Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

makes you curious what kinda shit gets developed when they Don't have their "A" Team on it for 6 years
I love the entire rest of the vehicle.

I mean, I have little complaints, but nothing consequential.

They hit a home run and then forgot to step on home plate.
Sponsored

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No reason to overthink this.

Ford can't be that stupid to actually think gray would be a good color for a hardtop. So, with that in mind, the only reason they would put in production a gray hardtop is to force the consumer to purchase their $$$$ black or white hardtop (knowing how hideous the gray is).

It's ALWAYS about the $$$$.
You mean the hardtops that aren't going to be available until sometime next year?...maybe?
So instead their devious plan was to make gray tops so every one cancels their orders until next year.

That's genius!!!!

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, you think their logic was to just make it look horrible from the start? You're just reaching. Nobody is that stupid.

In my opinion, the Grey MIC on the 2021 Bronco might be the single worst decision in the history of automotive design.

I say this because the rest of the vehicle is so perfect. They nailed all of the "hard-to-do" things, and then they completely ruined it with such an incomprehensible mistake on something that was so simple to get right.

Shame on Ford. Shame on the whole company because anybody could've spoken up.

You should wait for the next year's model then.

That way your Instagram selfies will look better standing in front of your bronco.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No reason to overthink this.

Ford can't be that stupid to actually think gray would be a good color for a hardtop. So, with that in mind, the only reason they would put in production a gray hardtop is to force the consumer to purchase their $$$$ black or white hardtop (knowing how hideous the gray is).

It's ALWAYS about the $$$$.
I'm getting a 2 door. So I need to buy a soft top aftermarket since Ford doesn't have a soft top for 2 doors. Then I'll wait and assess aftermarket white hard tops before deciding on where to buy my white top.

So Bronco buyers might not be forced to purchase an additional top from Ford. And given the number of cancellations due to gray tops, it might not make sense for Ford to theorize that they'll make more $$$ by selling a 2nd top to make up for the gray original.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree that the shade of the top changes based on lighting. Can you post a picture showing it in the shade for a good comparison? I dont personally have one but I'll see if I can dig one up in https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...read-from-bronco-super-celebration-east.6348/
When I walked up to the vehicle, it stuck out like a sore thumb but I do agree that in some pictures it doesn't look too bad. It's just at times it's so far off that I don't know if I can live with it. I know were not taking about the grill but I thought I would share it as well.

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top Ugly top 3

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top Ugly top color change

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top Ugly Gray Grill 1

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You mean the hardtops that aren't going to be available until sometime next year?...maybe?
So instead their devious plan was to make gray tops so every one cancels their orders until next year.

That's genius!!!!
Yep

Production issues on their black hardtops are an entire different issue.

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting, when I look at the picture after they post they don't look as bad as on my phone. It's still too much for me.

Red Mountain Pass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Ford Bronco, 1968 Buick Riviera GS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm getting a 2 door. So I need to buy a soft top aftermarket since Ford doesn't have a soft top for 2 doors. Then I'll wait and assess aftermarket white hard tops before deciding on where to buy my white top.

So Bronco buyers might not be forced to purchase an additional top from Ford. And given the number of cancellations due to gray tops, it might not make sense for Ford to theorize that they'll make more $$$ by selling a 2nd top to make up for the gray original.
Yea, they originally were planning dual tops option. Not having the black hardtops avail now double screwed themselves. Lol

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Nations picture is a great example of the difference I saw walking up.

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top ugly gray top BN

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was looking forward to the rear "port hole"....but I am not going to wait for it either.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The pic above is not in strong light, as evidenced by mild shadow...so I don't think the light is playing tricks with it. Ford says "dark" grey...but that is simply BS

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top 1604091026598

Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top 1604090805333

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post on the forum.

In my opinion, CG MIC top is not a big miss for those going for a BD or BL, unless you were planning on getting it in SB. Otherwise, the glossy finish of the MOD top would clash with non-glossy finish of the grill, mirror caps, and door handles.

I would have been pissed if I was getting either a WT or OBX though. The black glossy finish of the WT grill and mirror caps require a matching glossy finish MOD top in my opinion. Similarly for OBX, you need a glossy MOD top in body color for it to match the grill and mirror caps. I wouldn't consider a SB MOD top for OBX though, as long as mirror caps are in body color.

As I'm planning on getting either a BD or BL, I'm mostly okay with the CG MIC top and don't feel too bad about the black vs CG for some of the trim pieces. I do however think that door handles in body color look better than plastic ones, like on WT. I understand that they would get scratched easily though. So again, not a big deal for me.

Last edited:

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First post on the forum.

In my opinion, CG MIC top is not a big miss for those going for a BD or BL, unless you were planning on getting it in SB. Otherwise, the glossy finish of the MOD top would clash with non-glossy finish of the grill, mirror caps, and door handles.

I would have been pissed if I was getting either a WT or OBX though. The black glossy finish of the WT grill and mirror caps require a matching glossy finish MOD top in my opinion. Similarly for OBX, you need a glossy MOD top in body color for it to match the grill and mirror caps. I wouldn't consider a SB MOD top for OBX though, as long as mirror caps are in body color.

As I'm planning on getting either a BD or BL, I'm mostly okay with the CG MIC top and don't feel too bad about the black vs CG for some of the trim pieces. I do however think that door handles in body color look better than plastic ones, like on WT. I understand that they would get scratched easily though. So again, not a big deal for me.
I agree...that's part of the consideration of switching from Wildtrak to BL. At least the BL has something that is close in color to the top. Still think it was a weird move for them to choose a default color that's not represented anywhere but the grill on two trim levels.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
I guess they could take it a step further and offer faded paint and a rusty frame. ?
Sponsored