intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree...that's part of the consideration of switching from Wildtrak to BL. At least the BL has something that is close in color to the top. Still think it was a weird move for them to choose a default color that's not represented anywhere but the grill on two trim levels.
The photos might be deceiving and I personally never seen a Bronco in real life, but the CG MIC top seems to match CG fenders. And in the middle, you have the B-Pillars, mirrors, door handles, and the front trim pieces in black color. So there's consistency between the top and bottom sections of the truck, and uniformity in the middle section. Ford appears to have put some thought into this actually. Clearly lots of folks prefer all these to be in the same color, preferably black. But I'm happy with the CG MIC top if it at least matches the fenders, and maybe the front and rear bumpers.
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First post on the forum.

In my opinion, CG MIC top is not a big miss for those going for a BD or BL, unless you were planning on getting it in SB. Otherwise, the glossy finish of the MOD top would clash with non-glossy finish of the grill, mirror caps, and door handles.

I would have been pissed if I was getting either a WT or OBX though. The black glossy finish of the WT grill and mirror caps require a matching glossy finish MOD top in my opinion. Similarly for OBX, you need a glossy MOD top in body color for it to match the grill and mirror caps. I wouldn't consider a SB MOD top for OBX though, as long as mirror caps are in body color.

As I'm planning on getting either a BD or BL, I'm mostly okay with the CG MIC top and don't feel too bad about the black vs CG for some of the trim pieces. I do however think that door handles in body color look better than plastic ones, like on WT. I understand that they would get scratched easily though. So again, not a big deal for me.
Exactly, pissed WT reservation holder...
Ford Bronco Defending Fords decision for the CG MIC Hard top Bronco all white

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Shame on Ford. Shame on the whole company because anybody could've spoken up.
Think we had to watch that video at work about group think and the Challenger explosion.

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

1604097666807.png

yeah...and its even darker in Fantasyland
Here is where I'm coming from. If you take a look at photos from before, especially the last one, fenders appear to be in a different shade than the other trim pieces, which are definitely in black color. I think Ford is trying to match this to the CG MIC top. At least, that is my hope.

When I walked up to the vehicle, it stuck out like a sore thumb but I do agree that in some pictures it doesn't look too bad. It's just at times it's so far off that I don't know if I can live with it. I know were not taking about the grill but I thought I would share it as well.

Ugly top 3.png

Ugly top color change.jpg

Ugly Gray Grill 1.jpg

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC Grey DOES NOT match the B pillar or door handles sorry. Some photos it looks like it does but it does not. If you're okay with that that's fine. But no need to distort facts

intothegnar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Volkswagen GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The MIC Grey DOES NOT match the B pillar or door handles sorry. Some photos it looks like it does but it does not. If you're okay with that that's fine. But no need to distort facts
I'm only talking about the fenders and CG MIC top matching in color, which would be some amount of color coordination at least. If you're saying that this is not the case, then too bad.

A couple of things.

1. There have been a few different sheets used on the builds to this point which is why you are seeing photos with what appear to be slightly different shades of MIC top. The coloring is basically the same, what varies is the gloss.

2. For whatever reason, the top is very difficult to photograph. I've tried to get a color accurate photo and have never been able to. They just come out very washed out and not representative of what your eyes are seeing. Maybe I just suck at photography.

Also, the MIC roof does not match the fenders or any of the other black trim on the vehicle. It's not even close.
Yes. I can see that CG MIC top doesn't match the black trim pieces. It looked to me as if it matches the fenders though. If not, poor choice of color for sure.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm only talking about the fenders and CG MIC top matching in color, which would be some amount of color coordination at least. If you're saying that this is not the case, then too bad.

Yes. I can see that CG MIC top doesn't match the black trim pieces. It looked to me as if it matches the fenders though. If not, poor choice of color for sure.
Sorry I wasn't trying to jump on you. Some photos are just playing tricks on us. Just wanted to get that out there so all would understand.

I'm prob going to be spending $700-$1k aftermarket to fix it because it bothers my OCD lol

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the MIC roof does not match the fenders or any of the other black trim on the vehicle. It's not even close.
I know you guys are only following Ford's spec, but you ever heard any reason for the color they settled on?

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell alot of you hate the hard top that ford is offering at the moment, hear me out for a lil
the grey hard top is obviously designed to prevent another jeep-like issue, their hard tops are always fading,

therefore, bronco decided to tackle this common issue, by offering their own "Carbonized Grey" hard top, so that it can be more resistant to fading from sun exposure.

Yes we all want black hard top, but that will eventually fade with time
with a grey top, there will be no color change.

Im sure a black top will come soon, but I can see fords motive for the grey top
I'm giving this Post, a Like (for trying).

The problem that I and many others have is that Ford just changed (upgraded) the front grills and mirrors to the same Gloss Black as the Modular Hard Top that was specified to deliver with the Wildtrak and FE. Now, the Wildtrak customers will have a mis-matched grey (plastic) top (without removable rear quarter windows) to to go with their $60k builds.

Me, I want to order a Wildtrak, but it's pretty hard to do it with a choice of camo cloth seats or Sandstone leather w/black vinyl inserts... but at least it's not that stupid-ass Navy Pier that they are forcing FE owners to take! It seems funny that the only good seating choice (colors) is in the Black Diamond. The choices are Black/Dark Space Grey MGV. I WOULD RATHER CHOOSE FROM THIS PACKAGE than all this crap those Children put together for Wildtrak and FE!!!

At least the future owners, from Base to Badlands, won't also be burdened with all of this off-putting crap!

Last edited:

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope, I've wondered that myself but nobody I've interacted with seems to know.
They out guessed themselves just like the interior color combos.

It’s fine. Designers hit and miss what is wildly accepted as good looking. Only question now is how long will it take them to correct it

Last edited: