Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang Convertible, 2012 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I have read the Bronco has pretty respectable water crossing capability, 33" or or so?? My question is with the design of the IFS differential and the rear dif, would it be required to have Differential Bleeder extensions to ensure water doesn't get into the difs? Also, Does anybody know where the air intake is located and if you have heard of any plans for snorkels for these?
Sponsored

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I have read the Bronco has pretty respectable water crossing capability, 33" or or so?? My question is with the design of the IFS differential and the rear dif, would it be required to have Differential Bleeder extensions to ensure water doesn't get into the difs? Also, Does anybody know where the air intake is located and if you have heard of any plans for snorkels for these?
It’s relatively easy to extend the diff breathers/transmission/transfer case breathers on your own. Air intake is from the fender well I’m pretty sure. I’m sure someone will make a snorkel eventually. It would be prudent to apply dielectric grease to electrical connectors under the vehicle (axles, transfer case plugs, etc) if one’s going to be doing deep water crossings on the regular

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s relatively easy to extend the diff breathers/transmission/transfer case breathers on your own. Air intake is from the fender well I’m pretty sure. I’m sure someone will make a snorkel eventually. It would be prudent to apply dielectric grease to electrical connectors under the vehicle (axles, transfer case plugs, etc) if one’s going to be doing deep water crossings on the regular
Ford Bronco Deep Water Crossings / Fording 1621545942425

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Im not sure about dunking the turbos. Could cause cracks eventually.

Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If it is designed for that depth from the factory why would the breathers need to be extended?

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think even with a snorkel, the max depth should be adhered to. I don't think cold water on a hot turbo would be good for the metal.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think even with a snorkel, the max depth should be adhered to. I don't think cold water on a hot turbo would be good for the metal.
Military trucks use turbo diesels and have tremendous fording capability. The turbo isn’t the constraint.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11e89bc05dc06d881fd4bda5a51749847d32382e&rid=giphy.gif

Ford Bronco Deep Water Crossings / Fording 41977EFB-C991-47E7-90B0-348EE4207373

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any snorkels available yet

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is your point? If hoses and lines are not watertight they ain't of much use, are they.

I stand corrected
Nope. You gave solid advice, however the number of connectors may be overwhelming. In a modern vehicle all of the fragile electronics are ruggedized and physically protected from water intrusion.

Any snorkels available yet
None yet. The companies that would be making these have not had a chance to get their hands on one yet. One thing working against this item is the fact that the Bronco will not be available in Australia and South Africa. I'm pretty sure River Raider and Rugged Ridge will have them within a couple of years.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it is designed for that depth from the factory why would the breathers need to be extended?
A lot of times it’s best to relocate breathers. Toyotas I have had all needed to be relocated, despite the FJ claiming 27” fording depth. It’s an easy afternoon job, I think it was $100 or so for a pre-made kit. It’s cheap insurance agains water getting in.

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A widely performed manuever in LR Series prior to water crossings is to remove the fan belt - fan beating the water and showering everything under the bonnet is disadvantageous……just saying.

LHD

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurais, Corvairs, 914-6, TT, F350 SD
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks to be about 14” deep you got another 19 to hit 33 putting the water up past the sticker. Hope the drain plugs are in the washout floor. Lol
Sponsored

Last edited: