Sponsored

Decisions to Make.... wait or buy alternative?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I 99’ed. I am going to be jealous as shit for six months to a year, but think waiting gets me closer to perfection.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
go Lexus GX460.

John Whammer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am waiting. But my wofe and I share a single car, so it’s been a problem.

I looked at taking over a lease, preferably one with less than 1 year left. But that didn’t pan out.

The solution I went with was to buy my wife a new car and to take her old car for myself.

I am waiting.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it matters, I ordered my Rubicon on 5/15, got a "scheduled for production" call from my dealer on 5/28, and a call this morning 6/11 that the vehicle has been built and is scheduled for final inspection/QA before leaving the factory. He was sure to say he doesn't have a delivery date yet because it hasn't been scheduled for delivery/transport.

So, if you want to know the wait, for me it's been less than four weeks from order to build, and now I'm waiting for transport/delivery.

OP
OP
Mike777

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for all the feedback! I will most likely end up waiting even if I really need a second car again later this year. I feel like I will have a huge sense of dissapointment if I'm driving my Rubicon and see a Bronco on the street.

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was thinking of a 2 year lease on a Wrangler 4xe. Then seeing if they come out with a Bronco pickup, which I'd prefer.

Because of the almost $10,000 back in federal and state tax incentives, a 2 year lease on a 4xE is practically free.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
The last insider info that came out was good news.
We will not know how production ramp up went till the end of next month but right now things are looking better.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because of the almost $10,000 back in federal and state tax incentives, a 2 year lease on a 4xE is practically free.
For real? Anywhere to read more details about how that'd work? Wifey could use that while we wait

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For real? Anywhere to read more details about how that'd work? Wifey could use that while we wait
Same question. I assumed (with no homework or effort on my end to research) that in a lease, you don't "own" the vehicle and therefore were not eligible for the incentives.
If it is true then that's not a bad decision at all.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear that Toyota’s are nice, you’ll love yours!

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Faced the same dilemma, OP.
I paid cash for a used but capable 01 TJ and am quite content in it for the waiting period here.
It's fun, the top comes off and it goes where the pavement ends.
Once the Bronco is delivered it will be decision time as to whether to keep the TJ, recoup my investment and sell, or keep it and pass it down to what will be a very happy teenage girl of mine.
Either way, my dream of owning and driving a new Bronco is alive and well. 99'ed, but it's there and one day will be mine.
That decision took 98% of the stress of this whole shebang off of my shoulders.
And it is comforting to see some long-time, equally-ardent members I've come to respect making the same kinds of decisions.
Everyone is different, situations different.
If you can get by until that day, do it. Even if it means driving something else cash-worthy until then.
Of all these guys buying new alternatives and cancelling, most are getting very nice, capable vehicles in their own right and they will be happy with them.
You will fall into one group or the other either way.
Either way ya go, hope to see adventure pics on here from all of ya, regardless of the insignia on the steering wheel.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am fortunate enough not to "need" the Bronco [it's more of a want then a need] for transportation. I have a 2006 Honda Civic as an "a to b car". Can't go out an play with it, but can get around. Haven't been on the dirt since last I crashed my CRF450X [which is no longer with me]... so I am looking forward to playing off-road on 4 wheels, hoping it's much harder to fall down than it was on my dirtbike.

All that to say, I'm waiting... only until MY22. I'm getting too old to wait much longer! :)

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure there are a few other's in this community that are starting to have this dilemma. I sold my second vehicle awhile ago as there was no need for it with the pandemic. I thought like everyone else that I would have my Bronco by the end of this year. As this whole launch continues on without one vehicle actually being delivered yet. I'm in the position of potentially having to go to Jeep or Toyota 4Runner by October/November if my vehicle is not yet made (Means I have to be in August or September build emails). Anyone else in the same boat and if so thoughts?
I sold my Highlander back to the Toyota dealership after being told my wait was 4-6 mo when I ordered in May (had I known about this forum I'd have known that was unlikely lol). I agreed to drive our old '05 Camry until then, but it's got electrical issues, the seat belts stick, the doors don't all lock or unlock with the remote so you have to climb across to open them...and while these are all very first world problems, they're a huge PITA with my kiddos in tow. Now that I know it's likely mid 2022 at earliest (still hoping for a Christmas miracle), I'm really struggling to not impulsively go lease an inexpensive car that ... fully works? :) The only thing holding me back is that I'd have the lease for 2 years (ish) after I get my Bronco and it'd mostly sit in my driveway.