Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always welcome the forum members who help build on each other's research so we can all learn, especially in the vacuum of information from Ford.

I'm glad your 1 second analysis found a flaw in my 2 days of work it took for this thread, please point out which cell I need to update?

The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes
100% was not talking about your chart- and thank you for your contribution. I was talking specifically about a few exchanges I've had and seen where folks would say, in no uncertain terms, that a DIY tow install kit would be the same as the factory install, meaning no other adjustments by Ford. I damn near dropped my tow pkg because of that. Even if it's a minor spring swap, it's not nothing.
Sponsored

AK Dcoy

Outer Banks
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
100% was not talking about your chart- and thank you for your contribution. I was talking specifically about a few exchanges I've had and seen where folks would say, in no uncertain terms, that a DIY tow install kit would be the same as the factory install, meaning no other adjustments by Ford. I damn near dropped my tow pkg because of that. Even if it's a minor spring swap, it's not nothing.
Thank you! I was in one of the referred exchanges, and couldn’t point out all the details. But all the Firds I’ve seen with factory tow have built in trailer breaks. My husband’s F150 has “ hitch assist “ also. That is DEF not an aftermarket upgrade.
I’m sticking with my tow package no matter how long it takes. 👍🏼

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The tow pkg has a just slightly stiffer spring to better handle the control and sway while towing.
It may be very slight, but without tow pkg, it will have a better off road performance.

Not disagreeing with your explanation, but if the difference is so slight as you postulate... does it really make economical sense for Ford to buy and stock all these different springs for such a minuscule performance difference?

Why not just stick the HD springs in everything and call it a day? Less part numbers, less build complexity, less problems. If this is indeed what's happening, I admire them for going all out and maximizing the performance and capability of every single bronco trim.
Sponsored