Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that you have indicated that FE is your trim. I would be curious (not enough to make a separate poll) what percentage of FE buyers will select a 2-dr. I suspect that most that are dropping that coin will opt for the most Bronco for their buck and settle on the 4-dr. In the future, the 2-dr FE 6G Bronco might be the true unicorn.
I expect 20-25% will go 2dr on FE.
Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door all the way. Get one now while you can, they won't make them forever.
I can tell you that at this point, Jeep has no intention of ditching the two door Wrangler. I threw back a few "Pepsi's" on Halloween with a family friend who is an engineer at FCA and he assured me it will never happen. This leads me to believe Ford won't ditch the two door until Jeep does... hopefully never.

What I did find interesting is that he also said the JL was shockingly close to being IFS and that it is likely the Wrangler will switch at some point in the future.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I spec'd out my build 2 DR vs. 4 DR with all of the same options. The 4 DR is only about 4% more in cost than the 2 DR but you get:

4 Door vs. 2 Door
- extra passenger seat
- 35% more cargo space in rear
- 48% more cargo space with rear seats down
- storage for all 4 doors in rear when removed vs. -0- space for the 2 Door removal

Yes, the 2 door appearance is more like the iconic image of the early Bronco...but that's because they didn't offer a 4 door!

To each is own...hope everyone enjoys their Bronco!

JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm really digging the two door Bronco. I have a four door JK and I never really have anyone in the back seats, I like the storage but don't use it that often so I'm leaning going to the 2 door.

Anyone know why the 2 door doesn't come stock with a soft top? I think I'd rather have that instead of the hard top and have to purchase the soft top. I paid for the body color matching hardtop on my JKU and it looks awesome but once I got my Trektop NX I find myself keeping it on longer and longer throughout the year.

Sponsored

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use the rear gate. Make it a habit. When they get older, there are ramps/steps to make it easier to mitigate the height. When they associate the rear gate as their entrance/exit, they won't try and hop over the console to exit out the front (we are still talking about 2-dr on a 2-dr thread).
That’s a great point. I know it’s kinda stupid that I am having this dilemma in my head. I feel with the 2 door, I can add more internal accessories than if I went with the 4dr. If I don’t need the extra space with the 4dr and can utilize it correctly with the 2dr, then I’d prefer that

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spec'd out my build 2 DR vs. 4 DR with all of the same options. The 4 DR is only about 4% more in cost than the 2 DR but you get:

4 Door vs. 2 Door
- extra passenger seat
- 35% more cargo space in rear
- 48% more cargo space with rear seats down
- storage for all 4 doors in rear when removed vs. -0- space for the 2 Door removal

Yes, the 2 door appearance is more like the iconic image of the early Bronco...but that's because they didn't offer a 4 door!

To each is own...hope everyone enjoys their Bronco!
All great points, thanks. It might a situation of buy once cry once.

Deleted member 14617

That’s a great point. I know it’s kinda stupid that I am having this dilemma in my head. I feel with the 2 door, I can add more internal accessories than if I went with the 4dr. If I don’t need the extra space with the 4dr and can utilize it correctly with the 2dr, then I’d prefer that
I had a 2 door TJ Wrangler with 2 Labs. I took out the back seat, and there was plenty of room. I usually had them go in the driver's door and they could jump to the back or sit in the passenger seat (if my husband wasn't with me). The tailgate route was good for when their paws were wet or dirty.

I taught my dogs the command "paws", where they would put their paws up on the door sill. Then I would lift their butts up and they would climb in. The Jeep had a 4" lift and 33" tires, so the sill was pretty high up. I also taught them to let me lift them down, as my vet had seen issues with back problems in dogs jumping in and out of lifted SUVs.

We moved cross country, and drove the Jeep with the 2 dogs and everything that didn't go on the moving truck. Also, I was 7 months pregnant. It was fine. It just depends on what you like.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After going back and forth since April ive decided on a 2 door Wildtrak.

our youngest is 7. The other kids are in college. We still have a fairly new Odyssey that we’re keeping.

weird question but is anyone planning on removing just 1 backseat? Im considering it for added room.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wheels look a bit weird with a 4dr... Unless you sasquatch it...

Since, i dont need 35" wheels... 2 dr it is for me.

Beside, if you want a flex baby... Try the sport. It looks like the Escape had a bad one might stand with a flex.

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am now about 90% in on the 2 dr. Worry about how it will handle at highway speeds with the short wheel base and safety vs a 4 dr in a crash.
My 2004 Nissan Xterra has a wheelbase of 104". It handles highway speeds just fine.

2dr Bronco is 100", don't see that being a problem.

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
Sounds like you need to make it a one door Bronco. Remove all seats except the drivers and weld the passenger door shut. That is what a grown ass man would do!

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One thing I didn't see mentioned about the 4 door for off road ability is the longer wheelbase is better for vertical climbs. I didn't see Ford testing the 2 door on Mickey's Hot tub.:unsure:

That be said, I'm ordering the 2 door.(y)
Sponsored