Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Update 11/2: I finally have my ride! Let the decorating commence.

I have a VIN and a build date, and some ideas, so I may as well start the post for customizing ideas for my lightweight girly Bronco. I have thoughts, but I'll need to see her in person before pulling the trigger on the partial wrap idea I'm considering. I'm also in the "I won't believe it until it is in my driveway" school of buying stuff for a vehicle...that doesn't exist yet. But with a 4 week countdown to build week, I need SOMETHING to keep me occupied, so decorating it is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm also in the "I won't believe it until it is in my driveway" school of buying stuff for a vehicle...that doesn't exist yet.
I agree 100%. Especially with this particular vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well... where’s the list? I’d like to see all the builds... even if they are just getting bedazzled... 🙂
I have 4 weeks, so don't expect to see a complete linked list of crate parts imported from Whatsitsistan or five pages of renders. What I have is the number of a shop I've been checking out for a while and some thoughts in my head :cool: All in good time. ✨✨✨

What’s your factory color?
Cactus grey, the best of all possible neutral starting points. Also, it's in my sig.

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have 4 weeks, so don't expect to see a complete linked list of crate parts imported from Whatsitsistan or five pages of renders. What I have is the number of a shop I've been checking out for a while and some thoughts in my head :cool: All in good time. ✨✨✨

Cactus grey, the best of all possible neutral starting points. Also, it's in my sig.
Mine too, build date of July 5, soft top 4 door Black Diamond mid. I’m not a girly girly but I’ll definitely do something to Tuffy. Exciting! I wish you lived near me so we could caravan out to the beach!

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Mine too, build date of July 5, soft top 4 door Black Diamond mid. I’m not a girly girly but I’ll definitely do something to Tuffy. Exciting! I wish you lived near me so we could caravan out to the beach!
I have a California trip in my future, just not near term. Happy to meet up for a beach run when I get to the left coast, though!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My neighbor has a 2-door Jeep Wrangler and is part of a northwest Womens Jeep club. They have a few pretty talented off road drivers in the group and also do a monthly challenge where somebody who knows how to do something then creates the challenge so others can learn skills applicable to driving off-road. From re-beading tires, to removing body panels, or the like. One of these months i'll teach her how to weld (poorly) as they have to fabricate a bash plate.

She got the modification bug while using camo vinyl and customizing the wheels and some other stuff with the vinyl. It mostly turned out pretty good, and even where things get bashed up while driving off road, she just re-does whatever is damaged.

That was the tip of the iceberg. Now she's got tons of mods on that thing. Some tasteful, some gaudy and over-done. Still, it's her rig, she loves it, and the effort she puts into it helps her bond with the rig.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One of these months i'll teach her how to weld (poorly)...
Is there a reason you don't want to teach her to weld well? :cool:

I look forward to certain interior mods I'll manage myself, having done a fair bit of RV/camper work, but I'll lean on cash and the kindness of strangers with stronger backs and hands to manage most of the heavy lifting.

And then we'll see how quickly I learn recovery techniques 😁

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there a reason you don't want to teach her to weld well? :cool:
Best guess is he only knows how to weld poorly, or only knows how to teach poorly. The result is the same. 😂 (This is not me claiming I know how to do either well.)

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am very interested to see what you've got in mind whenever it does get posted. I too will be starting from cactus gray, and have considered the possibility of turning each fender flare into a rainbow perhaps with fluffy happy clouds behind/beside. Wondering if it'd be feasible to bleach and dye the soft top. If so, the possibilities are immense.

Dead serious btw. Just not sure the multi colors would work with the cactus gray or not. I am prepared for vomit emojis. They will only fuel me. Also, as I typed that I saw a silver Bronco Sport drive past my office. Clearly the Bronco Gods smile upon this idea.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great thread!

I'm a fellow Mass-hole with an 8/9 build date (at least for now). I'm really interested in the half-wrap. Do you have your own graphics, or what do you have in mind? You have a place that's done a lot of wraps?

I have been interested in some custom (retro-looking) striping, but I have not had good luck with calling a few places. I think if I wait long enough, some graphics place will make exactly what I'm looking for.

My bling suggestions always start with wheels. Then lights. My finished look is going to require a white grill and door handles. I figure I can paint the grill right away, but there's not going to be a big rush because I'll also be waiting on a white hard top, which is now sounding like 2023. Other white accents I'm considering are the fender flares and the tie down hooks on the hood. I'll switch the mirrors to the vehicle color because they'll start to look weird as the only black accessory.

If you are looking for recovery instruction vids, check out stuff from Bill Burke. Someone gave me a DVD from him a long time ago and I loved it. I used to watch it over and over. I'm going to see if I can dig it up, and then look for a DVD player.

There's also a Northeast Bronco Club forum where people have written a little about accessories they are pre-ordering.

I know how to weld poorly, really well. ha ha. I like to say, functional but not pretty.

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My finished look is going to require a white grill and door handles. I figure I can paint the grill right away, but there's not going to be a big rush because I'll also be waiting on a white hard top, which is now sounding like 2023. Other white accents I'm considering are the fender flares and the tie down hooks on the hood. I'll switch the mirrors to the vehicle color because they'll start to look weird as the only black accessory.
That red and white retro look will be sweet! I'm still talking to some folks but without a vehicle to show them it's a little weird to explain what I'm thinking. I'm also waffling on my accent color; a lot will depend on what looks better with cactus grey in real life (and we all know how much variation there can be with that color!)

And thanks for the specifics on the recovery videos. I've seen the name so I'll definitely bookmark that one and get back to it sooner than later. Here's hoping it shows up some time soon!
Sponsored