Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got back from a 5 day solo overlanding using my home made foam mattress system. It's not ideal, but I've used it on 3-4 camping trips with my wife. After seeing this, I think I'll get at least one for solo.

One question is takedown, how long and how much trouble is it to deflate and roll and pack them? On my trip last week I just rolled the foam up and put 2 straps around it. Yes, it's still very big, but it take only 30 seconds. Your vid looks like it took you many minutes?

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got back from a 5 day solo overlanding using my home made foam mattress system. It's not ideal, but I've used it on 3-4 camping trips with my wife. After seeing this, I think I'll get at least one for solo.

One question is takedown, how long and how much trouble is it to deflate and roll and pack them? On my trip last week I just rolled the foam up and put 2 straps around it. Yes, it's still very big, but it take only 30 seconds. Your vid looks like it took you many minutes?
Yep. I'd say if you only had 1 pad, it would take less than 10 minutes to roll up the leveling pad and sleeping pad and return them to their bags.

deepsleep Overland

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, 21' Toyota 4runner, 23' 4dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

If Youre using your hands/knees to push air out and roll up it takes about 1.5-2 minutes to roll it, strap it and put it in the bag. But we offer a deflation pump that makes it a lot easier and a little quicker.

OP
OP

newclubfront

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If Youre using your hands/knees to push air out and roll up it takes about 1.5-2 minutes to roll it, strap it and put it in the bag. But we offer a deflation pump that makes it a lot easier and a little quicker.
Hey deep sleep. I think I over inflated my bronco pads with the air pump because they don't stay inflated throughout the night. It's not a huge deals since the foam is still nice and comfy but would be nice to fix it. I didn't immediately see any obvious leaks. Should I use the soapy water method to identify leak points and then try to patch with the included tape? I'm thinking the leaks might be around the seams and wonder if that will be difficult to do.

Sponsored

deepsleep Overland

Base
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey deep sleep. I think I over inflated my bronco pads with the air pump because they don't stay inflated throughout the night. It's not a huge deals since the foam is still nice and comfy but would be nice to fix it. I didn't immediately see any obvious leaks. Should I use the soapy water method to identify leak points and then try to patch with the included tape? I'm thinking the leaks might be around the seams and wonder if that will be difficult to do.
Go ahead and email me at [email protected] and we can troubleshoot.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a review of the DeepSleep? Even with the leveling pad it looks like it's got a bit of slope on the seats. I can't image what it would be like without the leveling pad.

@deepsleep Overland I'd like to see a design that incorporates a wedge to actually level out the back. Is that possible?

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone have a review of the DeepSleep? Even with the leveling pad it looks like it's got a bit of slope on the seats. I can't image what it would be like without the leveling pad.

@deepsleep Overland I'd like to see a design that incorporates a wedge to actually level out the back. Is that possible?
There is a bit of a slope because of the rear seats - unfortunately they don’t fold flat…

Regardless of this, I absolutely LOVE mine for how I use it. In my experience, I’ve only noticed the slope of the seats when on un-level ground and I’ve found that I can eliminate the noticeable slope front to back by angling the vehicle so the nose is slightly lower. Obviously that’s not always possible, but it’s been working for me

I wouldn’t not use the leveling pad unless you had something else to put in its place

Would I prefer a perfectly flat surface to sleep on? Of course, but for me, the Deep Sleep is a minimalist solution and I’m okay with that short coming

would an additional wedge piece to level out the rear seat are along with a much taller leveling pad work to make a mostly level surface? Most definitely! Perhaps one could build a small drawer to replace the leveling pad and then you could get some wedge cut foam to fill the angled void? I actually don’t think this is a half bad idea - thanks for asking this question 😁

GooseGear and good old plywood and some shop time will also get you that level surface, at the cost of your rear seats, but since you’re here, I bet you already knew that

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I also bought the levelers, and try to park with the front of the vehicle facing downward about 5 degrees to compensate for the angle of the seats when folded.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bought the ford tailgate slide step thing so no need for the leveling item. But I like the Deepsleep. I fits in the space perfectly and is super comfy. I decided to just buy two of these instead of typical mattresses. They go in the Bronco for solo trips and in the tent if I bring both dogs and the wife along.

The only complaint I have is that my feet get way to cold when sleeping in the bronco but that is not really the end of the world.

As others have stated the rear seats fold at an angle. If you have to have a perfectly level sleeping area a rear seat delete and platform are your best bet. https://www.goose-gear.com/collecti...e-for-ford-bronco-2021-present-6th-gen-4-door

Good luck with justifying the cost. It is pretty BA though.

deepsleep Overland

Base
First Name
Team deepsleep
Threads
Reaction score
Website
deepsleepoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Hey @swooshdave ,
yes, it would be possible, but costly. We considered this but knowing that some either install the goose gear platform, have the roll our accessory tray from Ford, or build their own setup, we decided on our Leveling mats as a more cost-effective option. With our 3" Leveling mats, and our 5" Solo Mats combined, you won't feel any variation in the floor. There is still a slight incline, but you can park at a slight decline at your destination. Or we personally, have a set of recovery boards that we put under the rear tires, which elevates the rear end when there's need.
Hope this helps!
Sponsored