Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
Sponsored

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish I could decide! I don’t have my kids in my car hardly at all. Plus, wife had a CX9 for family drives. I could easily go with the two door AND I think it looks better. But, I’m afraid I will want the extra space and utility of the 4 door. Wish I could make up my mind!

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish I could decide! I don’t have my kids in my car hardly at all. Plus, wife had a CX9 for family drives. I could easily go with the two door AND I think it looks better. But, I’m afraid I will want the extra space and utility of the 4 door. Wish I could make up my mind!
Same situation here. The wife already has the 4 door Edge Sport so I don't really need a 4 door. Whenever I need the kids in the vehicle I just steal hers, it is that simple. Not to mention I am keeping the current DD 4runner for the 5 year old when she grows up.

psychwarfare

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, MGB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Glad you were able to make a call. I like the look of the 2 door more, but suspect ride quality on the highway will be better with the 4. I don't know...I'm torn

Sponsored
OP
OP
Desmomini

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
Funny, I rented a new Suburban in September for a family getaway, and any of the kids riding in the 3rd row just climbed over the 2nd row without even moving the seats...including the 19 year old!!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you think that is better for you, good for you.

If you are looking for advice, you may not hear what you are hoping for.

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
She’s a keeper!

KobeStyle

Outer Banks
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ah, marital bliss...
So changing to a 2 door will work on a 4 door reservation? I thought it was just the trim and not the 2-door vs 4.

Sponsored

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah, marital bliss...
I feel you bro, but man the only thing that kills me is that cargo size, it’s SO SMALL UGH

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I am fighting for the 2 door with my wife. She is not a car person and wants more doors just for the functionality of it. If I am paying for it there will only be 2 doors.

OP
OP
Desmomini

Desmomini

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ferrari 348, Porsche 914
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel you bro, but man the only thing that kills me is that cargo size, it’s SO SMALL UGH

You're talking to someone who has rocked a MINI and Fiat as daily drivers!

Of course, they were hatchbacks with fold-down seats...

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was set on 4 door from the beginning but am now leaning towards a 2 door Base Mansquatch. The main reason is apparently the Base 4 door doesn’t come with Manual transmission. Don’t know if it’s a bug or not. Other reasons for 2 door:

Cheaper
weighs less
more reminiscent of early Broncos
not a daily driver
wife and 2 medium sized dogs. No kids

I’m concerned about that rear storage area in the 2 door and Sometimes think the 4 door looks better. 2 Door is kind of Stubby looking but not as short as a Wrangler 2 door.
Sponsored