Sponsored

Decided on a 2-door and feel so much better!

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was set on 4 door from the beginning but am now leaning towards a 2 door Base Mansquatch. The main reason is apparently the Base 4 door doesn’t come with Manual transmission. Don’t know if it’s a bug or not. Other reasons for 2 door:

Cheaper
weighs less
more reminiscent of early Broncos
not a daily driver
wife and 2 medium sized dogs. No kids

I’m concerned about that rear storage area in the 2 door and Sometimes think the 4 door looks better. 2 Door is kind of Stubby looking but not as short as a Wrangler 2 door.
i struggled with the looks too... i was all in on the 4 door at first, but then started seeing the 2 door with 35's and really fell in love with it. I feel like the 4 door just doesn't look quite proportional, to me you can tell they spent their effort designing the 2 door, and then they kinda just stretched it to make it have 4 doors. I reserved a 2 door manual, luckily I'm 25 with no kids, and my girlfriend just got a VW tiguan last year if we ever need some extra space on a trip or anything. I think i'd really regret not getting the 2 door if i didnt!
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 doors is the only thing I’ve been certain of since the beginning. Everything else has been, shall we say, very fluid...
My daily has been a single cab F150 4x4 and it works fine 99% of the time. Just me and the wife.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the look of the two door. It will be interesting to see the ride quality of the 2 door vs the 4 door. When we looked at Wranglers the wife was dead set on a 2 door. We drove both and the difference in wheelbase made a huge difference in ride quality. We drove both the same day over the same roads. The 4 door was much better by a large margin.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

This is such as simple and straightforward idea that so few people do.
Why are we obsessed with the "use case" that only happens 1-2% of the time?

There is no "jack of all trades" vehicle. Get what works most of the time and makes you happy.
Then rent a Truck/Minivan/Boat a couple times a year if you need to.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm going with the 2 door as well, seeing as it's just me and my dog. I like the sportier look of the smaller frame and since I am used to driving Mustangs there's no way I will get one and think it's too small. :D

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I view the tailgate as the equivalent of a hatchback - should be pretty easy to get what I need out of the back that way. As far as passengers go, I am getting to the age where I am driving alone 85% of the time. And I want to feel cool while doing it. And the 2 door will make me feel cool. Too honest?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had been on the fence for a while, but the Build and Price finally pushed me over...this rig is expensive, so a couple grand does make a difference1 But price aside, seeing the renderings of other member's builds made me realize that this thing just looks so much better with a shorter wheelbase, and the 2 door Manual Trans will be an absolute hoot.

Now, I've got kids, and have had kids for quite a while (4 total...oldest is 26, youngest is 7...) Currently only have 2 at home who I'd be carting around. The older one at home will be 13 going on 14 by the time this thing arrives, so she can ride in the front unless my wife is along.

Yeah, dealing with moving the seat, etc, will be a pain for the younger one, but he'll be 8 when I get this, so he can manage that himself, for the most part.

And when we all go on a family vacation, either we take two cars, or I go to Enterprise and rent a minivan or a Suburban for the week.

Before committing, I expressed my thoughts out loud to my wife..."You know, since we've been together, I've had a lot of 2-door vehicles...the JK Jeep, the Mini Cooper S, the BMW 3 series, the Fiat Abarth...and while I've gotten used to 4 doors in recent years with the FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the current VW GTI, I think I can pull off the 2 door Bronco."

Her response: "You're talking to me about this? It's your car! I don't care. Do I ask you about the kind of car I get? You're a grown ass man! Do what you're going to do!"

Ah, marital bliss...
Well since you've got a Ferrari and all, why not just get both? Let the 2 door be for Saturdays and of course you need the 4 door, you know, for church on Sunday and bible study on Wednesday nights.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never wanted anything but the 2dr ever ,then i was monkeying around in b&p pulled up a 4dr base then clicked doors off ,top off squatch of course check it out.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always opted for the 4-dr, but it was always based on the 1-2% use case. More storage/cargo and easier on passengers. Drove a Ford Explorer Limited 4-dr and never recall anyone riding in the back. I drive a 4-dr Jeep Liberty and can count on both hands how many times people have rode in the back in the past 17 years. I won't be making accommodations going forward.

Besides the look reminiscent of the original, I like the longer doors on the 2-dr. Look left/right and you don't have the B-pillar in your face. Take off the doors and roof, and you definitely will feel unencumbered. I'm deleting the rear seats and installing a plate system from Goose Gear.

Wild Willie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I always opted for the 4-dr, but it was always based on the 1-2% use case. More storage/cargo and easier on passengers. Drove a Ford Explorer Limited 4-dr and never recall anyone riding in the back. I drive a 4-dr Jeep Liberty and can count on both hands how many times people have rode in the back in the past 17 years. I won't be making accommodations going forward.

Besides the look reminiscent of the original, I like the longer doors on the 2-dr. Look left/right and you don't have the B-pillar in your face. Take off the doors and roof, and you definitely will feel unencumbered. I'm deleting the rear seats and installing a plate system from Goose Gear.
I may have missed it somewhere in this forum, but does anyone know if the rear seats fold down to make a flat area in the back? I have a big dog that I take everywhere and this has been part of my decision on 2 vs 4 door. I may have to look into this Goose Gear plate system you mention.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may have missed it somewhere in this forum, but does anyone know if the rear seats fold down to make a flat area in the back? I have a big dog that I take everywhere and this has been part of my decision on 2 vs 4 door. I may have to look into this Goose Gear plate system you mention.
They don't. When the seats fold down, there is a 4" or so difference in height from the cargo floor to the back of the seat folded down. In my case, I have no use for the back seats. The plate system mentioned provides the flat surface, but also organized storage. If you are handy with carpentry, you could accomplish the same thing. While the Bronco and it's measurements are new, Goose Gear has a proven system that is custom fitted for other vehicles.

Reactions: sjp

Wild Willie

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They don't. When the seats fold down, there is a 4" or so difference in height from the cargo floor to the back of the seat folded down. In my case, I have no use for the back seats. The plate system mentioned provides the flat surface, but also organized storage. If you are handy with carpentry, you could accomplish the same thing. While the Bronco and it's measurements are new, Goose Gear has a proven system that is custom fitted for other vehicles.
Thanks for the reply!
Looks like a 4 door for me then.. for now.. I'll probably change my mind 12 times between now and mid-December lol
Sponsored