Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When we get ours, I’ll be doing this ASAP! Also imagine multi colored lights for Christmas time 😍
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a VIN and a build date, and some ideas, so I may as well start the post for customizing ideas for my lightweight girly Bronco. I have thoughts, but I'll need to see her in person before pulling the trigger on the partial wrap idea I'm considering. I'm also in the "I won't believe it until it is in my driveway" school of buying stuff for a vehicle...that doesn't exist yet. But with a 4 week countdown to build week, I need SOMETHING to keep me occupied, so decorating it is.
Kudos for buying a Bronco and kudos for making it “ your” rig! In today’s world - a “girly” rig is a welcomed addition. The Bronco is a vehicle for everyone.

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

*dusts off the thread*

Like so many others, my truck has been on Dirt Mountain for months. I got the "built" email this morning, and the (first) estimated arrival date is Nov. 4th. Time to break out the decorations!

The vinyl guy is ready for me to bring Ripley by as soon as I get her in. November is a slow month for them so I'm hoping I can get her dressed pretty quickly 😁

Yeah, so my plan not to buy stuff until I had it in my driveway was sort-of successful. I knew I wasn't going to buy wheels or anything that would potentially sit in a garage for months (years?), but I did get script badges (matte black, then two sets of paintable ones when I had a panic attack about not knowing what color would end up looking best, and then being paranoid about having a backup in case I screwed up one set...), floor mats, spare tire cover (to use as a template for a design I'm working on myself), and about a million stickers. I have a front plate bracket and a stubby antenna coming in soon.

I also have sketches for some interior storage/floor leveling, molle system storage, and the packing plan for the camping stuff.

Speaking of camping stuff, I did buy a bright yellow cooler with a bottle opener on it, because reasons. It will also be a sticker repository.

Now, to go get the sticky hooks for the pineapple lights...or maybe I should get Christmas lights first. It is a different season now, after all!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll be patiently waitng for pictures young lady. Please do keep us updated. Fingers crossed that your Bronco will arrive soon.

PatronusRide

Black Diamond
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi! I'm crashing this thread, since I don't see another on the same topic. I love the idea of sharing our (less mechanical) Bronco upgrades. I would love to get some feedback on this idea for a vinyl application that I'd like to add to my Bronco,.. what do you think?

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 9.40.01 AM.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi! I'm crashing this thread, since I don't see another on the same topic. I love the idea of sharing our (less mechanical) Bronco upgrades. I would love to get some feedback on this idea for a vinyl application that I'd like to add to my Bronco,.. what do you think?
Cool! I like the way the arrow stripe uses the body lines, and the 4 door length is just about right. I think the 2 door would be too short for it. I also like the tan/gold on white look. Retro without being weird!

Then again, I'm all about personal preference, so if you like it, go for it!

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 9.40.01 AM
It's got a subtle native American vibe with what looks like a thunder bird under the mirror and the tan kind of evokes an arrow in flight. Interesting look.

Bronconius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford Lighting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So far all I have purchased for my bronco is a key fob holder on Etsy with his name etched on it. My partner jokes with me on what will come first the key fob holder or the bronco?! 😂 I have my eye on a bunch of stuff for the bronco but I’m not buying until I finally have it. Love seeing how ppl trick out their rides as I was a big fan of pimp my ride back in the day. 😁

7E71E469-6E12-454F-8383-1742B6F2D048.jpeg

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I finally have my ride! Let the decorating commence.

Obligatory "before" shots. Sadly, despite emailing several times, the dealer did indeed put on the front plate. Ah, well, the front relocation bracket hasn't arrived yet, so I'll deal with that issue when I get the new bracket. In the meantime, a couple of "bare" shots this morning just after sunrise, including one at my favorite local breakfast place, where they were just as excited as I was about Ripley finally arriving.

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB sunrise_2

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB skillet_day2

Now I just have to get to work with the updating! 😁

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ripley's first frost!

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB firstfrost

And first mod, a stubby antenna from CravenSpeed (those guys are super fast on fulfillment, 4 days from order to delivery!).

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB stubbyantenna

Getting the stripe ideas figured out and the dates nailed down at the vinyl shop later this week. Hopefully Ripley will have their new look by Thanksgiving!

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@cazimi Congrats on getting your 'CG' BB. It looks like 2Drs will be rare. If I see you, I will wave from my own 'CG' 2Dr.

Here's the Mods I'm planning:
1) Front License plate Mount from @HBTFD (I'm sickened they put that on yours)
2) Wildtrak Sticker removal, replace with 'Bronco' from BroncoDepot, Blacked out 'Ford' on rear - got that on eBay
3) Stubby Antennae (I like yours)
4) BYOD Rail from Archetype Racing @EIGHTLUG
5) Grill Swap to BL grill - looking for that still
6) BRONCO on Grill; Stencils in Grey, but have ordered the Light-up ones from Oracle Designs in black
7) After all that, I will be broke, so anything else is just a dream

That should make it unique enough in the SEA of BRONCOs that I should be able to locate mine in a parking lot. Good luck!

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@cazimi
Here's the Mods I'm planning:
1) Front License plate Mount from @HBTFD (I'm sickened they put that on yours)
2) Wildtrak Sticker removal, replace with 'Bronco' from BroncoDepot, Blacked out 'Ford' on rear - got that on eBay
3) Stubby Antennae (I like yours)
4) BYOD Rail from Archetype Racing @EIGHTLUG
5) Grill Swap to BL grill - looking for that still
6) BRONCO on Grill; Stencils in Grey, but have ordered the Light-up ones from Oracle Designs in black
7) After all that, I will be broke, so anything else is just a dream
I like the direction you're planning, and I love the variety we'll be seeing out there! To follow on your points:
1) My license plate bracket hasn't arrived yet, but I'll be moving mine (ugh!!)
2) Also removing/moving my BB stickers. I have multiple Bronco Depot script logos and will decide which color and placement once the whole stripe color/placement gets finalized. Note: I'll have to sets to get rid of after that, unless I start putting Bronco logos on other things... :D
3) yay!
4) I'm short, so I need all the windshield real estate I can get! No BYOD bars for me.
5) I actually like the BB grille...
6) I'm considering Stickerfab Bronco lettering colors, but see #2 for the contingency issue
7) ...yeah, all that!

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like the direction you're planning, and I love the variety we'll be seeing out there! To follow on your points:
1) My license plate bracket hasn't arrived yet, but I'll be moving mine (ugh!!)
2) Also removing/moving my BB stickers. I have multiple Bronco Depot script logos and will decide which color and placement once the whole stripe color/placement gets finalized. Note: I'll have to sets to get rid of after that, unless I start putting Bronco logos on other things... :D
3) yay!
4) I'm short, so I need all the windshield real estate I can get! No BYOD bars for me.
5) I actually like the BB grille...
6) I'm considering Stickerfab Bronco lettering colors, but see #2 for the contingency issue
7) ...yeah, all that!
I've admired the Stickerfab lettering, but worry that I don't have the steady hands needed to get everything perfectly centered. If it's crooked, it will haunt me EVERY TIME I'm in the driver's seat.

I like that there's SO many options out there to make it uniquely 'mine' and I'm sure to get loads of admiring comments about the truck and then, all the little touches I've done above and beyond. You'll like that also, I'll bet. Good Luck!

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So today I went and looked at vinyl colors. I wanted to look at actual swatches against the actual vehicle in actual daylight (and shade). I had some ideas from online browsing (for months!) but there's nothing like seeing the tones "for real" to know you made the right choice.

Also, it was a little like picking a prom dress 😁

In the end, my top choice from my late-night online searches turned out to be what I went with after all...although a tiny part of me was really impressed with how the 3M Shadow Military Green picked up the nuances of the Cactus Grey color in the sunshine (but it would be a bear to clean and keep looking good with the texture, and Travis, the wrap installer, said it was hard to cut smoothly). What color did I choose? I'll keep that under wraps until the reveal in early December!

In the meantime, today I got a sticker delivery from The Supernat'l Park Service. These are the Sasquatches I'll be rockin'! I love that Ranger Squatch is one of their logos, so there will be a ton of fun park ranger squatch-y stuff. I think I need that hat.

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB Super_Sasquatch

OP
OP
cazimi

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looooong break, mostly for non-Bronco things, but also the weather has not been great for doing all the little add-on details I wanted to do before posting pics of Ripley's new color scheme. But I couldn't wait any longer. Yes, there is hood bump stuff coming, yes, the Bronco script badges will go on (matte black I finally decided), there is some stuff on the back and stuff to cover the pinch welds eventually, but I LOVE the blue-green (officially Juniper, which is oddly enough the name of my Baja :D ).

I also bought her a charm bracelet; I think she'll wear it on that low grab bar amidships that doesn't seem to have any other real purpose. I wanted to start off well, so I got her initial, R, and then a few charms for the four elements/directions:
  • North/Earth is a shovel, which was the most representative thing I could find on the list
  • East/Air is a feather, pretty easy to find
  • South/Fire is a garnet birthstone because they didn't have a torch or campfire
  • West/Water is an elephant because...they apparently messed up my order and substituted for what I had chosen
    Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB 1f923
    (I check the invoice - the mistake was not mine!)
Anyway, the latest! Hopefully the weather and my schedule will both improve and more will get done soon. Oh, and the interior build snag WILL be overcome...

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB StripeyRipleyWompatuck2021

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB 20211219_082116

Ford Bronco Decorating Journal for Ripley, my Cactus 2dr BB Charms_202112

Pictures taken in light snow at Wompatuck State Park this morning.
Sponsored