Sponsored

Decisions to Make.... wait or buy alternative?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would absolutely be on the list if it didn't have abominable fuel economy and for one other big issue:

WHY THE HELL IS LEXUS SELLING A LUXURY VEHICLE IN 2021 WITHOUT ANDROID AUTO/APPLE CARPLAY!?!?!?!
thats just toyota, The land crusier and LX 570 still dont have it and now they are dead in the US unless Lexus brings the 300 here.
Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If ford does announce the ranger raptor for 2022 i might consider it

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm currently cross-shopping the F150 Tremor. I'm not sure what I'm going to decide. It has AC seats and I live in Florida. :LOL: 🔥🔥🔥

dmenace

Wildtrak
First Name
DMENACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/ MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm sure there are a few other's in this community that are starting to have this dilemma. I sold my second vehicle awhile ago as there was no need for it with the pandemic. I thought like everyone else that I would have my Bronco by the end of this year. As this whole launch continues on without one vehicle actually being delivered yet. I'm in the position of potentially having to go to Jeep or Toyota 4Runner by October/November if my vehicle is not yet made (Means I have to be in August or September build emails). Anyone else in the same boat and if so thoughts?
Hoping to get my Wildtrack by the end of September otherwise I will lose my tax credit. I will have to buy something else to use my tax credit till I get my Bronco.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Weather report says it's going to be 118 next week that's 47.7 C to our friends up in Canada.

Therefore a convertible isn't going to do me any good for another 4-5 months anyway. I sold the Mustang already to help pay for the wife's F-150

If I don't at least get a build estimate by October, I'll likely buy something else. No point in having any sort of hard/soft top convertible until at least mid Oct.
Prime convertible time is spring and fall anyway.

Though the nice thing about a Jeep or Bronco is you can leave the top up and take off all the doors and windows.

Sponsored

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about it but my Jeep dealer wants MSRP :mad: ....Too lazy to start shopping dealerships for a deal...I'll just wait it out since I don't really need my Bronco yet. Plus it would only really get me one and a half extra summers.

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For what is' worth, I lost patience back in December and wound up getting a Forester which I figured would serve to fill my needs of occasional beach driving and an almost convertible with the very large moonroof. Long story short, I wish I had waited. The driver's seat became so uncomfortable due to an overly pronounced lumbar support that I traded it in for another Outback. So now I'm where I started, but with a newer Outback. Still wanting a Bronco. I'll likely put another reservation in here soon and shoot for a MY '22 or '23 hoping for delivery by Fall of next year and may wind up doing it as a 3rd vehicle my wife and I can share instead of my original thought which was using it as my DD.

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not quite in the same boat, but staring at a lease ending in November. At first I was worried that I’d have to deal with overlapping payments and figuring out where to park a car since I have limited parking, now I’m wondering if I’ll have to figure out how to bridge the gap. I looked a little at alternatives, and think the Jeep Gladiator is what I’d do if I had to, but I’m pretty dug in on the Bronco. Like others have said, I think I would totally regret bailing on it once I started seeing them on the road. Guess I’ll find a beater that I can give to my son who turns 16 in February if I have to.

Astroknot1

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Land Rover Discovery, Audi Q5 and 370z
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Financially we were going to hold off buying a new car for 2 more years which would have gotten us to the Warthog/Raptor model. My wife had a change of heart on the 2021 LAND ROVER Discovery. She didn't care for the rear end but since I've seen more of them on the road than her it just took a visit to the dealership and she made her decision to go with the R-Dynamic HSE. Only thing now is getting a spare set of wheels and tires for when we take it out with friends to do some trails.

64511204150__398EE189-BA85-42E4-BB2B-EA2CFC1BFDD0.jpeg

Dave4x4

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler, 2022 Defender 90, 2023 2Dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Wildtrak Broncos that I tried to order (they include the Black Mod Top) wont be available until model year 2023.

Not canceling my Bronco orders ...
but I may need to replace my 2014 Ford Edge (over 100 k miles) prior to 2023.

I am going to explore how long it will take to get a LR Defender configured the way I would like.

Ford Bronco Decisions to Make.... wait or buy alternative? EA5B51F5-E31E-4B52-A338-ABBFEF976BAE

BBF9B2F0-C3CC-47F0-8441-ECFADCA0165D.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: