Sponsored

Defender has breached the perimeter, Wranglers overrunning us! Hurry!

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was on my way to work this morning. Houston I-10 going east. I thought I was looking at the rear of a Bronco and it turned out to be a Seagreen looking color LR Defender. Sorry no pics I was driving. It looked great, if it was in budget range I would be dropping my reservation. In my opinion, it look a bit like the Bronco maybe even close in size. If I get the chance to get pics I'll post.
The back of the Defender looks nothing like the back of a Bronco! maybe because they both have a spare on the back and a vertical handle is the only thing similar, Defender has 4 square brake lights/reverse lights on each side, Bronco 1 light on each side?!?!?!?!
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To all that like the defender good to you.
I think it would be like starting smoking un filterd ciggaretes ,you know its bad why do it?

level3looper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a lot of young professionals where I live. Lot of disposable income. We are lousy with Jeeps in my parking garage, they’re a dime a dozen. Even Rubicons are downright common, though I question how many get any more off-road than driving on Northern Jersey’s legendarily shitty roads.

But now ... now the Land Rover Defender has arrived. We already have two of them on the roster. Come on, Ford! You can’t let Rover do this to us too!

We need to put some Broncos on the playing field, and we need them yesterday! I’m not talking about the Bronco Sport. We need the real deal, full sized, manly man, ass kicking, mountain climbing, creek crossing, rock crawling Bronco and we need it now!

I have spoken. So say we all.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

love that render for it's color but if you have a minute can you do it a bit darker like this? If they don't come out with a good green for 2022, I am seriously considering making a bad, expensive decision and painting it this color

1971 Mallard Green Bronco (3).jpg

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
The back of the Defender looks nothing like the back of a Bronco! maybe because they both have a spare on the back and a vertical handle is the only thing similar, Defender has 4 square brake lights/reverse lights on each side, Bronco 1 light on each side?!?!?!?!
I have Bronco on my brain. After looking at few pics of the LR Defender, I was over whelmed with excitement of thinking I get to see a Bronco in Houston.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still can’t fathom why we have people comparing the new defender to the Jeep or the Bronco. The new defender is unibody, feels and drives like a minivan, has a minivan drivetrain, cannot accept decent sized tires, has essentially no off-road capability. I mean let’s start comparing everything to the GMC Terrain while we’re at it.

It’s engineered for numbers not capability.

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To all that like the defender good to you.
I think it would be like starting smoking un filterd ciggaretes ,you know its bad why do it?
It’s like seeing a cute fluffy bear. You want to give it a hug, pet it, and snuggle it. But you know it’s a bad idea....

The defender is good looking. You just can’t trust it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to worry, just like the NBA with COVID, the Defender shall break down. The wall is safe.

Typed in 'vehicles most likely to break down' in Google:

Survey: These new cars are the most likely to break down
  • Land Rover Range Rover Evoque.
  • Land Rover Discovery Sport.
  • Cadillac Escalade.
  • Chevrolet Colorado.
  • GMC Canyon.
  • Fiat 500X.
  • Fiat 500L.
  • Jeep Wrangler.

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did anyone catch the TFL offroad Defender drama?? That new Defender sounds like a nightmare..if you haven’t watched it, check it out

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are a lot of young professionals where I live. Lot of disposable income. We are lousy with Jeeps in my parking garage, they’re a dime a dozen. Even Rubicons are downright common, though I question how many get any more off-road than driving on Northern Jersey’s legendarily shitty roads.

But now ... now the Land Rover Defender has arrived. We already have two of them on the roster. Come on, Ford! You can’t let Rover do this to us too!

We need to put some Broncos on the playing field, and we need them yesterday! I’m not talking about the Bronco Sport. We need the real deal, full sized, manly man, ass kicking, mountain climbing, creek crossing, rock crawling Bronco and we need it now!

I have spoken. So say we all.
I agree Ford playing catch up now.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did anyone catch the TFL offroad Defender drama?? That new Defender sounds like a nightmare..if you haven’t watched it, check it out
Love how the Defender cost over $70,000 seems comparable to ya know a Bad Lands Bronco haha.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With all the delays with the Bronco, count me in as one of those who is checking out other vehicle alternatives. Yesterday I made a spreadsheet of the lengths of vehicles I own or might consider. Getting a little crazy. I was thinking of going 4dr instead of 2dr for a possible earlier build. So far I still come back to my 2dr Badlands. Priced out a Jeep Rubicon and it came to about the same price as the Bronco, but I think the Bronco is a newer, better design. Was checking out a 4Runner too, but too long for me and older tech and seems the Bronco will be better off road though the 4Runner is pretty good. So for the time being I am resigning myself to waiting for my Bronco. If Land Rover had a good selection of 2dr Defenders on the lot at lower price points I might be tempted, but it's still just the behemoth 4drs in the USA. I share the worries about Defender reliability. Hope the Bronco ends up being reliable. We are all taking a risk with Ford in that aspect.
Sponsored