Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like I just wish they put the pop out windows in it! The black is to glossy. I'm over black and black vehicles. My Jeep had so much trail rash. I rather be able to hide it!

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To all those who haven't seen the MIC top in person, it doesn't look bad at all and actually matches the fender flares and other plastics pretty well.

Here is a picture I took at SuperCel east:
20201008_104353.jpg

Don't trust the cgi images from Ford

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have heard rumors here at FoMoCo that the supplier for the tops is having issues with the black tops and they DO NOT want to put out a bad product...... I just wish they would be more transparent..... I think people would understand.... I am not in any level of management that is in the know, I'm just a tradesman that works at Ford, and have heard rumors.
I wonder what else is having issues... They're most likely just protecting that stock price ;)

Sponsored

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have heard rumors here at FoMoCo that the supplier for the tops is having issues with the black tops and they DO NOT want to put out a bad product...... I just wish they would be more transparent..... I think people would understand.... I am not in any level of management that is in the know, I'm just a tradesman that works at Ford, and have heard rumors.
Well at least your trying .. Ford treats us like mushrooms.

Lolife

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know how important this product launch is to FoMoCo..... They want 110% satisfied Bronco owners..... Better be late with a great product than early or on time with crap..... They want to hit it out of the park, trust me. And yes they want happy shareholders and a bad launch with not make them happy!

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was related to fading, why didn't they use the MIC Carb Gray color on the flares, pillars and door handles?

I think they are going for a more modern look to stand out from Jeep. Not sure that it's going as hoped for though...

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To all those who haven't seen the MIC top in person, it doesn't look bad at all and actually matches the fender flares and other plastics pretty well.
I seen it in person and disagree. The picture you are showing has a lot of bright sun washing everything out. At other angles and lighting it looks a lot worse. I think the important thing to note about all of these discussions is you really need to see it in person and then decide for yourself.

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

one thing that most will do from other threads ive read is
keep the standard soft top and purchase their own black or white top
My only concern with this option is if the Bronco will come totally prewired for the rear window wiper and defroster if you get the soft top and then purchase the hardtop when it becomes available so it will just be a “Plug and Play” situation. I asked my dealer to contact Ford concerning this issue and he said he has yet to get a definitive answer. Seems it all depends on who you talk to.

351HO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F-150, 92 Ranger, 85 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I seen it in person and disagree. The picture you are showing has a lot of bright sun washing everything out. At other angles and lighting it looks a lot worse. I think the important thing to note about all of these discussions is you really need to see it in person and then decide for yourself.
I agree that the shade of the top changes based on lighting. Can you post a picture showing it in the shade for a good comparison? I dont personally have one but I'll see if I can dig one up in https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...read-from-bronco-super-celebration-east.6348/

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like I just wish they put the pop out windows in it! The black is to glossy. I'm over black and black vehicles. My Jeep had so much trail rash. I rather be able to hide it!
I can live with the gray....but those removable windows....what's the problem?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My only concern with this option is if the Bronco will come totally prewired for the rear window wiper and defroster if you get the soft top and then purchase the hardtop when it becomes available so it will just be a “Plug and Play” situation. I asked my dealer to contact Ford concerning this issue and he said he has yet to get a definitive answer. Seems it all depends on who you talk to.
We got a solid yes on that long ago. It will be wired and tubed....

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The blue looks completely different in those pictures too. And the paint was uniform in color as far as I could tell when I saw them.
Sponsored