Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Back in January I ordered a 2dr base hardtop with the only options being aux switches and roof rack. I wanted sasquatch with the manual but decided if I could get my Bronco summer '21 it was worth sacrificing the mansquatch combo. My dealer does not have a drivable "demo" and has not taken delivery of any Broncos yet so I at this point I decided to hold out and wait for what I want. I pushed my order to 2022 instead of taking delivery of my non sasquatch base later this year. According to ford res holders will keep their priority through 2022 so hopefully the wait isnt too long for this sasquatch with the manual. I will keep you guys updated and for those still waiting like me, hold strong! Its awesome to see everyone who is taking delivery and getting to enjoy these machines, I cant wait.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope Ford really has plans for 2.7 ManSquatch. Hasn’t been confirmed though right?
Not going to happen.

We'll even be lucky if 2.3 mansquatch doesn't get pushed into 23.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mansquatch? Yeah, would have loved a base mansquatch but it ain’t gonna happen until 2023 at the earliest, if ever.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same here - I think I am willing as to wait as long as it takes for Mansquatch. Maybe by the time it is finally available X-plan will be offered on Bronco too. Going Badlands for the manual and biggest (next to Squatch) tires is tempting, but part of my wanting a Bronco is for a meaningful upgrade in capability from my Wrangler (which is on 33's). Pretty sure I will regret going with any of the current choices.

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right now if Ford made a Manwich without delays it would amaze me.... OH NO SAUCE CONTRACTOR DELAYS!!

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in January I ordered a 2dr base hardtop with the only options being aux switches and roof rack. I wanted sasquatch with the manual but decided if I could get my Bronco summer '21 it was worth sacrificing the mansquatch combo. My dealer does not have a drivable "demo" and has not taken delivery of any Broncos yet so I at this point I decided to hold out and wait for what I want. I pushed my order to 2022 instead of taking delivery of my non sasquatch base later this year. According to ford res holders will keep their priority through 2022 so hopefully the wait isnt too long for this sasquatch with the manual. I will keep you guys updated and for those still waiting like me, hold strong! Its awesome to see everyone who is taking delivery and getting to enjoy these machines, I cant wait.
Ford can not deliver what the promised over a year ago. Their focus will be on delivering the orders they have now and that will take up a lot of MY22 to catch up. I would bet that any major model changes will be pushed to MY23 and beyond. Maybe a Heritage version in MY22, but maybe not.

OP
OP
jaiuppa

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I sure hope Ford really has plans for 2.7 ManSquatch. Hasn’t been confirmed though right?
Highly unlikely from the sounds of it. I would bet more on the manual not being available 5 years from now altogether than 2.7 W manual.

OP
OP
jaiuppa

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mansquatch? Yeah, would have loved a base mansquatch but it ain’t gonna happen until 2023 at the earliest, if ever.
I sure hope for sometime in 2022 but you could be right

OP
OP
jaiuppa

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford can not deliver what the promised over a year ago. Their focus will be on delivering the orders they have now and that will take up a lot of MY22 to catch up. I would bet that any major model changes will be pushed to MY23 and beyond. Maybe a Heritage version in MY22, but maybe not.
Yeah that seems probable, I am hoping the manual on Sasquatch really wont be a big shift in any needs production wise and therefore will just be a build variety slotted for '22 similarly to the other early res holders that will be in '22. Ultimately its a front diff and some electronics, all the parts are already in the plant but I am definitely being hopeful.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaiuppa

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Who knows if they will even make mansquatch in the base. It may just be badlands, but i hope not.
I hope not...that would add a cool $15-$17 K to my build because I told myself I would have to get the 12" screen if I went badlands

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same decision here.

Although for me it was more of a forced decision. An oak tree squashed my wife's Focus. So... lets just say I had to make an unscheduled withdraw from my Bronco fund to buy her replacement vehicle. If I had to take delivery now I would have to drop down multiple trim levels to be able to afford it (currently have a Badlands on order).

If Mansquatch happens in 2022 great--I can drop to Base/Black Diamond, get a Mansquatch, and hopefully save myself $5k - $15k. If a Mansquatch doesn't happen until 2023 (or doesn't happen at all)... that works for me as well. By then I'll probably have replenished my Bronco fund and I can just get the Badlands I was intending to buy from the beginning.

---

Honestly if they told me that a 2.7L Mansquatch was coming I would gladly wait until 2023, probably would even wait to 2024. But I don't think that is going to happen, and even if it did, they aren't going to freely provide that information this far in advance.

Norsk82

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Tacoma TRD Sport 6MT. Bronco on reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THAT! It is what I am waiting for!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m waiting for a Basemansquatch but if it doesn’t look like it will happen in the next year or so, I will try to find a used 2 Dr Badlands manual. I’m sure people will be getting out of them For various reasons.
Sponsored