First Name
Jenifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Outer Banks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When we purchased our 23 Outer Banks on Saturday, April 22, we found out after the sale the 12-inch screen was defective. We were told to bring it back Monday. Tuesday the service department said it was fixed. We picked up the Bronco and within 3 miles of the dealership, the screen went black and continued to reboot. We drove back and were told to leave it so they could submit a ticket with Ford. That Friday (April 28), we were told a new module needed to be ordered and it could take a few weeks. Nick, the technician, said he would get a shipping date the following Monday and said we could return the rental and pick up the Bronco and wait till the part came in, which we did. As of this past Monday, May 7, there was no shipping date still.

Since then i have tried to reach out to Ford by phone and email 4 times now and they are ignoring me. I'm now wondering if they don't have a fix, or if the module was never ordered.

Has anyone had a problem with their screen continuously rebooting? If so, did you need to order a module to fix it? How long did it take to get the module?
Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you search, there are a lot of threads from a year ago about this. IIRC, most were caused by a loose connector.

OP
OP
Marker13

Marker13

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Connectors were checked and not the issue, unfortunately.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Connectors were checked and not the issue, unfortunately.
There were several threads last year about SYNC 4 Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) failures, where the 12” screen just went black and all functionality was lost. It was a real issue at the time, and part delays were several months long, back when electronic modules were heavily constrained by supply chain issues.

My own Bronco was affected, and it took two months for the replacement part to arrive. Fortunately, I was able to drive the vehicle in the interim, and it has been trouble free ever since the module was replaced. I haven’t seen any similar threads recently, but I haven’t been on the forum as much in the last 6-8 months, so I may have missed some.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When we purchased our 23 Outer Banks on Saturday, April 22, we found out after the sale the 12-inch screen was defective. We were told to bring it back Monday. Tuesday the service department said it was fixed. We picked up the Bronco and within 3 miles of the dealership, the screen went black and continued to reboot. We drove back and were told to leave it so they could submit a ticket with Ford. That Friday (April 28), we were told a new module needed to be ordered and it could take a few weeks. Nick, the technician, said he would get a shipping date the following Monday and said we could return the rental and pick up the Bronco and wait till the part came in, which we did. As of this past Monday, May 7, there was no shipping date still.

Since then i have tried to reach out to Ford by phone and email 4 times now and they are ignoring me. I'm now wondering if they don't have a fix, or if the module was never ordered.

Has anyone had a problem with their screen continuously rebooting? If so, did you need to order a module to fix it? How long did it take to get the module?
Hi there. This screen concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marker13

Marker13

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I already messaged you April 25th and the only thing you said was we'll have someone call you. Got the call along with an apology this is happening, nothing more. No resolution.

The dealership was Ford of Port Richey who is also not responding. Pretty bad customer service all around.

ALCO44

Raptor
First Name
ALLEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hi there. This screen concern doesn’t sound like something we want you to experience with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you on my end.
My 21 Bronco 12 " screen has been black for over 5 months. Can you help me as well. I am sure it is the Apim.
Sponsored