Sponsored

Decisions to Make.... wait or buy alternative?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same question. I assumed (with no homework or effort on my end to research) that in a lease, you don't "own" the vehicle and therefore were not eligible for the incentives.
If it is true then that's not a bad decision at all.
The rebate says lease qualifies.
This seems like a very good option, and even with a build date I am tempted. 🤔
Please talk me out of it.
must stay strong
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
must stay strong
That gets my attention. I'll be looking into this tonight lol

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

must stay strong
@navi I can't talk you out of it. As bad as I try, no reason I can.
I sort of wished I had thought of this even being an option a month back before I bought my fill-in vehicle.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I went out and grabbed an older lifted 4Runner to keep me entertained. It was only 6k and I figure I can just about flip it for that when the time comes if I want, or let one of my kids have it not sure. It also took my edge off of "want Bronco now!" to the point that I'm just going to wait for the Bronco Raptor now.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am waiting patiently, but I really like what I read about the redesigned 2022 Ford Ranger. If the redesign incorporates Sync 4, a 12” screen, One Pedal Drive, Trail Turn Assist, Trail Cam, GOAT modes, etc. I will give it serious consideration. Since my intended purpose is overland adventures with roof and bed rack, I do not require a removable top.

The best part of this plan are the tentative Ranger dates below. We know Ford may change dates, but the Maverick seems to show what Ford can accomplish.
09/13/2021 - 2022MY Ranger Order Bank Open Date.
10/14/2021 - 2022MY Ranger Scheduling Begins.
12/13/2021 - 2022MY Ranger Job #1 Date.

Another important consideration is the Ford Express Buy function available at a dealer near me. The function is slick and eliminates the stress when working with a dealer.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that Ford is a company selling reservations but not vehicles, not sure where I stand with the whole thing. SO NOT into the reservation/allocation#/email notice/sheep entrails malarkey many other folks are into.

On the other hand, I bought F stock at $5.80 a share after COVID hit, so I can't be too upset at Ford. :) I'd like to throw that stock profit Ford's way, if they can deliver a Bronco to me by summer 2022. Otherwise - I was on the Jeep site yesterday pricing out a Wrangler JL.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that Ford is a company selling reservations but not vehicles, not sure where I stand with the whole thing. SO NOT into the reservation/allocation#/email notice/sheep entrails malarkey many other folks are into.

On the other hand, I bought F stock at $5.80 a share after COVID hit, so I can't be too upset at Ford. :) I'd like to throw that stock profit Ford's way, if they can deliver a Bronco to me by summer 2022. Otherwise - I was on the Jeep site yesterday pricing out a Wrangler JL.
40ik4i.jpg

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bought a Ranger Tremor instead. I now a lot of folks don't much care for them, but I really like it, and hauled a recliner in it yesterday, so am already happy to have the truck. I really think they nailed the Bronco, but as time went buy, and excitement gave way to reason, I realized I think the Bronco for me would be a great second car, but I no longer want two cars, and a truck works better for one car for me. Traded in the Wrangler and the Mustang. Nice time to trade in I will say.

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure there are a few other's in this community that are starting to have this dilemma. I sold my second vehicle awhile ago as there was no need for it with the pandemic. I thought like everyone else that I would have my Bronco by the end of this year. As this whole launch continues on without one vehicle actually being delivered yet. I'm in the position of potentially having to go to Jeep or Toyota 4Runner by October/November if my vehicle is not yet made (Means I have to be in August or September build emails). Anyone else in the same boat and if so thoughts?
here is your ticket...2.3, 4 door, cloth top, non sas, high

‘’your in

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Weather report says it's going to be 118 next week that's 47.7 C to our friends up in Canada.

Therefore a convertible isn't going to do me any good for another 4-5 months anyway. I sold the Mustang already to help pay for the wife's F-150

If I don't at least get a build estimate by October, I'll likely buy something else. No point in having any sort of hard/soft top convertible until at least mid Oct.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like what I read about the redesigned 2022 Ford Ranger. If the redesign incorporates Sync 4, a 12” screen, One Pedal Drive, Trail Turn Assist, Trail Cam, GOAT modes, etc
Don't Care about Sync, a 12" screen, One Pedal Drive, TTA, cams, or auto-select modes. If Ford offered a technology delete package I'd take it. Electronics are just expensive toys to break.

If they saw the light and offered a 6 or 7 speed MT on the Ranger for MY22... THEN I'd be hard pressed not to move over to the Ranger. Auto-magics are boring.

UtahLars

First Edition
First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Ford Bronco First Edition. ‘21 Audi RS6 Avan
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So yeah similar situation. I was down to one vehicle for my wife and I and its a kinda nice car that maybe it doesn't make sense to take out every day. I thought about taking the Bronco deposit and turning it into something else once it became clear that there will be no Bronco this calendar year. In the end, I decided that, as with most options, this Bronco option has the most value if you don't exercise it until you absolutely have to. So I'm keeping the reservation/order and bought something cheap in the meantime to use as a beater / daily driver. I guess it all depends on what you are able to do. But that was just my particular thought process.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

must stay strong
You have a build date but are still thinking of a hold over vehicle? Now that's just ______

And for the rest that are talking leasing..it locks you in for a timespan, yet we don't know out Bronco times (better not be two years), and you are tossing money out the window because you are planning to turn it back in when you get your Bronco.

Makes no sense. Now if you are a company and can write off the lease, etc... Maybe. Or you plan on keeping both, then maybe.

Clarify for me, if you get a 10k write off is that off your tax obligation or does it just lower your adjusted gross? I had an effective tax rate for 2020 that was 7.25% so leasing an electric vehicle means I'd get back roughly and extra $725?

i did find this... Sounds like you may not get the full rebate amount, and it doesn't carry over.

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clarify for me, if you get a 10k write off is that off your tax obligation or does it just lower your adjusted gross? I had an effective tax rate for 2020 that was 7.25% so leasing an electric vehicle means I'd get back roughly and extra $725?

i did find this... Sounds like you may not get the full rebate amount, and it doesn't carry over.

https://www.edmunds.com/fuel-economy/the-ins-and-outs-of-electric-vehicle-tax-credits.html
the current ev credit only covers how much tax you owe. For the current credits at the max of $7500 for the federal credit, you have to have a federal tax bill of $7500 or more to get the full credit. If you only owe $5k, you only get $5k.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

go Lexus GX460.
It would absolutely be on the list if it didn't have abominable fuel economy and for one other big issue:

WHY THE HELL IS LEXUS SELLING A LUXURY VEHICLE IN 2021 WITHOUT ANDROID AUTO/APPLE CARPLAY!?!?!?!
Sponsored