First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I came home from a trip in my Bronco. About an hour later, I checked my FordPass app and had this notice ( see pic below ). I’ve put 13k on the odometer and never had this happen.

It tells you how to deactivate it, but I never activated it.
Ford Bronco Deep Sleep Mode 938B637B-D5AF-48DA-8260-0B8F53941C07
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well wake her ass up! The weekend is upon us 😀

Last edited:
OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I checked info on Deep sleep mode. Here’s what Ford says:

Ford Bronco Deep Sleep Mode 646851A3-0C1A-461A-A46A-8C0F223859A0

None of these conditions apply to me. As a matter of fact, I just got back from a trip and all gauges were normal. Apparently it can just come on randomly 🤨

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dude, just let her sleep. My kids come in and wake me up all the time and I hate it! You just got back from a long trip, you rode her hard, now she just wants to get a good night sleep. Is that really too much to ask?

Edit: is there a way to put me in deep sleep mode?

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just had this with my Explorer, it was the battery. Not sure if you use the Scriptable app that shows battery voltage but mine was under 13v and that is when the trouble started. May not be the case here but I’d have it looked at

Sponsored
OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just had this with my Explorer, it was the battery. Not sure if you use the Scriptable app that shows battery voltage but mine was under 13v and that is when the trouble started. May not be the case here but I’d have it looked at
Thanks for the response. I did look at my voltage. It was 13.5.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dude, just let her sleep. My kids come in and wake me up all the time and I hate it! You just got back from a long trip, you rode her hard, now she just wants to get a good night sleep. Is that really too much to ask?

Edit: is there a way to put me in deep sleep mode?
:D

When just one emoji is not enough....

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you have to get your battery replaced?

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I came home from a trip in my Bronco. About an hour later, I checked my FordPass app and had this notice ( see pic below ). I’ve put 13k on the odometer and never had this happen.

It tells you how to deactivate it, but I never activated it.
Ford Bronco Deep Sleep Mode 646851A3-0C1A-461A-A46A-8C0F223859A0
Had the exact same message a couple days ago and then again last night. In both instances, the Bronco had been driven within 12 hours before so battery should have been fine, and it met none of the typical pre-set conditions to cause this. I'm wondering if it might be caused by some bad code in a recent update of the Ford Pass app. My app shows an April 29 update.

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you have to get your battery replaced?
I did.
Battery never failed but the deep sleep mode would happen on and off. Go on a long drive then voltage would be above 13v but quick short trips and it would drop below 13v, anytime that happened deep sleep. Went on for a month or so before I finally got it to the dealer. During that time things go progressively worse, harsh shifts and other issue. Gave a list of issues to dealer and they wanted to inspect transmission (there was a recall at the time) but when I got there told them it’s probably the battery. 3 days later and nothing wrong but battery. If the voltage drops it will mess with all the (trigger phrase) modules and things get sketchy.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have to check voltage before starting the engine, otherwise you are seeing charge voltage.
I did and it was 12.1. I believe that means it’s only 50% charged and most likely going bad. Is that how you would interpret the information?

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did and it was 12.1. I believe that means it’s only 50% charged and most likely going bad. Is that how you would interpret the information?
That’s exactly how mine was 12.5-12.9v. Anytime under 13v the computer will freak out. Today’s computers need a very clean and consistent voltage or they have issues.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did.
Battery never failed but the deep sleep mode would happen on and off. Go on a long drive then voltage would be above 13v but quick short trips and it would drop below 13v, anytime that happened deep sleep. Went on for a month or so before I finally got it to the dealer. During that time things go progressively worse, harsh shifts and other issue. Gave a list of issues to dealer and they wanted to inspect transmission (there was a recall at the time) but when I got there told them it’s probably the battery. 3 days later and nothing wrong but battery. If the voltage drops it will mess with all the (trigger phrase) modules and things get sketchy.
Was that voltage with the engine off, or on? Also, I’m assuming that the battery was covered under warranty? Thanks

Shenanigans

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Was that voltage with the engine off, or on? Also, I’m assuming that the battery was covered under warranty? Thanks
It was off and anytime I received the notification I would check the app. It was always under 13v. It was covered under warranty since it was less than 2yrs old. Live in a desert environment and batteries rarely last more than 2yrs.
Sponsored