Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not sure exactly what the difference in parts are but I added the tow package today (figured why not, my day one reservation still hasn’t been scheduled, might as well get all that I want). I originally hadn’t ordered it because I was worried about additional rake, but from what I read that isn’t the case?

320A5C84-FD5F-4937-8D26-77590B7EDC2A.png

D3BE3579-3839-43A6-9BD6-D2E9A2EFD8E5.png
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure exactly what the difference in parts are but I added the tow package today (figured why not, my day one reservation still hasn’t been scheduled, might as well get all that I want). I originally hadn’t ordered it because I was worried about additional rake, but from what I read that isn’t the case?

Ford Bronco Decided to add the tow package, here are the part change details D3BE3579-3839-43A6-9BD6-D2E9A2EFD8E5

Ford Bronco Decided to add the tow package, here are the part change details D3BE3579-3839-43A6-9BD6-D2E9A2EFD8E5
@North7

Looks like it lists the spring P/N differences?

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks like it also lists spring rate difference?? slightly lower front, and slightly higher rear, with the tow package.

very interesting........

EDIT: i'm an idiot.. it says spring weight, not rate, but the springs themselves can't be that heavy.. so i'm not sure what that means...

Last edited:
OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, really not sure. Figured there would be a few experts on here that could shed some light

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This appears to prove a lot of b6g “experts” wrong

Sponsored

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In what way?

(not trying to argue, just wondering what you see that others have claimed otherwise)
This feels like a setup.. but it appears to be a component swap in addition to the towing hardware. Minor perhaps, but I’ve read 50 times on here that it’s only a hitch and wiring from people speaking in absolute terms.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This feels like a setup.. but it appears to be a component swap in addition to the towing hardware. Minor perhaps, but I’ve read 50 times on here that it’s only a hitch and wiring from people speaking in absolute terms.
Awww. Yep.

I was legit not setting you up, but I thought that might be what you were referring to.

I think the discussion about tow packages only containing the receiver and harness is because those are the substantive changes to the package.

It's not that the tow package comes with "heavy duty springs" for towing, it's that a vehicle that has tow equipment installed, or bash plates, or a hard top, etc, comes with springs designed to address that trim or option's higher GVWR.

It's long been expected that different configurations of Broncos will come with different springs... this is exactly how the Jeep Wrangler is handled for instance... but the different springs are for the purpose of maintaining ride height consistency across the trims.

I mean, at least that's the assumption I've been operating under.

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand that. Not trying to imply there is some major upgrade- but the fact is, Ford is making an adjustment to the vehicle to account for the towing equipment. A large contingent of people were concerned that the DIY method would not equate to factory installed package, and, in response, many were saying there would be no difference.

For example, I posted on here that I suspected there was more to it than simple hitch/wiring.. and was told "there's not." Even if its just spring adjustments to maintain consistent ride height.... who wouldn't want that???

GeorgeFromDallas

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2012 Fisker Karma, F150, F250, F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed your build is a non-squatched Badlands.

Does anyone have similar part number changes/comparisons for squatched BL setups.

Where were you able to pull up the line by line change history?

Are the spring part numbers published on Ford parts catalog yet?

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks like it also lists spring rate difference?? slightly lower front, and slightly higher rear, with the tow package.

very interesting........

EDIT: i'm an idiot.. it says spring weight, not rate, but the springs themselves can't be that heavy.. so i'm not sure what that means...
Those seem like plausible spring rates in pounds/inch so I think you're right about them being rates. I'm not sure if a slightly lower rate in the front is typical for tow packages but the tongue weight of a trailer will tend to make the front end lift so I could buy that theory.

Cali Gaucho

Base
First Name
Cali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The tow pkg has a just slightly stiffer spring to better handle the control and sway while towing.
It may be very slight, but without tow pkg, it will have a better off road performance.

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually I ordered a 2 door Black diamond w/Sasquatch
I noticed your build is a non-squatched Badlands.

Does anyone have similar part number changes/comparisons for squatched BL setups.

Where were you able to pull up the line by line change history?

Are the spring part numbers published on Ford parts catalog yet?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

North7