Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

• Banned
I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
Sponsored

Sponsored

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Fading is easily prevented with proper care

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the bigger advantage over the Jeep roof is that the color is "molded in". Wrangler's roofs are always getting scratched and knocked around (as they should be), except that under the outer paint is bright white plastic. When it gets scratched, it looks beat up very quickly.

Sponsored

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have heard rumors here at FoMoCo that the supplier for the tops is having issues with the black tops and they DO NOT want to put out a bad product...... I just wish they would be more transparent..... I think people would understand.... I am not in any level of management that is in the know, I'm just a tradesman that works at Ford, and have heard rumors.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have heard rumors here at FoMoCo that the supplier for the tops is having issues with the black tops and they DO NOT want to put out a bad product...... I just wish they would be more transparent..... I think people would understand.... I am not in any level of management that is in the know, I'm just a tradesman that works at Ford, and have heard rumors.
Had to assume as much, same for the white mods. People jump to all the wrong conclusions and blame Ford. It's a supply issue, and there will be many others. Get used to it. Can you imagine trying to produce 150k of ANYTHING these days??? I'm impressed they're doing all they are so far.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not 100% I agree with this logic. If this was the case, why did they still choose black for the other plastics as they are just as susceptible to fading. I am more inclined to think there were other factors at play, specifically the MIC process or some other factor that impacted production costs.