has a conference in June at the Snowbird Resort in Utah. I'm thinking of driving out for a few days while she is there. Are there decent trails in that area that I can spend a couple hours on? I imagine there will be stuff going on at the resort that she will want me to attend, so I'm thinking 4-5 hours excursions from the resort is what I'll be able to do. I will probably try to get in some hiking while there too.
Sponsored

eurydice_96

Badlands
First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are a few places near salt lake. The Wasatch Skyline trail is easy, but you get some great views of the valley. You can go a little southwest and hit 5 mile pass. It’s more desert-y. Little Moab is near 5 mile pass. If you want to try out some sand, there’s Little Sahara out there too.

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont know of any OHV trails in Little Cottonwood Canyon where Snowbird is. There are trails to the south of Snowbird but you will have to drive about an hour to get to. I recommend going to Tibble Fork Reservoir and taking that to Midway Utah any vehicle with clearance can do that road/trail. There are more technical trails in-between that you can do (Mary Ellens Gulch, Forest Lake). From Tibble Fork you can also drive to Silver Lake (3 miles of dirt road) and if the gate is open at Silver Lake you can continue another 3 miles to Major Evans.

Check out All Trails for more details on the trails. https://www.alltrails.com/explore/u..._lng=-111.51529316583672&a[]=off-road-driving

Last edited: