Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2009 Mazda RX-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once I heard that Deepsleep would be making a memory foam Solo mat for the 4 door, I immediately asked if they would be doing the same for the 2 door. I was somewhat disappointed when the response I received was that the 2 door version would instead be an air mattress. After digging through specs of other vehicles that Deepsleep also makes the Solo mat for, I realized that the Subaru Impreza dimensions are nearly identical to that of the 2 door Bronco. So I purchased a Solo mat for an Impreza to see how well it would fit in the 2 door. I didn't want to have to remove the seats and in this case the angle created by the rear seat helps the Solo mat fit more snug. So I had a custom piece of medium density foam cut so the portion of the mat near the tailgate would have something to rest on:

Ford Bronco Deepsleep mattress for 2 door Bronco (Proof of Concept) IMG_7773

Test fit of the Solo mat and the foam (mat is inflating):
Ford Bronco Deepsleep mattress for 2 door Bronco (Proof of Concept) IMG_7774

Fully inflated mat with the tailgate closed:

Ford Bronco Deepsleep mattress for 2 door Bronco (Proof of Concept) IMG_7775

Here is the portion that is not a direct fit...the armrest. Instead, it actually sits on top of the Bronco armrest. This actually helps add stability/cushion to the underside of the mattress:

Ford Bronco Deepsleep mattress for 2 door Bronco (Proof of Concept) IMG_7777

The upward angle of the seat and mattress actually allows me at 5'10" to lay comfortably on the mattress. However, I'll probably double up on the mattress and foam for camping with my girl (or if I just want to lay diagonally).

So here's another option for fellow 2 door owners.
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Out of curiosity how tall are you?
Nevermind I read further see your height.
Also do you not prefer flipping the bottom portion of the seat up to where the seats are more flat and less of an angle?

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great solution! Do you mind sharing the mattress measurements?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great solution! Do you mind sharing the mattress measurements?

The mattress is 72" long and either 26" wide (thickest portion) or 21" wide (thinnest portion). It inflates to 5 " thick and made out of similar polyurethane material that Exped or other sleeping mats are made out of. The air can be pressed out and the mat rolled up and put in a storage bag that Deepsleep provides

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also do you not prefer flipping the bottom portion of the seat up to where the seats are more flat and less of an angle?

Laying completely flat would be my first choice but you would have to put some sort of cushion or padding under the mat so that it can clear the portion of the rear seat cushion that is sticking up when you lay the backseat flat.

Last edited:

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you need to cheat using that wrong-fold-up angle to smooth the transition up to the forward-leaned seat back... only way I'd fit at over 6'.

Probably like being in a recliner. Park it downhill... prop the feet a bit... it might just work for a non-restless sleeper. 🤔😴

Sponsored

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is awesome!!

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Once I heard that Deepsleep would be making a memory foam Solo mat for the 4 door, I immediately asked if they would be doing the same for the 2 door. I was somewhat disappointed when the response I received was that the 2 door version would instead be an air mattress. After digging through specs of other vehicles that Deepsleep also makes the Solo mat for, I realized that the Subaru Impreza dimensions are nearly identical to that of the 2 door Bronco. So I purchased a Solo mat for an Impreza to see how well it would fit in the 2 door. I didn't want to have to remove the seats and in this case the angle created by the rear seat helps the Solo mat fit more snug. So I had a custom piece of medium density foam cut so the portion of the mat near the tailgate would have something to rest on:

Test fit of the Solo mat and the foam (mat is inflating):

Fully inflated mat with the tailgate closed:

Here is the portion that is not a direct fit...the armrest. Instead, it actually sits on top of the Bronco armrest. This actually helps add stability/cushion to the underside of the mattress:

The upward angle of the seat and mattress actually allows me at 5'10" to lay comfortably on the mattress. However, I'll probably double up on the mattress and foam for camping with my girl (or if I just want to lay diagonally).

So here's another option for fellow 2 door owners.
If only they came in adult size.

JasonB

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you need to cheat using that wrong-fold-up angle to smooth the transition up to the forward-leaned seat back... only way I'd fit at over 6'.

Probably like being in a recliner. Park it downhill... prop the feet a bit... it might just work for a non-restless sleeper. 🤔😴
How much over 6' are you? A mattress on both sides would allow for diagonal sleeping and add a more room. With the front seat pushed all the way forward to fit a 72" long mattress and based on a 42" width the max diagonal angle is 83"
Sponsored