K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any information on where this transmission is actually made? I google searched everything I could think of and can’t find any information specifically on where it is made.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ac360

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there any information on where this transmission is actually made? I google searched everything I could think of and can’t find any information specifically on where it is made.
According to Ford, the 10R transmissions are produced in Michigan and finished in Ohio
https://corporate.ford.com/operations/locations/global-plants/livonia-transmission-plant.html

United States - Livonia Transmission Plant Address
36200 Plymouth Road
Livonia, Michigan
United States

Employment
Approximate current total employees: 2,845
Approximately 2,640 of these are hourly employees.

Production History
Current products: 6R transmissions, 10R transmissions, 8F35 transmission, 8F40 transmission, service components

Year opened: 1952
Site size in acres: 182

United States - Sharonville Transmission Plant
Address
Sharonville, Ohio
United States

Employment
Approximate current total employees: 1,790
Approximately 1,590 of these are hourly employees.

Production History
Current products: 6R140 and 10R80 finished transmissions; Gears – 6R80, 6R140, 6F35, 6F50/55, 8F57

Year opened: 1958
Site size in acres: 182

JohnMcClane

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
of course i signed up... this is at the bottom of their website
1604510692325.png
PML is making and shipping pans as of now. Probably get one for my Bronco if it fits.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use to make the one-way clutch parts for this transmission a couple years back before I moved over to aerospace division with the company I'm with.
I hate CVT transmissions, but I'm find when they act like a regular slushbox. ?

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah ... pretty sure it will have auto start/stop also.
It's without a doubt THE MOST ANNOYING THING in my F150 Limited (lol), because you have to turn off the feature each and every time you turn the "key" (start/stop button).

Several ways to permanently disable it:
1. Hook up a trailer dongle (if tow equipped)
2. Forscan programming
3. Put an in-line wire adapter (~$99) behind the switch that "reverses" the function of the switch. Auto start/stop is always disabled and is ENABLED by pressing the switch.
Put the $99 start stop eliminator in my wife's Explorer. She LOVES it.

TeamRJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 F150 Limited, '19 CVO Roadglide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Put the $99 start stop eliminator in my wife's Explorer. She LOVES it.
Ha!

I just put mine in over the weekend ... agreed ... it works great and love it also.
I got mine for $89 on ebay.

Only other thing to offer is that they are switch design specific, so just make sure your switch matches the type of eliminator you purchase.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely maddening in the 2019 Ranger to be cruising at 30 mph in 9th gear and encounter elevation change or the need to downshift 5 gears to maintain 30 mph. The only comparison I could give to anybody capable of driving a manual would be to roll from the line in 2nd, skip 3rd at 20 mph to get into 4th, ride 4th until 30 mph, then shift into 5th or 6th (whatever your transmission allows). That should net you about 6/10th of a MPG improvement under ideal conditions. Now do that in all conditions without fail and enjoy your driving experience.
Wouldn't constantly lugging under load be real bad for a turbo engine or what am I missing here?

Would driving aggressively in the beginning help with this? I already drive neutered enough by my own will.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wouldn't constantly lugging under load be real bad for a turbo engine or what am I missing here?

Would driving aggressively in the beginning help with this? I already drive neutered enough by my own will.
Modern turbos don't have the pressure differential issues that 80's turbo system architecture had, plus the turbos themselves are generations ahead, I don't worry about part throttle, lift, coast or really much of anything with these current systems.

Driving aggressively will absolutely..... Wait, nobody has posted exactly how the system "learns". The level that the "learning" could be somebodies butt-dyno or anecdotal feelings and rationalizations for their purchase are likely more quantifiable. I logged a few drives in the '19 Ranger using ForScan when it was new but haven't bothered to do any more logging since I find the transmission stupid beyond all belief and the GF LOVES the way it drives in 9th and 10th gear. She doesn't even notice it needs to downshift 4 gears on the freeway to pass. Or that it's in 8th gear going up a hill at 30 mph, chugging like it's well out of proper gearing..... "It's just how it works"...

Ford Bronco Deep dive on the 10R80 10-Speed Automatic Transmission ae476d8033bcf74d4a8dbad7741eaeaa[1]

She puts the most miles on it so I would have to log her driving, then use the truck exclusively for a month or so, then do more logging just to try and see what, if any, parameters are being modified.

People, driving can be more enjoyable than this.... Just not with the 10-speed auto in Ranger, and soon to be in Bronco.

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What benefit does a deeper pan provide?
Better cooling capacity. Heat kills auto transmissions. It takes more heat energy to raise temperature in a larger capacity than the standard capacity, hence absorbing more heat keeping temps lower.

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve got one in my 2017 F150. ... Also blocking out gears can be done without any special programming. They did a great job on it.

How is this feature used?

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is this feature used?
Assuming it's like everything else there will be a toggle switch on the shifter for manual shifting, and locking out gears. simple + button, - button. Manual mode upshift and downshift. Standard auto mode if you tap - button it will take away top end gears so they are not available. Say you didn't want it lugging in 10th tap - twice and the highest gear it will auto shift into is 8th.

Side note to the whole post I hope Ford has made some improvements to the A10 in hardware, and software. My 2019 F150 is what I call quirky. Sometimes hunts for gears, and occasionally has an intense harsh upshift, and downshift. Ford has already re-flashed it with minimal improvement. When it shifts right though it is butter smooth and always in the powerband of whatever throttle you are giving it.
Sponsored