Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To all those who haven't seen the MIC top in person, it doesn't look bad at all and actually matches the fender flares and other plastics pretty well.

Here is a picture I took at SuperCel east:
20201008_104353.jpg

Don't trust the cgi images from Ford
The rest of the trim looks much lighter than most pics suggest. Seeing this is a custom rig, I wonder if they put some effort to make everything match?
Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They out guessed them just like the interior color combos.

It’s fine. Designers hit and miss what wildly accepted as good looking. Only question now is how long will it take them to correct it
I can easily guess... at least 1-model year. Ford has likely given out contracts and their specifications, to all their supplier's by now. Each of those suppliers has likely written Purchase Orders for all of the needed materials and patterns that they need to fill orders for this next contract year.

As far as seats/colors/patterns go, I'm pretty sure we're all SCREWED!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The sheets used for the MIC roof have a limited shelf life. That means that there isn't a warehouse full of sheets just waiting to be molded into a finished outer shell. A color change could be made in a matter of days and implemented not long after. We have yet to produce a single panel that will be used on a consumer vehicle so there's still time for Ford to make a change.
Amazeballs. Hope springs eternal! If Only we had a petition :)

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can easily guess... at least 1-model year. Ford has likely given out contracts and their specifications, to all their supplier's by now. Each of those suppliers has likely written Purchase Orders for all of the needed materials and patterns that they need to fill orders for this next contract year.

As far as seats/colors/patterns go, I'm pretty sure we're all SCREWED!
I fear you’re right ugh. Sucks to have to make interior swap trades and paint the roof right out of the box but that’s life I guess. Blessed to be able to afford it

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the build that my wife and I want. We did at least 50 iterations to get here. We have absolutely no interest in using a soft top. We are not color blind and, we cannot imagine how crappy this will look with a gray top. What are we supposed to do, change all of our color preferences inside and out so that they won't look horrid with a gray top? Build an entire vehicle around the color of the top? Really? I predict lots and lots of cancellations and/or deferrals because of this simple issue. This is simply insane. Hope they get it fixed before order time.

bronco build 7 pic.jpg

bronco build 7 int pic.jpg

It's annoying but you make it sound like they're giving you a bronco without an engine vs a color top that's not your preference.

Zero chance of them changing it before order time unfortunately. Remember when they released mansquatch to take the attention off delayed B&P? Easy for them to say here you go, the 5 people that wanted it can have mansquatch! But like...a lot later.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another thing that’s funny to me is I LOVE the carbonized grey Badlands grille. I just don’t want the roof grey lol.

Carbonized grey grill is like a modern take on a chrome grill IMO and looks fantastic.

Carbonized grey roof looks like poop

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's annoying but you make it sound like they're giving you a bronco without an engine vs a color top that's not your preference.

Zero chance of them changing it before order time unfortunately. Remember when they released mansquatch to take the attention off delayed B&P? Easy for them to say here you go, the 5 people that wanted it can have mansquatch! But like...a lot later.
This is the build that my wife and I want. We did at least 50 iterations to get here. We have absolutely no interest in using a soft top. We are not color blind and, we cannot imagine how crappy this will look with a gray top. What are we supposed to do, change all of our color preferences inside and out so that they won't look horrid with a gray top? Build an entire vehicle around the color of the top? Really? I predict lots and lots of cancellations and/or deferrals because of this simple issue. This is simply insane. Hope they get it fixed before order time.

bronco build 7 pic.jpg

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

bronco build 7 pic.jpg

Sexy obx tbh. The cgi there makes it all come together. Too bad the top seems much lighter than that in photos
You mean the hardtops that aren't going to be available until sometime next year?...maybe?
So instead their devious plan was to make gray tops so every one cancels their orders until next year.

That's genius!!!!
No need to cancel. Believe in December they have the black tops as options. Its just delayed. Sorely
Another thing that’s funny to me is I LOVE the carbonized grey Badlands grille. I just don’t want the roof grey lol.

Carbonized grey grill is like a modern take on a chrome grill IMO and looks fantastic.

Carbonized grey roof looks like poop
Agreed. That badlands grill looks amazing. I'm choosing to get my wildtrak and just wait for when the black top is available. Is what it is. But the badlands interior and grey grill keep making me think twice ?

JW55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
White fades to gray?
He was saying white doesn't fade.

I had a 1984 GMC K-5 Jimmy with a white top (they were all white) and when I sold it in 2002 the original blue paint had faded but the top was still snow white.