-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So with this logic, create a new used looking part. We should demand an optional paint job on the OB with racing strips and seats with fart stains, a faded dash and lastly 60k tires with 20k life left on them. All for 50K+ and we will like it because it is trendy today.

I do not buy ripped jeans, I earn my tears. Just like I have earned all my scars, each one has a story, some are me being stupid, some are wrong place at the wrong time. I own them all.

The grey top seems like it was designed by a poser. Yes I am that old.
Maybe different generations think different
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ill defend it. I like it. And several people like it, but it seems several do not. I will say this. The last off road vehicle I saw with a white top was an FJ Cruiser. C'mon people. I know the Original Broncos had some with white tops but I don't want to be rolling around in a vehicle with a white top that looks similar to the FJ. Also, the MIC top looks awesome with the Antimatter blue and Cactus Grey and some of the other colors. Just my opinion but I would pick the MIC top over a black top, white top or painted matching color top.

1604076082006.png
You do know the original FJ had a white top right? Toyota at least got that right with the Cruiser where Ford has missed the mark.

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top remot

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Priority 1 for me is durability — looks are second. Have not seen Molded in Color top in person but from what I've read online, seems will hold up better than the painted modular

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the build that my wife and I want. We did at least 50 iterations to get here. We have absolutely no interest in using a soft top. We are not color blind and, we cannot imagine how crappy this will look with a gray top. What are we supposed to do, change all of our color preferences inside and out so that they won't look horrid with a gray top? Build an entire vehicle around the color of the top? Really? I predict lots and lots of cancellations and/or deferrals because of this simple issue. This is simply insane. Hope they get it fixed before order time.

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top bronco build 7 pic

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top bronco build 7 int pic

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have not seen Molded in Color top in person but from what I've read online, seems will hold up better than the painted modular
BroncoGuy works for the company making both MOD & MIC tops. He says exactly the opposite; look up his posts.

Gotta remember, the same folks who decided you'd love blue interior accents on a red or orange Bronco....they're the same folks who decided on our grey top

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am taking a hard pass on this. If I settled I would live to regret it and it would tick me off every time I looked at it. Fortunately I have a couple things in my favor. 1. I just recently reserved so I will be ordering a 2022 model and hopefully the issue is resolved by then. 2. I am interested in a 4 dr BL and I will take the standard soft top and get the hard top later.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have heard rumors here at FoMoCo that the supplier for the tops is having issues with the black tops and they DO NOT want to put out a bad product...... I just wish they would be more transparent..... I think people would understand.... I am not in any level of management that is in the know, I'm just a tradesman that works at Ford, and have heard rumors.
Your rumors make more sense than the silence from the official channels. This we can understand.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top

In other news, Ford also saved you the trouble by shipping the Bronco without clear coat on the paint to add that 20 years in the desert Sun fade. They also are going to put bald re-tread tires on it too, so you won't have to be concerned about wearing out new tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP
andi

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In other news, Ford also saved you the trouble by shipping the Bronco without clear coat on the paint to add that 20 years in the desert Sun fade. They also are going to put bald re-tread tires on it too, so you won't have to be concerned about wearing out new tires.
thats actually funny lol

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No reason to overthink this.

Ford can't be that stupid to actually think gray would be a good color for a hardtop. So, with that in mind, the only reason they would put in production a gray hardtop is to force the consumer to purchase their $$$$ black or white hardtop (knowing how hideous the gray is).

It's ALWAYS about the $$$$.

Clayps

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Jeep tops don't fade all that much. They're white fibreglass that is painted (rather cheaply I might add) with a rough black paint. My JK is 10 years old and while it's likely faded a bit, not near to the degree that the plastic fenders have. I think the Bronco will be more prone to fading as it's more of a plastic material, if I understand correctly. I don't think the MIC looks bad, but I think body colour will look better!

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
So, you think their logic was to just make it look horrible from the start? You're just reaching. Nobody is that stupid.

In my opinion, the Grey MIC on the 2021 Bronco might be the single worst decision in the history of automotive design.

I say this because the rest of the vehicle is so perfect. They nailed all of the "hard-to-do" things, and then they completely ruined it with such an incomprehensible mistake on something that was so simple to get right.

Shame on Ford. Shame on the whole company because anybody could've spoken up.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shame on the whole company because anybody could've spoken up.
makes you curious what kinda shit gets developed when they Don't have their "A" Team on it for 6 years
Sponsored