First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That extra fluid and cooling capacity would be a big benefit to hard off roading or long cruises on southern interstates. I wonder if there would be any impact to factory warrantee?
I sell Amsoil. Put Amsoil Signature Series oil, transmission, and differential fluid in it the day you buy it. It's 100% synthetic.....the best cooling properties of any fluid on the market, and it maintains its viscosity at high temperatures. It's warranty secure also.
Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is all about polishing the end of the fuzz on a peach. Teleological origin of the phrase: It is the introduction of extraordinary complexity and costs to make incremental supposed improvements for a very small and select clientele/market that equates to polishing the end of the fuzz on a peach. This leads to pounding of chests, great pride and proclamations that signify nothing in comparison to earlier leaps in quality of life and practical applications. Productivity gains in the economy stands at almost zero for the last 15 years. These two phenomenon are related.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is all about polishing the end of the fuzz on a peach. Teleological origin of the phrase: It is the introduction of extraordinary complexity and costs to make incremental supposed improvements for a very small and select clientele/market that equates to polishing the end of the fuzz on a peach. This leads to pounding of chests, great pride and proclamations that signify nothing in comparison to earlier leaps in quality of life and practical applications. Productivity gains in the economy stands at almost zero for the last 15 years. These two phenomenon are related.
What does this have to do with Ford having to meet federally mandated CAFE fuel economy standards? If you want a political stump Bronco6g is not the place, @Administrator usually deletes these kinds of posts.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sell Amsoil. Put Amsoil Signature Series oil, transmission, and differential fluid in it the day you buy it. It's 100% synthetic.....the best cooling properties of any fluid on the market, and it maintains its viscosity at high temperatures. It's warranty secure also.
Does Amsoil make a ULV transmission fluid?

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think so but Mobil 1 does . It’s manly use for GM 8speed auto tranny. The blue label Fluid from M1 seem to solve there shutter problems .

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They list the Signature Series online for the ranger which has the 10R80, but it also says the Signature Series works for regular LV too which doesn’t make any sense haha I highly recommend not using that in place of ULV.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What does this have to do with Ford having to meet federally mandated CAFE fuel economy standards? If you want a political stump Bronco6g is not the place, @Administrator usually deletes these kinds of posts.
A. There is nothing political in the text presented.
B. Meeting mandated CAFE standards is an assumption and a proposition that may or may not be achieved.
C. It was simple commentary on of the the subject of extraordinary efforts for small if any meaningful improvements of a product in the buying public's mind. This brings to mind the old management question that is taught in MBA programs, so what? The answer to that question was posed by the author through cynicism in the questioning of the value of the changes in viscosity and who really benefits. The author compares needs by two manufacturers but leaves the answer to the reader. Answering the "so what?" question is often left up to the marketing department as it relates to the buyer. That's the point.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How about a interior deep dive?

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does our new Bronco have the super annoying engine start/stop feature and if so can it be defeated and/or turned off? Thanks to any of you who know...

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the 10L80 in my GMC AT4. It's fantastic.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lots of black magic happening in modern automatics these days! Thank you so much for looking into this info, sharing it with us and helping bring more valuable content to the forum!!!!

For those looking forward to the 10-speed transmission "learn" feature, it would be good to remember what it's actual design goal and engineering objective is. And that is to smooth throttle out, shift as early as possible and keep you in as high of a gear as can be attained without you forcing it into manumatic mode and downshifting all for the sole benefit of fuel economy.

Absolutely maddening in the 2019 Ranger to be cruising at 30 mph in 9th gear and encounter elevation change or the need to downshift 5 gears to maintain 30 mph. The only comparison I could give to anybody capable of driving a manual would be to roll from the line in 2nd, skip 3rd at 20 mph to get into 4th, ride 4th until 30 mph, then shift into 5th or 6th (whatever your transmission allows). That should net you about 6/10th of a MPG improvement under ideal conditions. Now do that in all conditions without fail and enjoy your driving experience.

Put your Ranger or F-150 into tow mode or sport mode so it can hold a gear longer and you'll quickly be amazed at how potent these motors are and how the transmission neuters the vehicle upon the altar of CAFE.
I run tow/haul in my Motorhome always and F250 and Explorer (all 6 spds) often in the mountains, much better gear selection and less "hunting". A feature I love in the F250 is being able to select the highest gear it will go too, I think the Ranger/Bronco will have this feature also.

I think I'll use the Sport mode often.

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F150 Limited, '19 CVO Roadglide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've seen a few posts wondering about how "strong" the 10r80 tranny is.
It can be made to be very strong indeed ....

https://www.streetmusclemag.com/news/batten-motorsports-crushes-10r80-record-with-1433-rwhp/

Relevant parts:

As far as the record-holding 10R80 secret recipe goes, Coty had this to say.

“The transmission was built by Midnight Performance,” he explained.

“It started out as a factory 10R80, which Midnight Performance then massaged by machining in additional clutches and other upgraded components. It’s currently the strongest 10R80 transmission available. No one has actually been able to put all the power potential through this transmission, and we found the limits. We also produced the most horsepower that’s ever been put through one in the process.”

“Going into this, we knew that the world record for power for the ’18/’19 10R80-Mustang was set at 1,337 [rear-wheel horsepower]; and we went right over that with 1,433 [rear-wheel horsepower],” Coty enthused.

As with any performance increases ... it's never how fast you want to go but rather how fast you want to SPEND ($$$)

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F150 Limited, '19 CVO Roadglide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah ... pretty sure it will have auto start/stop also.
It's without a doubt THE MOST ANNOYING THING in my F150 Limited (lol), because you have to turn off the feature each and every time you turn the "key" (start/stop button).

Several ways to permanently disable it:
1. Hook up a trailer dongle (if tow equipped)
2. Forscan programming
3. Put an in-line wire adapter (~$99) behind the switch that "reverses" the function of the switch. Auto start/stop is always disabled and is ENABLED by pressing the switch.
Sponsored