Sponsored

Decided to wait for 2022, dealer converted order and shows FE. Ok?

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I decided not to get a 2021. I transferred my reservation which was for an FE. Dealer called and said he needed to convert my reservation to an order with some 99 designation to show it was for 2022.

On Ford.com it shows order date of 3/22, an order number, but says Bronco First Edition and shows a 2 door in cactus grey.

Everything OK as is?

Anyway to tell whether it's a 2022 order?

Does the color and 2 door reflect what was ordered or is it the same for everyone?
Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The one to ask is your dealer. Hopefully they have an ounce of integrity and will explain. My guess is the email from Ford is inaccurate for everybody regardless of what you actually ordered. At least that's how it was for me. I emailed my dealer to double check and all was good.

Edit: I'm spoiled by Granger though, so idk how a dishonest dealer would handle it lol

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dunno if that’s gona fly. Everything I read is all 7000 FEs will be built in 2021. I’m interested to hear how this plays out.

Streetfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you aren't expecting to get a FE in 2022.

Code 99 basically means 'dont schedule' manufacturing. So converting the order with Priority code 99 is the right thing if you are waiting for 2022. BUT since you have an FE I don't think it's going to work long term since all FEs are intended for 2021.

I am speculating, but If you truly want a 2022 I think your best bet is to get the trim changed to something else so you keep your spot in line. All FE come with a 2021 allocation, so I would guess that at some point either the system will cancel your order OR the dealer will just take delivery of your FE order and sell it at a premium to someone else (and you might lose you spot in line). Dealers are allowed a small percentage of selling orders to non reservation holders before they get penalized and I think most would take the chance for an FE.

If you still want the FE but want to delay it as long as possible you should order the MOD top, but you will still get it in 2021 (probably in fall)

To answer your last question the website should accurately show the spec ordered from order conversation. If the order is changed again after being placed, the website usually DOESN'T get updated.

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t count on the Ford.com site to reflect an actual order. Lots of people have reported it only shows what they reserved, even after an order is placed.

The only true measure of what has been ordered is the order summary sheet from your dealer. You need that. It will tell you everything you need to know.

I do have a question which will help answer your situation:

You said you want to wait to MY22, which is fine and possible and what the “99” is meant for....

...what Trim do you want? You obviously have an FE reservation, but did you ask to order something else? Not sure yet?

Let us know that, and I think we’ll be able to piece together what’s going on and what you should ask/do.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SliderJack

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don’t count on the Ford.com site to reflect an actual order. Lots of people have reported it only shows what they reserved, even after an order is placed.

The only true measure of what has been ordered is the order summary sheet from your dealer. You need that. It will tell you everything you need to know.

I do have a question which will help answer your situation:

You said you want to wait to MY22, which is fine and possible and what the “99” is meant for....

...what Trim do you want? You obviously have an FE reservation, but did you ask to order something else? Not sure yet?

Let us know that, and I think we’ll be able to piece together what’s going on and what you should ask/do.
Thanks guys!!!

FWIW, I asked the dealer a question and to send me details and got a one word response.

Yeah, I don't expect to get an FE. I'm sad about that, maybe I'll regret it, maybe I wont.

At this point I'm just trying to keep my place in line whenever, if, I decide to order.

Sounds like I should contact the dealer, spec what I want right now for 2022 and have them send me the summary sheet.

If I decide to cancel, as long as I cancel before production date or VIN creation date, I wont hurt the dealer, right? That's not my intention. Just trying to keep my options open in case I decide to get one next year.

Thanks a lot for the responses, they are greatly appreciated!

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer should have given you a printout detailing what you ordered with the priority code at the top at the time you ordered.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys!!!

FWIW, I asked the dealer a question and to send me details and got a one word response.

Yeah, I don't expect to get an FE. I'm sad about that, maybe I'll regret it, maybe I wont.

At this point I'm just trying to keep my place in line whenever, if, I decide to order.

Sounds like I should contact the dealer, spec what I want right now for 2022 and have them send me the summary sheet.

If I decide to cancel, as long as I cancel before production date or VIN creation date, I wont hurt the dealer, right? That's not my intention. Just trying to keep my options open in case I decide to get one next year.

Thanks a lot for the responses, they are greatly appreciated!
Yeah, as already stated, all FE’s will be built in MY21... if you want something in MY22 it will have to be something else.

It has been stated that Ford will still produce all 7,000 FEs... any that are built that aren’t assigned to a name will just go out to be sold as stock.

I think your FE reservation is where things are getting funny... you’re correct that it sounds like the smart move is to spec something other than an FE into a converted order and then have it coded 99. That will establish and reserve your reservation for MY22, and free the FE to be built for something else. When MY22 ordering opens you’ll be able to spec exactly what you want with those options and then give it a normally priority code.

(i don’t know how it will work, but I worry that if you leave your order an FE, even with a 99 code, Ford might do something funny with your reservation. The above plan would clear things up for everyone in terms of intention)
Sponsored